Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some suggestions earlier on in the week that the PPF can be 'repaired' on-the-spot, but with the rush-to-quarter end (I'm on 30th June!!!), and this 'new' Self-Service collection (has anyone experienced that yet??)... I suppose it's a matter of booking in a service (hopefully mobile service) on the App for the next weeks??....
I got mine replaced but was about 3-4 weeks after collection, and I had to go into the service centre. Not an issue though really, was in and out within the hour and now flawless.

I got told it gets applied at the docks in wind, rain or shine, so not surprising some of us are seeing bubbles and/or grit!

Question for folks with recent deliveries in the UK - do you see the Disney plus app with latest software update? I can’t see it but some forums suggest it’s available in the UK?

Absolutely loving the car so far and beyond PPF issues, no other build issues/panel gaps etc. seat belts keep hitting the plastics over the bumps so need some 3M tape magic over those.
Not there on mine - software 2022.11.102

Reactions: over_the_reef
A generic Q, sorry.

I ordered (Y,White,LR,Black Int, Gemini) in 21 March 2022 - EDD (then) was July 2022.

EDD on my account right now is August 25 - October 09.

I am between cars (expensive short term lease of a mild hybrid - bleurgh I am sooo spoilt - and such a let down after an MS and an M3).

Just today I pinged the text message number to ask for an update.

A few hours later my account moved to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" (order stats on API: "BOOKED", I think that is) - API checked).

So with an EDD in August (or later), and no VIN, should I send the deposit money?

I know they wouldn't be able to keep it if they never delviered the car, so I am not worried about that. Though I would rather have the money in my account (still sitting there waiting, not like it is actually going to get any real interest anyway) ... but if I can speed the delivery in some way (never going to beat June 30 2022 anyway) ...

Also: the order includes a tow hitch (from the order agreement) - I hadn't planned this (I must have missed it on the order!) ... and they had even sent me the "add a tow hitch to your order" text message recently - but why they would have sne tthhat to me since it is already on my order is another story ...

A2657FEE-233D-4B87-AB0D-0C65B0B59656.jpeg

Yeah Baby ! You're doing it right. That's one hell of a Solar set up. Nice one.

A generic Q, sorry.

I ordered (Y,White,LR,Black Int, Gemini) in 21 March 2022 - EDD (then) was July 2022.

EDD on my account right now is August 25 - October 09.

I am between cars (expensive short term lease of a mild hybrid - bleurgh I am sooo spoilt - and such a let down after an MS and an M3).

Just today I pinged the text message number to ask for an update.

A few hours later my account moved to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" (order stats on API: "BOOKED", I think that is) - API checked).

So with an EDD in August (or later), and no VIN, should I send the deposit money?

I know they wouldn't be able to keep it if they never delviered the car, so I am not worried about that. Though I would rather have the money in my account (still sitting there waiting, not like it is actually going to get any real interest anyway) ... but if I can speed the delivery in some way (never going to beat June 30 2022 anyway) ...

Also: the order includes a tow hitch (from the order agreement) - I hadn't planned this (I must have missed it on the order!) ... and they had even sent me the "add a tow hitch to your order" text message recently - but why they would have sne tthhat to me since it is already on my order is another story ...
Update on this ... I have just gone through my own original records ... and I never included the tow hitch in my orginal agreement! That "happened" on my account this morning!!!

And I mis-remembered when I sent the ping to the xxxxx543 text-only number ... that was yesterday (24 June) ... then on 25 June 11h38 they update my order to include the tow hitch (at an extra 1300 GBP on the order, getting extra stuff for extra money is 1 thing ... but I didn't order that!) ...

Maybe they have just matched me to a car and hoped I haven't noticed all this ...?

TBH I would probably take it if they offered delivery but this feels like very aggressive practice ...

Some suggestions earlier on in the week that the PPF can be 'repaired' on-the-spot, but with the rush-to-quarter end (I'm on 30th June!!!), and this 'new' Self-Service collection (has anyone experienced that yet??)... I suppose it's a matter of booking in a service (hopefully mobile service) on the App for the next weeks??....
Yes I asked whether the PPF could be replaced immediately before leaving, but no dice. Have scheduled service appointment which is no bother - the bubbles are OCD-level barely visible and it’s purely cosmetic.

Just waiting for the latest software to pop for install now I’m home and on WiFi!

Reactions: ean36t
Can anyone tell me if the Model Y LRs currently being delivered to us in UK still have radar, or has that been removed now? I think I read something about Tesla having switched to visual only, but then maybe reverting back to radar?
Doesn’t seem so. Tesla Vision all the way

• Disagree
Reactions: Moorman
Just sat on the Tesla Hub car park in Staines

* Turned up 90 minutes early. No trouble.
* Walk in, show drivers license.
* Sign an iPad
* Get given row number (4A in my case)
* Cars are parked close together, I had to squeeze in through the passenger side. I am a patented Fat Lad though, so YMMV
* Car prep was flawless except for 3 bubbles and trapped grit under the NSR PPF.
* UMC and Type 2 public cable present and correct.
* Parcel shelf present and correct.
* 51% charge 😀
* 6 miles on the odometer
* App linking worked flawlessly I had full app control of the car within 5 minutes of signing the iPad. Note I had to quit/restart the app to make it appear though.
* Car itself was similarly flawless. Build quality appears absolutely perfect after a 1h inspection. I’m not blaming China for the PPF.
* Staff friendly, helpful, plenty of them.
* There’s a toilet on-site which is clean and well maintained (SWMBO is disabled; this matters more than you’d think so thought I’d mention in case it helps others who might be anxious)

Had I not been over cautious on the collection checklist I could have been in and out in 10 minutes flat. As it was I got everything done in detail in 45 minutes.

Am now on my way home. Few pics follow!View attachment 820861View attachment 820862
View attachment 820863
Hi
Good review.
please can you tell me if your car comes with a red first aid / breakdown pack?
Got one with my Model 3 and am considering keeping hold of it when I trade in.
Thanks

Can anyone tell me if the Model Y LRs currently being delivered to us in UK still have radar, or has that been removed now? I think I read something about Tesla having switched to visual only, but then maybe reverting back to radar?
The radar is still there it seems, RsymonsEV has a YouTube video where he replaces the front bumper and they had a look for the sensor. There was some noise that the EU want to mandate intelligent speed and automated braking, and that such systems would be required to have a radar and not just be camera based, but probably all internet conjecture.

Reactions: Pete UK
So I'd like to chime in here with my recent experience. My EDD just changed to 25-30 June from Aug - Oct.

I spoke with Tesla to see if there was any chance of collecting this q (any cancellation etc) as I had already paid up my pcp deposit when my EDD was June and had sold my car privately so in between cars. I had also mentioned I could be flexible to travel to help with the quarter end and to my surprise I was asked if Southampton was do able instead of Staines and if I can do the 30th. I was surprised at this as I had previously been told next Q and no chance of a June delivery regardless of cancellations.

I've not had a chance to check for vin yet or had a text to confirm delivery so might be tempting fate with the EDD potentially moving again. However thought I'd share my experience.
Follow up - I've had the text with the reg and pick up scheduled for Monday at Southampton! Original EDD met after all and seems I can finally get off this roller-coaster journey.

Anyone else in a similar situation, I'd say it is certainly worth a shot to let them know you can be flexible and fully pay up (if funds allow) but as always YMMV.

Does anyone thing that, apart from the colour/spec MY you ordered, the location in the country also has an impact on dates? All these posts seem to be “south”; what hope do I have being in Glasgow!
Don’t fret, I picked up mine from Glasgow yesterday. Plenty of other new owners there and two full transporters arrived when I was there. Staff were great too, so just keep looking forward to that collection day.

At first glance I actually thought that was my reg plate on the wrong coloured car! A little M and W mix up! 😂

I wonder if mine is already in the SC already... Picking up a grey on Tuesday. 🤗

It seems Glasgow is the furthest north pickup if you are heading past Dundee?!
Think it is, all other options were South. I live in Dundee but home chargers not been installed yet so will be sc for the next few weeks or pod points at the office in Edinburgh 😁

I took delivery of my Model Y on the 22nd.

Tesla Glasgow delivered to my house in Dunfermline so had to do the check over in my drive 😂

Overall everything was great except the PPF, a few bubbles and grit. Booked in for a service appointment in Edinburgh already, hopefully fixed next week.

Car arrived with over 50% battery.

Something I have noted though is ride quality is significantly better than when I test drove the Y in Glasgow on the 20s, I have the 19s. The wife was adamant I had optioned an upgrade for the suspension when she drove cos it was so different.

I was under the impression the difference between 20s and 19s was minor?

Our other car just now is BMW X3 m40i with adaptive suspension. My Y is on par with that, if not a little better on pot holes and such.

Something I have noted though is ride quality is significantly better than when I test drove the Y in Glasgow on the 20s, I have the 19s. The wife was adamant I had optioned an upgrade for the suspension when she drove cos it was so different.

Our other car just now is BMW X3 m40i with adaptive suspension. My Y is on par with that, if not a little better on pot holes and such.

TeslaBjorn is suggesting on some of his recent YouTube videos that he thinks the MIG performance Y he's recently borrowed has much improved suspension over the earlier MIC long range cars even on 21s. Hopefully these are real improvements and they've made their way to the MIC LR cars too now - or even were on the MIC cars at the same time/first but it's just that he's not had reason to test a new MIC car recently, so detected it first on MIG.

I took delivery of my Model Y on the 22nd.

Tesla Glasgow delivered to my house in Dunfermline so had to do the check over in my drive 😂

Overall everything was great except the PPF, a few bubbles and grit. Booked in for a service appointment in Edinburgh already, hopefully fixed next week.

Car arrived with over 50% battery.

Our other car just now is BMW X3 m40i with adaptive suspension. My Y is on par with that, if not a little better on pot holes and such
Good to hear, can anyone else confirm the ride quality on the 20’s? I test drove both and felt very little difference