Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies I replied, didn't mean to quote. I'm sure no one finds the allocation of cars in this manner amusing.

However the car does look good
It does indeed, I like the blue with the inductions.

Admittedly, I am having a bit of a tantrum but it's not the only person I've seen with the exact same spec who's ordered after me but already has a collection date, it's just frustrating, especially since I don't have a car at the moment. The fact Tesla were also dangling the carrot with "get it 2 months earlier" if we added inductions makes it even worse.

Reactions: Bondminime
It does indeed, I like the blue with the inductions.

Admittedly, I am having a bit of a tantrum but it's not the only person I've seen with the exact same spec who's ordered after me but already has a collection date, it's just frustrating, especially since I don't have a car at the moment. The fact Tesla were also dangling the carrot with "get it 2 months earlier" if we added inductions makes it even worse.

Believe me , I feel your pain. I ordered mid March, lease company took an extra week. Expected this month, then July (no idea how). Still July and no update.

There are a few people having the same tantrums, including me 😉

Reactions: beasty54
Believe me , I feel your pain. I ordered mid March, lease company took an extra week. Expected this month, then July (no idea how). Still July and no update.

There are a few people having the same tantrums, including me 😉
Trying to work out Teslas order allocation process... I don't think even Einstein would be able to figure it out!

I've mentioned this before but in my case the reason for my delay if because Tesla Enterprise team in their infinite wisdom decided that they think it was best to set my match date from the 1st of July even though order placed mid March. Many others are likely in the same boat.

The roller coaster continues!

Reactions: MrMoonUK
Yeah, the rimetrixs. Very easy to fit. They definitely look better than the standard Gemini covers, but not as good as the inductions though imho. But I went with the 19" due to concerns about the ride quality, but it's totally flipping fine. Tbh am not sure what all the fuss is about. Not looked at the tire pressure at all yet. If I saw a bargain set of 2nd hand inductions I might be tempted in the future.

I also added AB (Ssssh!!!) as soon as I got home 🙂🚀🚀🚀
Did you order direct from Rimetrix.com or have you got a UK based source?

Trying to work out Teslas order allocation process

Seems to me that a common complaint here is "Other User has exactly the same options as me but I ordered first".

Whereas actually there will be a lot more factors than Model, Colour, Trim, Wheels. Including EAP / FSD, Payment method, Collection location and Customer Profile, Trade-in (None, Tesla, Non-Tesla)

Payment method may include that the Finance company will not reliably pay promptly - so Tesla cannot convert Sale to "Within Quarter" if a last minute handover, so if end-of-quarter then punters using those finance companies are fresh out of luck. Or "Slow at doing initial paperwork for new sale" so you are already behind others who ordered on the the same date.

I'm surprised how many declined-collections there appear to have been this month - the number of people who were given collections later than the bulk, and all of them for "Midnight on 30-June" :). I would have thought everyone allocated (this quarter specifically) would have found a way to collect - there is a lengthy scheduled shutdown in China before next delivery, so likely reduced numbers next quarter too ... My hypothesis is that Finance companies have bulk ordered and don't have orders-to-match. So if that is significant it definitely gets in the way of allocation, because that "news" arrives at Tesla quite late in the quarter and Tesla are now choosing "lucky" punters based on an algorithm of ability to collect late; "finance is doable" must be key at that point (no idea who that rules in / out, but definitely rules out several combinations)

Collection location depends on how many cars they are geared up to hand over at that site, how many transporters they have available, how far they have to travel (fewer cars deliverable to Edinburgh than closer to docks), staff available, and so on. And where a car matching your spec is on the boat ... if it is at the back what is the logistics of getting a (later) transporter to your location, will the handover location have space, and enough staff / collection timeslots? if not then transport it somewhere else and favour someone else.

Whereas (as I understand it) VW et al will just put you in a slot in the production queue where your car will be built alongside everyone else, all options / colours flowing down the line with clever just-in-time arrival and allocation of the necessary "bits", and then it will arrive at your VW dealer, and sit there until your finance is all sorted out and your busy schedule enables a handover to occur. Sitting there not converting to cash for a variable amount of time - which may well span end-of-quarter. Good or Bad that's not the Tesla-way.

I ordered my MYLR on June 12th. All pré-delivery steps complete and I was being told December - January for delivery. I’ve had it brought forward to September 20 - November 4.

Interested to know if anyone else has a similar EDD? I’m picking up from Manchester as they don’t delivery to my address in Leeds.

Seems to me that a common complaint here is "Other User has exactly the same options as me but I ordered first".

Whereas actually there will be a lot more factors than Model, Colour, Trim, Wheels. Including EAP / FSD, Payment method, Collection location and Customer Profile, Trade-in (None, Tesla, Non-Tesla)

Payment method may include that the Finance company will not reliably pay promptly - so Tesla cannot convert Sale to "Within Quarter" if a last minute handover, so if end-of-quarter then punters using those finance companies are fresh out of luck. Or "Slow at doing initial paperwork for new sale" so you are already behind others who ordered on the the same date.

I'm surprised how many declined-collections there appear to have been this month - the number of people who were given collections later than the bulk, and all of them for "Midnight on 30-June" :). I would have thought everyone allocated (this quarter specifically) would have found a way to collect - there is a lengthy scheduled shutdown in China before next delivery, so likely reduced numbers next quarter too ... My hypothesis is that Finance companies have bulk ordered and don't have orders-to-match. So if that is significant it definitely gets in the way of allocation, because that "news" arrives at Tesla quite late in the quarter and Tesla are now choosing "lucky" punters based on an algorithm of ability to collect late; "finance is doable" must be key at that point (no idea who that rules in / out, but definitely rules out several combinations)

Collection location depends on how many cars they are geared up to hand over at that site, how many transporters they have available, how far they have to travel (fewer cars deliverable to Edinburgh than closer to docks), staff available, and so on. And where a car matching your spec is on the boat ... if it is at the back what is the logistics of getting a (later) transporter to your location, will the handover location have space, and enough staff / collection timeslots? if not then transport it somewhere else and favour someone else.

Whereas (as I understand it) VW et al will just put you in a slot in the production queue where your car will be built alongside everyone else, all options / colours flowing down the line with clever just-in-time arrival and allocation of the necessary "bits", and then it will arrive at your VW dealer, and sit there until your finance is all sorted out and your busy schedule enables a handover to occur. Sitting there not converting to cash for a variable amount of time - which may well span end-of-quarter. Good or Bad that's not the Tesla-way.
Finance has nothing to do with it, if you are an approved Tesla leaseco tesla don’t care. Anyone with bulk orders can sell the cars 10x over.

If you use non-Tesla finance they get paid anyway, as far as Tesla know you are a cash customer. If it’s Tesla finance they know they are getting paid, it’s all invoice finance anyway

The problem is Tesla crappy system for allocations which is basically RNG

I ordered my MYLR on June 12th. All pré-delivery steps complete and I was being told December - January for delivery. I’ve had it brought forward to September 20 - November 4.

Interested to know if anyone else has a similar EDD? I’m picking up from Manchester as they don’t delivery to my address in Leeds.
Hi what Spec did you order? I ordered mine the week before you and still have a December date. My nearest delivery centre is bluewater Kent

Hi what Spec did you order? I ordered mine the week before you and still have a December date. My nearest delivery centre is bluewater Kent
LR, Pearl White (getting it wrapped), 20” wheels, black interior.

I’ve ordered mine through my LTD company.

The difference in date might be the delivery center? What payment method have you used? I’ve seen some chatter about how that might affect it too but I’m not too sure.

I concur, even after under 100 miles.

The Y we have does not crash and does not thump even over awful rural Oxfordshire roads. It feels expensively damped and far better that the Y I test drove.
Can anyone who got a June delivery with the inductions confirm if ride quality has improved? Loads of talk around the suspension being improved but looks like April deliveries may not have had the improvements 🤔

Reactions: phoenixcat