Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up Trafford Centre, Manchester.. super service. Small bubble in PPF booked in with Stockport as couldn't be done there and then..

Lots of happy folk collecting today..

Must admit impressed with the build quality, drive more than decent but the standout is the tech..

Worth waiting for sure..

View attachment 823072
Can’t quite see the plate but think that was our white one in the middle.

I totally agree, I’m thoroughly impressed with the build quality. It is spot on. I too have a bubble in the ppf but other than that. Quality.

Drives so well. Jealous of the fit vs my older model s. This is for my wife and she’s over the moon.

Parcel shelf is coming straight out. Ride is perfectly good! Not harsh at all to me. Honestly I don’t see what the fuss is about. I couldn’t resist flooring it and quite honestly it’s a bit skittish on its suspension at high speed. I wouldn’t want it any softer to be honest.

Can’t quite see the plate but think that was our white one in the middle.

I totally agree, I’m thoroughly impressed with the build quality. It is spot on. I too have a bubble in the ppf but other than that. Quality.

Drives so well. Jealous of the fit vs my older model s. This is for my wife and she’s over the moon.

Parcel shelf is coming straight out. Ride is perfectly good! Not harsh at all to me. Honestly I don’t see what the fuss is about. I couldn’t resist flooring it and quite honestly it’s a bit skittish on its suspension at high speed. I wouldn’t want it any softer to be honest.
You on the 20s?

So, do you reckon those getting their MY in the next quarter will have spec changes akin to what is being produced in Germany e.g. slightly softer suspension, softer door panels, softer boot closing mechanism etc?
The only thing I don’t feel like I’ve got in this Q’s car is the carpeted C seating paneL in the rear seat. And frankly that is an absolute non-issue for me.

Notes on collection today from Bristol.

Turned up 30 minutes late and was given free acceleration boost as a thank you.*

Spent a good hour going through the collection checklist. Driver’s vanity mirror has a small scratch, which I would never have found without the list as I’ve never used a vanity mirror before. Decided I could live with this one because the build quality otherwise seems perfect

Tyre pressures were 44,44,44,43. I find it surprising that a manufacturer doesn’t set them at their specified pressure, guessing it makes a big difference to handling.

Found sports steering mode is best for me. I thought “comfort” felt twitchy - possibly related to tyre pressures.

The front bumper appears to have PPF, but almost invisible. I found an edge my fingernail could feel by opening the frunk.

* this paragraph was untrue. I’m testing plausible lies to try on MrsHobbit, who does not understand the true value of the family bus being faster off the blocks than your mate’s sportscar.

Notes on collection today from Bristol.

Turned up 30 minutes late and was given free acceleration boost as a thank you.*

Spent a good hour going through the collection checklist. Driver’s vanity mirror has a small scratch, which I would never have found without the list as I’ve never used a vanity mirror before. Decided I could live with this one because the build quality otherwise seems perfect

Tyre pressures were 44,44,44,43. I find it surprising that a manufacturer doesn’t set them at their specified pressure, guessing it makes a big difference to handling.

Found sports steering mode is best for me. I thought “comfort” felt twitchy - possibly related to tyre pressures.

The front bumper appears to have PPF, but almost invisible. I found an edge my fingernail could feel by opening the frunk.

* this paragraph was untrue. I’m testing plausible lies to try on MrsHobbit, who does not understand the true value of the family bus being faster off the blocks than your mate’s sportscar.
you had me for a second 😂

She’s very happy. Still getting used to it despite us having a model s.

As I said before, build is exceptional. Car feels very tight. No issues, suspension is easily fine for us, despite 46psi delivery pressure.

SOC was 48%. 100% is estimated 330 miles.

Screen did freeze once when I was faffing with my profile. Bubble in ppf, otherwise what a joy to drive and be a passenger in.

Hope everyone is enjoying theirs just as much.

Ps just took the shelf out 🤣

IMG_2022-6-30-192617.jpg

Car delivered yesterday and generally very happy. Car arrived on a nice covered trailer and was almost perfect. There is however the remains of what looks like a massive bird sh*t that seems to have etched into the clear coat. Not quite sure what to do about that.
Parcel shelf not as bad as I thought and it does fold almost fully away once you slide it down the back of the seats.
Im sure it feels softer than my test drive and not as twitchy like the steering is a little slower, defo not got the new struts for the trunk, it slams shut pretty hard in a very non German way.

OMG is that said “rigid plastic” - any chance you could take a few more pics from different angles of the rigid plastic? - what are chances of mine coming with the rigid plastic if my order arrives in August? and will the white interior have the same rigid plastic? - ps i heard a rumour that the MIG cars have ridgider rigid plastic than the MiC cars, could this be true?

thanks!

Tesla called to say they can’t deliver today. Currently on a train to collect from Southampton!
Tesla agreed to refund my train journey given the missed delivery.

Arrived at Southampton Port around 6:30pm and had the car within 20 minutes. Checked everything and found no faults.

Now parked-up at home behind the other EV, also in white!

14C86914-EC4D-4A9C-860D-C11555E519C8.jpeg

I've just got back after taking the kids out for a spin and dazzling them with the light show, the youth of today are seriously spoilt! They've declared it the best car they've ever been in which when you compare it with a 14 plate Kia and a Golf I guess it's not saying much.

Anyway, the good stuff from today:

- As a Tesla newbie the collection experience was a novelty and also really slick. Arriving in Staines, with planes flying in to Heathrow above, it felt like I was collecting my rental car on holiday.
- The attentiveness when I found faults (more on that in a second) was reassuring, they seemed to take everything seriously. I get the impression that might not have been the case if I was one of the 50 people booked in at 2pm however!
- Once the callibration was complete the trip back around the M25, with a brief stop at South Mimms for a charge, was effortless. I travel a lot with work, normally by train as it's usually not as knackering, however I can see me using the MY for work journeys from now on.

And the not so great stuff:

- There were some minor scratches in 4 places around the car
- The screws in the mud flaps were missing, easily fixable I'm guessing
- The rear screen had some odd scorch type markings along the bottom - image below. The team tried various cleaning products to try and remove it however they seemed a bit perplexed and said they'd never really seen anything like that before. They confirmed that if a service centre can't resolve then they will replace the glass. At this point I thought about declining the car however knowing that there'd be a 3 month wait and I'd taken a day out to collect it I thought the mechanics would likely be sound so it's still worth keeping.
- On the mechanics I noticed a slight vibration of the steering wheel at 65mph+ nothing earth shattering but enough to notice. I've noted it on the service report and will see what they say. I'll do some proper research in a bit however has anyone else experienced similar? I'm on 20s.

I've got a service request scheduled for a couple of weeks, which is frustrating as I wanted to get the ceramic coated sorted ASAP, especially as the black really shows the finger prints around the door.

unnamed.jpeg

Congratulations everyone and thanks for sharing your experience. Reading & enjoying the comments as well as feeling happy as if my own D day - perhaps one of many other benefits of following TMC - very therapeutical given the circumstances ☺️

Now, for us who missed the boat this time around for one reason or another with initial EDDs around May and hoping some sort of activity in mid/late Q3, is it safe to assume month of July would continue to be a silent one?