Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for an Anderson A2. Definitely not a cheap option (my limited company paid so was less worried about the cost than if it were a personal purchase) but wanted something that would look nice on a converted stable. Also wanted to be able to conceal the cable when not in use and there didn't seem to be many that offered that option.

Also, there wasn't a wait for installation - happened in about a week after order, I think.

It does look really nice, though the winding of the cable does mean there's a slight gap between the bulk of the unit and the wooden front, which isn't obvious from pictures on the website.

Can't vouch for how well it performs as I won't be having a car for a while :(
Thanks for sharing, I did see the Anderson and I think its probably the nicest looking of them all but quite expensive. Might give it another look

Went with a Zappi as we wanted one with some form of integrated cable management. App is fairly good as well. Probably would’ve gone for the Andersen myself if money was no object and I did look at the Hypervolt, but I couldn’t get an installer to come back to me at the time.

I need to get my rainwater fittings painted…

View attachment 822997
Looks smart. Get them pained the same colour as the charger :)

Thanks for sharing, I did see the Anderson and I think its probably the nicest looking of them all but quite expensive. Might give it another look
Zappi2 here as best integration I think with solar+batteries, pushes excess to EV charging rather than to the grid for peanuts! All I need now is the car………..meanwhile grid is getting some cheap kW!

Reactions: Toblerone
Three years ago I went with a 32-amp commando socket (suitably protected by type-b RCD and PEN fault detection) and an Ohme 32-amp EVSE to charge my Kona Electric.

Being a dumb socket, I can also use it for non-EV things like a MIG welder or a kiln!

With the Model Y arriving today, I’m going to order the 32-amp module for the Tesla UMC so I have a backup option should the Ohme ever fail.

I had my Hypervolt installed this morning. I'm a few months out from testing it on a car, but it looks nice and you can make the lights flash. 😂

This has been fitted on the side of our house, so less worried about cable runs and storage.

IMG_3591.jpg

So a bit of an insight from the leasing perspective…

If allocated a car via “the list” leasing company could accept it but will essentially be re financed at todays interests rates. Therefore my order from April would increase not just due to spec change (diff colour for example) but also interest rate increase. This may also in fact be dropping the current order number so a chance Tesla might invoice at the new OTR costs. So triple whammy increase…

Alternatively my leasing company has base spec MYs available now (presume taken in most recent deliveries but not allocated yet) that I could switch to but again for an increased rate. Equates to about £3k over the 3yr lease agreement to get the car a couple of months early - assuming Sept date happens! Also a chance Sept delivery would be on a 72 plate.

Think I’ll wait although very tempting! 😬

I had my Hypervolt installed this morning. I'm a few months out from testing it on a car, but it looks nice and you can make the lights flash. 😂

This has been fitted on the side of our house, so less worried about cable runs and storage.

View attachment 822998
Funny thing is id probably turn it off, it'll be a magnet to the scoundrels of the neighbourhood to come and have a look or maybe do worse!! Can you turn it off completely? Assuming this supports solar panels aswell?

It's arrived, will take some photos later.

In my short drive to train station and back again two things stood out.

Ride is less firm than my lexus NX, which was a nice surprise

The interior mirror feels like something from a toy. Squeeky cheap nasty plastic.

Love it already. Off for a proper drive in a min down a38 to give it the beans
With you on mirror…but wait until you get to the sun visors 😂

Most of the lower touchpoints are fine, but those 2 areas stood out as particularly cheap feeling to me coming out of another “luxury” car.

Reactions: Jaydeeuk1
Funny thing is id probably turn it off, it'll be a magnet to the scoundrels of the neighbourhood to come and have a look or maybe do worse!! Can you turn it off completely? Assuming this supports solar panels aswell?
Haven’t had a deep dive but you can choose “no effects” and then the brightness all the way down so it won’t be noticeable. You can also lock it so it won’t allow a car to charge when connected.

Reactions: BATMOBILE786
The interior mirror feels like something from a toy. Squeeky cheap nasty plastic.
FYI I’ve seen multiple reports of a rigid plastic sleeve around the interior mirror that the staff frequently forgets to remove on delivery.
The interior mirror should be frameless, so worth checking if you’re not referring to the protection case here! (But don’t go breaking anything 😀)

Reactions: ST79 and Jaydeeuk1
Just had mine delivered by a Go Zero driver.

Gotta say - looks perfect, one piece of PPF needs some work (should be able to do this myself), and there are some rattles (although this could be the childseat I've put in already!).

The car is still in "Delivery mode" - so waiting for it to appear in the account. One random question - my trip counters (A and B) are in Chinese - has anyone else had this?

Just had mine delivered by a Go Zero driver.

Gotta say - looks perfect, one piece of PPF needs some work (should be able to do this myself), and there are some rattles (although this could be the childseat I've put in already!).

The car is still in "Delivery mode" - so waiting for it to appear in the account. One random question - my trip counters (A and B) are in Chinese - has anyone else had this?
We had the Chinese trip counter labels as well when we collected yesterday. I renamed both to just A and B.

Reactions: ElectricPolice