Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never got one with my Y that I collected the other week (new inventory that was originally delivered to the UK in Feb). Do you think if I contact Tesla and complain they will fit one for me or do I have to lump it and go for a 3rd party from Ali?
Probably have to lump it. I’m in the same boat, my car doesn’t have the lips needed to hold the shelf in place. Imagine yours will be the same, so it’s not just a case of getting a hold of the shelf itself.

Reactions: Toblerone
Probably have to lump it. I’m in the same boat, my car doesn’t have the lips needed to hold the shelf in place. Imagine yours will be the same, so it’s not just a case of getting a hold of the shelf itself.
You may well be able to source the replacement panels with lips and original shelf as parts from Tesla, depending on how troublesome the mouldings in the boot/trunk are to remove and refit.

I don’t think you’ll get too far with a complaint to Tesla; they’ll just say it was spec for that batch.

“Granny” charger is a colloquialism for the Tesla UMC or any other “standard plug” charging solution.

As standard in the UK it comes with a 3 pin plug, but other connections are available at extra cost. The UMC can charge at up to 7.2kW/32A with the appropriate modular power connector.

Can anyone confirm the exact length of the granny charger? Thinking whether need to buy an extension lead.

Can anyone confirm the exact length of the granny charger? Thinking whether need to buy an extension lead.

6 metres; approx 20 feet. Though bear in mind only 4 metres (approx 12 feet) is usable, as otherwise the cable would be stretched tight in mid-air....

Tough Leads do high quality extension leads, including weatherproof versions and ones with inbuilt RCD's and barrel connectors to put through small windows and letterboxes.

Just received a courtesy call from a Tesla rep confirming pick up details for this Saturday, going over a few details, and asking if I was EXCITED... a nice touch, but from the tone it felt like I was being welcomed into a cult (he literally used the line "welcome to joining the Tesla family").
31st March, don’t even know what quarter I’m getting the car, let alone what month 🙄
(I am) Excited yes, but very puzzled family member (yet to be) with all the ambiguities around shifting EDDs and other uncertainties covered in the forum(s)…I am hoping the ownership journey will be a great and smooth one

Just received a courtesy call from a Tesla rep confirming pick up details for this Saturday, going over a few details, and asking if I was EXCITED... a nice touch, but from the tone it felt like I was being welcomed into a cult (he literally used the line "welcome to joining the Tesla family").
Don't worry, they have a habit of keeping out of touch after delivery, especially if you have something wrong :)

See you at Stonehenge in December…..

Now that I’m in a mad dash to pay for the car, does anybody have any idea how long it takes for a Fast-Payment to appear on the Tesla Payments page? Sent a test £100, but will need to start on the big money.

Pretty quick. I paid off my balance yesterday at about 14:30. I checked my account just now and the payment has been applied to my account, despite me quoting the wrong reservation number on my bank transfer. Thankfully they made the connection after I called them. I felt it quite important to avoid my £56k paying for someone else’s Model Y :)

Nothing left to pay. Bring on 29/6.

This is where the 48 hours thing is.
I think this is pretty clear. Pay 7 days before as mentioned elsewhere, then send the proof to them within 48 hours. The clue is the full stop.

1) Wire transfer your final payment to Tesla. <--Full stop
2) Email your proof of payment.......at least 48 Hours before delivery.

Nothing about paying within 48 hours mentioned on the website, unless its somewhere else.

Now that I’m in a mad dash to pay for the car, does anybody have any idea how long it takes for a Fast-Payment to appear on the Tesla Payments page? Sent a test £100, but will need to start on the big money.
All my FPS payments didn't show until 24 hours later/ the business next day !

Think it must depend on your bank and how quickly Tesla update their system.

Reactions: SomeGuyWithaY
I think this is pretty clear. Pay 7 days before as mentioned elsewhere, then send the proof to them within 48 hours. The clue is the full stop.

1) Wire transfer your final payment to Tesla. <--Full stop
2) Email your proof of payment.......at least 48 Hours before delivery.

Nothing about paying within 48 hours mentioned on the website, unless its somewhere else.
You only need to send proof if you’re paying within 48hrs of collection. They could word it better. I’ve collected 3 so far and have paid around 14 days before. Never sent anything else and only needed Driving Licence on collection day.