Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly I think many, potentially most, people who have been clamouring for Tesla to supply a parcel shelf as standard with the Model Y will immediately remove it and complain it's not practical enough and Tesla should have done something else instead 😂

This is inevitable :)

One of the primary reasons I am switching from M3 to MY is that it’s better for transporting our dog, so I wasn’t bothered about not having a parcel shelf. I’m pretty sure it’ll be in the shed or attic for the duration of my ownership. I might use it when the dog isn’t in the car, if it makes things a little quieter. Will try it and see.

Reactions: Markee68 and Utumno
4 day shutdown of Shanghai after the quarter end is reported on Twitter.

It is to increase MY production capacity from ~1500 per day to ~2000 vehicles per day.

Roll-on Q3 deliveries for all of us still waiting!

Sounds like they’ll make the numbers back in a few days, even if it’s 2 weeks as reported elsewhere it should only increase the total Q3 potential (But perhaps mainly to the benefit of the local market in the last month). 🤞

Reactions: Toblerone
Sounds like they’ll make the numbers back in a few days, even if it’s 2 weeks as reported elsewhere it should only increase the total Q3 potential (But perhaps mainly to the benefit of the local market in the last month). 🤞

If it's 4 days shutdown, then 12 days at 2000 per day makes it back. If it's 2 weeks then that would be 1.5 months to make it back. The latter would put some current deliveries into Q4 for the European orders as the last month is domestic production. So let's hope it's the former rather than the latter 🤞

If it's 4 days shutdown, then 12 days at 2000 per day makes it back. If it's 2 weeks then that would be 1.5 months to make it back. The latter would put some current deliveries into Q4 for the European orders as the last month is domestic production. So let's hope it's the former rather than the latter 🤞
Just to add to this discussion, BBC Article:
BBC News - GF burning Money

A couple of nuances in here - it comes from an interview when Shanghai was only just out of lockdown and it looks like the future pause is only 4 days, not 2 weeks..

Reactions: Daedalus
Reactions: Utumno
Interesting, I wonder why they only gave me a collection slot of either 29/06 or 30/06... Big day for you tomorrow then :) - have a great day!
3rd Big day. My first M3 in Dec 19 was when they were collected from Stockport, then the second M3 was from the Debenhams side last December. Now it's the overflow car park the other side.
My assumption is your car will not be in the UK yet, it is currently on Morning peace which is moored in Barcelona, it will be arriving Southampton late on the 28th, transporting them up through the night of the 28th into early hours of the 29th as soon as they get unloaded.

Reactions: Jimmyc22
Just collected from Manchester, I surprised the wife who thought we just had drop something off and said we will take this one right here….

Looks great, only spotted tin small chip under rear passenger ppf, rep said they only put the ppf on when it’s in country which is great as long as they
don’t get a chip before hand.

Shipped s/w version was v11 (2022.11.101.5) - update going now but Wi-Fi connection as a bit poor outside even though phone connects super quick to our mesh Wi-Fi

Any idea how i change the max charging current though, car won’t budge beyond 16A and we have a 22kw 32amp 3 phase charger at home?

A34CBD04-C208-46E6-A3FA-269F237963FC.jpeg

1D05296D-1495-4481-88E5-54854C181337.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered mine on fathers day and got a EDD of December 4th to January 18th.
Realistically - its going to be in the new year judging by all the comments made in this thread.

What do people think?
An update:
For some reason it changed to November 20th (my birthday) got super excited.

But I fear as I’m fairly new to this process it’ll end up changing again right? Still early days I suppose!

Just collected from Manchester, I surprised the wife who thought we just had drop something off and said we will take this one right here….

Looks great, only spotted tin small chip under rear passenger ppf, rep said they only put the ppf on when it’s in country which is great as long as they
don’t get a chip before hand.

Shipped s/w version was v11 (2022.11.101.5) - update going now but Wi-Fi connection as a bit poor outside even though phone connects super quick to our mesh Wi-Fi

Any idea how i change the max charging current though, car won’t budge beyond 16A and we have a 22kw 32amp 3 phase charger at home?
Does it stay like that when you actually plug it in?