Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's arrived, will take some photos later.

In my short drive to train station and back again two things stood out.

Ride is less firm than my lexus NX, which was a nice surprise

The interior mirror feels like something from a toy. Squeeky cheap nasty plastic.

Love it already. Off for a proper drive in a min down a38 to give it the beans
That squeaky cheap nasty plastic surrounding the rear view mirror is packing safety material 😀 Just pop it off, it comes away easily and you’re left with a high quality nice frameless rear view mirror.

FYI I’ve seen multiple reports of a rigid plastic sleeve around the interior mirror that the staff frequently forgets to remove on delivery.
The interior mirror should be frameless, so worth checking if you’re not referring to the protection case here! (But don’t go breaking anything 😀)
I think you right, there's a plastic frame thing around it. Just back from a longer drive, the acceleration is so addictive, complete polar opposite to the cvt in the NX. 3 year old fell asleep, so ride passes the child test.

Having issues trying to add wife and her phone as a driver, as in there's no add driver option on security as per instructions on my app, so off to do some googling before I admit defeat and start a thread on here.

Turned up 2 hours early for my 2pm collection from Bluewater and they were happy to let me collect. Car seems perfect apart from a small bubble on ppf.
I found the parcel shelf is next to useless as it gets in the way of getting stuff in the boot so that has gone already. Tyres were at 46psi so I’ve lowered to 42.
The included mats feel very cheap so I’m going to order some all weather ones.
Car feels so different so any other car I’ve owned so it’s going to take a while to get used to.
On the way home some punk in an mx5 started reviving his engine next to me at the lights so I blew him away. I hope this doesn’t happen too much as I have no self control!

A88E1567-D1EC-4F97-9B64-4B7F8F0C8055.jpeg
5D411030-F0B5-4923-820D-09A15AB0E34B.jpeg

Turned up 2 hours early for my 2pm collection from Bluewater and they were happy to let me collect. Car seems perfect apart from a small bubble on ppf.
I found the parcel shelf is next to useless as it gets in the way of getting stuff in the boot so that has gone already. Tyres were at 46psi so I’ve lowered to 42.
The included mats feel very cheap so I’m going to order some all weather ones.
Car feels so different so any other car I’ve owned so it’s going to take a while to get used to.
On the way home some punk in an mx5 started reviving his engine next to me at the lights so I blew him away. I hope this doesn’t happen too much as I have no self control!

View attachment 823061View attachment 823063
Looks beautiful!
Was it quite busy there? how was the overall collection experience?

Looks beautiful!
Was it quite busy there? how was the overall collection experience?
Collection experience was pretty simple. Just show the guy at the counter your driving license, sign your name and then go find your car! There were some free bottles of water and stroopwaffles so Tesla really went all out to make it a special experience for the customers 😂
There was one other person collecting their car, apart from that it was empty. The car had been “washed” before I got there as there was some residue on the paintwork but no swirls marks so they didn’t try very hard!
The car park is quite dark and the cars are parked quite close but there is an outside bit you can drive to to properly inspect the car in.

• Informative
Reactions: nscar
I'm sure everyone is already aware but just for the benefit of those who are still holding out hope of a miracle July delivery...

Spoke with Tesla on the phone this afternoon who confirmed to me that they are not expecting another shipment until mid-August at the earliest. Recommended I call back at the start of August and get an update then.

Ugh.

• Informative
Reactions: nscar
I think you right, there's a plastic frame thing around it. Just back from a longer drive, the acceleration is so addictive, complete polar opposite to the cvt in the NX. 3 year old fell asleep, so ride passes the child test.

Having issues trying to add wife and her phone as a driver, as in there's no add driver option on security as per instructions on my app, so off to do some googling before I admit defeat and start a thread on here.
I couldn't get the "Add Driver" to work either, so I just logged the wife in on my Tesla account on her phone. Her phone then operates as her own independent phone key and can be attached to an in-car profile.

This works well for us, so "Add Driver" can get in the sea (plus it means that when SWMBO is Supercharging, it just works and goes to my payment method)

Reactions: Jaydeeuk1
Does anyone have a cherished number plate? Will Tesla put it on for you before delivery? Getting ready for September collection now, so have plenty of time to inform Tesla of my cherished number plate.
Tesla will not put a cherished plate on for delivery. You must do it yourself once you get the V5 after you take delivery.

Reactions: oneear
Well, demo cars are also speed limited to 84mph, do you want to put up with that if purchasing one? :D

Joke aside, I get the point, but as it's purely software, it would be extremely easy for them to remove FSD when putting an ex-demo on sale. If a buyer really does want it, they can always purchase it in two clicks afterwards, hence my 'forced sale' stance.
This would be of course different if there was any factory fitted hardware, but we know this isn't the case, so this comes up to me as a 'bundled sale', a somewhat questionable practice...

I can absolutely respect your position here.

Has anyone ever actually removed FSD from a vehicle, or removed EAP even? I simply assumed that these software upgrades were unremoveable once added as I’ve never heard of them being removed from the vehicle after purchase.

To answer this. Today, Tesla listed an Ex-demo with FSD, then listed after without. So they do remove the software to get a sale. Cheeky Cheeky.
Screenshot 2022-06-30 171341.png
Screenshot 2022-06-30 171350.png

I couldn't get the "Add Driver" to work either, so I just logged the wife in on my Tesla account on her phone. Her phone then operates as her own independent phone key and can be attached to an in-car profile.

This works well for us, so "Add Driver" can get in the sea (plus it means that when SWMBO is Supercharging, it just works and goes to my payment method)
Cheers, that's what we ended up doing.

Interior mirror is better now I've taken the plastic stuff off!

Reactions: WllXM