Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Little update: so after getting added to “the list” on Monday, offered a car on Tuesday, I collected yesterday from Southampton.

Whole experience was so straightforward, although for some reason my car didn’t have a licence plate (mine was the only one), easy enough they came and fitted it within a couple of minutes.

Ok so the big worry for me going into this was the ride quality… really not anything I needed to worry about. I personally really like the ride, it’s not pillow soft like a Q7, but it’s a fast car and feels great around corners. I’m coming from a ‘21 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline and the ride on that is probably softer, but honestly I much prefer the firmer ride of the Y. Some of the roads commute on are dreadful and the Y seems to just glide at higher speeds.

Really impressed With everything about the car so far, although did experience a bit of phantom breaking which is disappointing. Also my first supercharger experience wasn’t great, randomly stopped charging after five minutes so had to disconnect and reconnect.

Little update: so after getting added to “the list” on Monday, offered a car on Tuesday, I collected yesterday from Southampton.

Whole experience was so straightforward, although for some reason my car didn’t have a licence plate (mine was the only one), easy enough they came and fitted it within a couple of minutes.

Ok so the big worry for me going into this was the ride quality… really not anything I needed to worry about. I personally really like the ride, it’s not pillow soft like a Q7, but it’s a fast car and feels great around corners. I’m coming from a ‘21 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline and the ride on that is probably softer, but honestly I much prefer the firmer ride of the Y. Some of the roads commute on are dreadful and the Y seems to just glide at higher speeds.

Really impressed With everything about the car so far, although did experience a bit of phantom breaking which is disappointing. Also my first supercharger experience wasn’t great, randomly stopped charging after five minutes so had to disconnect and reconnect.
Good to hear and congrats on getting one this Quarter

Reactions: Andaroooooo
My other half collected a Model Y LR Company Car from Birmingham NEC yesterday (Red, Black Interior, 19 Gemini). She said the handover was pretty much 'sign here', 'here's your key, enjoy'. Having never driven or even sat in a Model Y we're both really impressed so far, the quality of finish seems really good throughout, although there are clearly bubbles under the PPF on the rear lower doors. The car was nice and clean and no obvious signs of poor washing. The rear view mirror had the ugly protective trim surround (now removed), thanks to whoever flagged this previously. Looking forward to getting out and about over the weekend. To those who didn't secure a Q2 delivery, hang in there, it'll be worth the wait in the long run.

I am impressed by the power of the “list”, yet still not very clear what exactly it is for, how it works, pros & cons and crucially whether it is timing dependant - far too late to consider or not…would be nice to have in mind for Q3, just in case.

Reactions: Markee68
Anyone else's EDD just narrowed? I have gone from 11 Sept- some time mid Oct to 5-30 Sept. Ordered 24 April entry level spec. I know that EDD's need to be taken with a pinch of salt but the latest update appears to be more realistic in terms of not straddling 2 different quarters

Same spec and ordered the same time but still on Aug 29th -> Oct 13th. I haven’t had any date on the mobile app for a few days but the web one is static.

Reactions: Toblerone
Anyone else's EDD just narrowed? I have gone from 11 Sept- some time mid Oct to 5-30 Sept. Ordered 24 April entry level spec. I know that EDD's need to be taken with a pinch of salt but the latest update appears to be more realistic in terms of not straddling 2 different quarters
Moved forward literally one day. Only noticed because of your post! 😂

Another signature update it is…

Good morning everyone, I guess it's the start of a new quarter and the new need for intel to manage our expectations of when new deliveries will be made. Does anyone have any idea when a fresh supply may start turning up please? I guess on the Y's in the list we are upto second half of March and April orders to be fullfilled next? or are many others still waiting from March and befoe orders?

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, I guess it's the start of a new quarter and the new need for intel to manage our expectations of when new deliveries will be made. Does anyone have any idea when a fresh supply may start turning up please? I guess on the Y's in the list we are upto second half of March and April orders to be fullfilled next? or are many others still waiting from March and befoe orders?
The interminable question! The considered wisdom is to expect deliveries in the last month of the quarter. For those of us still with EDDs instead of a set of key cards, that means Q3 - September or Q4 - December. Certainly ignore month 1 (July/October) and there will be some late in month 2 (August/November) - but they will be the exceptions. Suggest follow the Shipping 2022 thread; first departure Shanghai anticipated week 3 July to arrive Southampton 30 days later (ish) - week 3 August - to then be distributed to hubs. Lots of caveats but that is the normal pattern.

Feb order still waiting, all dates aspirational at present till a VIN appears…….

Feb order still waiting, all dates aspirational at present till a VIN appears…….
I assume this is Feb order directly with Tesla excluding third party delays etc - if that is the case Q3 deliveries are really going to be interesting…

I heard that there is a “Auto match” shown in order accounts which makes me think what the other alternative could be…

Reactions: ElsDee
Collected yesterday from Southampton. The nearly an hour queue was a bit annoying, but worth it in the end. Really pleased with the car. No faults found, build quality is good. Looking forward to the fuel saving from no longer dailying my RS6 and keeping that for when I really want to have fun. Burt the Y is no slouch and in a blind and deafened test, you really wouldnt be able to feel much between them. Which really is testament to the 100% torque the Y delivers as soon as you want to go.
What a stunning couple of cars to have on your driveway! 😍

Reactions: Bondminime
Day 3 of my MY ownership and I remain impressed with the step up in quality over my 2019 M3. It’s much, much better all round. Any ride quality or noise concerns I had are completely nullified - it rides smoothly and quietly.

Glad I spotted the post here advising removal of the plastic surround on the rear view mirror, I’d never have spotted that!

I do have one question - do Tesla now include a USB drive as standard for dashcam / sentry? And if so, where is it located? Damned if I can find it.

Reactions: Toblerone