Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from Tesla and asked the same question. Was told there will be approx 100 miles of charge.
Surely when you get in the car if you use nav to get home and you don't have enough charge it will divert you to a charger?

I have no issues in admitting I'm very jealous especially the people who ordered later and are getting their cars shortly but congrats awaiting pics for parcel shelf gate!

if you are looking for some clarification (in my case) why you have not been allocated stock yet I can tell you Tesla enterprise team in my circumstances set to only be matched from the 1st of July ( I have no idea why!) despite the order placed around 23rd of March. They have said the original order date supersedes the match date so make of that what you will!

Reactions: Toblerone
As some of our cars have been on a delayed ship longer, I hope they havenā€™t all been sitting at a very low state of charge for some time. Not the best start in life for a new pack.

Good news is, MY owners from q1 are reporting exceptional idle drain (lack of). Unlike the MS which looses 3 miles a day, the new MY is more like 3 miles a week.

Reactions: Mr O
As some of our cars have been on a delayed ship longer, I hope they havenā€™t all been sitting at a very low state of charge for some time. Not the best start in life for a new pack.

Good news is, MY owners from q1 are reporting exceptional idle drain (lack of). Unlike the MS which looses 3 miles a day, the new MY is more like 3 miles a week.
FFS - another set of anxiety issues I hadn't figured in to the EV ownership model šŸ˜•

So my Model 3 was picked up yesterday and disappeared into the sunset. Sold via Motorway. With that transaction done I paid the balance for the Model Y due for pick up on 29/3. And then realised Iā€™d made an error on the payment reference for the bank transfer :oops: Iā€™d added an extra digit for some reason into the Reservation Number used as a reference. Despite checking and triple checking everything. Slight panic ensued. Had I just paid almost Ā£56k for someone elseā€™s Model Y? If it didnā€™t get assigned to my order would I miss the 7 day deadline and have my order cancelled? I advised Tesla of this error when I sent the proof of payment via email. And decided to call them, where thankfully I was assured by a very friendly Tesla employee that neither of these things would happen and all would be fine. Phew. Although Iā€™ll still nervously check my account regularly until I see that the final invoice is settled.

So my Model 3 was picked up yesterday and disappeared into the sunset. Sold via Motorway. With that transaction done I paid the balance for the Model Y due for pick up on 29/3. And then realised Iā€™d made an error on the payment reference for the bank transfer :oops: Iā€™d added an extra digit for some reason into the Reservation Number used as a reference. Despite checking and triple checking everything. Slight panic ensued. Had I just paid almost Ā£56k for someone elseā€™s Model Y? If it didnā€™t get assigned to my order would I miss the 7 day deadline and have my order cancelled? I advised Tesla of this error when I sent the proof of payment via email. And decided to call them, where thankfully I was assured by a very friendly Tesla employee that neither of these things would happen and all would be fine. Phew. Although Iā€™ll still nervously check my account regularly until I see that the final invoice is settled.
Itā€™s going to need manually matching to your RN which could take time.

The usual guidance is make a Ā£1 initial payment, check it appears in your MyTesla which takes only an hour or so during the day if all is well, and then youā€™re good to pay larger amounts. Hindsight is everything.

Itā€™s going to need manually matching to your RN which could take time.

The usual guidance is make a Ā£1 initial payment, check it appears in your MyTesla which takes only an hour or so during the day if all is well, and then youā€™re good to pay larger amounts. Hindsight is everything.

Indeed - I did exactly that when paying for my Model 3 in 2019. Tesla still has the same bank account so I didn't need to to that this time. The Reservation Number error was just my mistake - I kept seeing 3 of a certain digit when there were only 2 of them. No idea why. Still, Tesla assure me all will be well, I hope they are right!

I wouldn't bother , done a quote via the link...Ā£1500!, with Admiral. ( my current insurer) = Ā£600.....now let me think
Insurance makes no sense to me. I've always had the opposite with my Model 3 (crazy expensive from Admiral, "cheap" from Direct Line). Just got insurance in place for my Y collection on Monday and it generated a refund of Ā£50 with only 2 months left in the policy year. Intrigued as to what the renewal will be as it's Ā£650 at the moment.

Insurance makes no sense to me. I've always had the opposite with my Model 3 (crazy expensive from Admiral, "cheap" from Direct Line). Just got insurance in place for my Y collection on Monday and it generated a refund of Ā£50 with only 2 months left in the policy year. Intrigued as to what the renewal will be as it's Ā£650 at the moment.
It's a very well organised (and old) industry - motor insurance - just works.... makes no sense to the consumer though... Admiral is cheap for me; Direct Line is expensive...

Reactions: suresh.thomas@
Anyone collecting a MY, please let us know if itā€™s with a rear parcel shelf. Pictures for bonus points if it does.
Yes (from the FB group) - also includes granny charger
289448772_5144231252334055_7607252782301143054_n.jpg

what is the granny charger? From 3 pin plug I am guessing? lol
ā€œGrannyā€ charger is a colloquialism for the Tesla UMC or any other ā€œstandard plugā€ charging solution.

As standard in the UK it comes with a 3 pin plug, but other connections are available at extra cost. The UMC can charge at up to 7.2kW/32A with the appropriate modular power connector.

Last edited: