Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have one question - do Tesla now include a USB drive as standard for dashcam / sentry? And if so, where is it located? Damned if I can find it.
It should have one. Ours was already installed in the glovebox at collection. It is plugged in on the top at front left (from memory). It is this:

Day 3 of my MY ownership and I remain impressed with the step up in quality over my 2019 M3. It’s much, much better all round. Any ride quality or noise concerns I had are completely nullified - it rides smoothly and quietly.

Glad I spotted the post here advising removal of the plastic surround on the rear view mirror, I’d never have spotted that!

I do have one question - do Tesla now include a USB drive as standard for dashcam / sentry? And if so, where is it located? Damned if I can find it.
It's in the glovebox to the side and back 👍🏻

I assume this is Feb order directly with Tesla excluding third party delays etc - if that is the case Q3 deliveries are really going to be interesting…

I heard that there is a “Auto match” shown in order accounts which makes me think what the other alternative could be…
Yes me direct with Tesla on web, cash, no PX, no third parties. The vanilla car purchase, been on “the list” for wks, cash earning interest after sold existing car. Spent the last few months watching same specs ordered later being allocated, not bitter resigned to Q3 now and the fact that levelling up the North doesn’t exist VBG.

So Tesla allocations strikes again, someone on Tesla Facebook group ordered a model Y White, black, Gemini 3 weeks ago and got it yesterday! I don’t understand lots of us ordered same months earlier and got FA
Unbelievable isn't it. Tesla did confirm the cancellations are usually allocated on a "location" based system. For example, Dave orders a white car, black interior and 20s in February but then cancels 2 weeks before collection. Jim who lives 2 streets away ordered the exact same car but on the 1st of June, will likely be allocated that car rather then John who's 100 miles away but ordered 2 months before. Its simply down to the logistics already being finalised so that car will still go to wherever it was originally going, more chance of someone taking a cancellation if they're close by.

In my case, they said they'd added notes to my account to say I can pickup from anywhere in the UK however, since its still based on location, they said it was unlikely to make any difference because those people closer will always get 1st refusal.

I now know why there are no Tesla's in the UK. Norway seems to have got them all!! Just kidding, but it was amazing to see so many! Norway has its EV game nailed. My friend had some alligator alloy wheel protection fitted to his MY - might be a good investment.

It should have one. Ours was already installed in the glovebox at collection. It is plugged in on the top at front left (from memory). It is this:

Yes it is, found it. Thanks 👍

Good morning everyone, I guess it's the start of a new quarter and the new need for intel to manage our expectations of when new deliveries will be made. Does anyone have any idea when a fresh supply may start turning up please? I guess on the Y's in the list we are upto second half of March and April orders to be fullfilled next? or are many others still waiting from March and befoe orders?

To quote the authority on this topic (Mr. Miserable):

MORNING CHORUS is almost certainly a Tesla charter and she will depart on 16 Jul and arrive in Southampton on 11 Aug and Zeebrugge on 14 Aug. I'm struggling to find any likely departures before this one and so she could be the 1st ship of Q3 to UK/EU however it's still early days!

Reactions: ElsDee
To quote the authority on this topic (Mr. Miserable):

MORNING CHORUS is almost certainly a Tesla charter and she will depart on 16 Jul and arrive in Southampton on 11 Aug and Zeebrugge on 14 Aug. I'm struggling to find any likely departures before this one and so she could be the 1st ship of Q3 to UK/EU however it's still early days!
Morning Chorus is in en route to Thailand according to this website....

Does anyone else's middle rear seat rattle quite a bit over bumps? Think it's a service job..I thought it was seatbelts hitting the plastic but I'm pretty sure it's the middle seat now. 🤔
I've heard some say its the middle of the rear seats and the its bar at the back. Try dropping just the middle seat, not just the arm rest and see if it stops. If it does, you can of course book it in, but I believe a bit of padding or tape around the bar will also do the trick.

Hi I have ordered a MY in April and I called Tesla to check and initially said I need to complete the registration and then received a text saying it’s all fine. I’m not convinced and worried I will be delayed. Anyone else had any experience with ALD business leasing?

Ps The June EDD is long gone and now I’m Sept 12th to October 27th

Attachments

• 960EFB0E-29C9-4B1E-B2AC-BF8AFA9F3E91.png
    960EFB0E-29C9-4B1E-B2AC-BF8AFA9F3E91.png
    635.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 033D4EC3-91FB-4596-9488-521C7CA261AE.jpeg
    033D4EC3-91FB-4596-9488-521C7CA261AE.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 43
I'm with ALD and their Comms so far has been poor at best. Tesla said it's all good and up to ALD and ALD said it's up to Tesla... Ordered 18 May and originally had a Sept/Nov date. Since ALD took the financing as a company car lease, I can no longer see a car. Totally in the dark.

Hi I have ordered a MY in April and I called Tesla to check and initially said I need to complete the registration and then received a text saying it’s all fine. I’m not convinced and worried I will be delayed. Anyone else had any experience with ALD business leasing?

Ps The June EDD is long gone and now I’m Sept 12th to October 27th
I've received my ALD order last week.

The process in the end was very smooth, but there was a lot of radio silence and unclear messages in the process.

ALD will literally do nothing (but this isn't a bad thing, they can't actually do anything) until they receive a VIN against your RN number (for them, its a Quote-ID, which if you completed it online will be in their portal; the link you click from your Tesla account under payment options).

It was fruitless chasing them for info, they won't be able to tell you until that VIN match happens.

You should be able to see your RN in your Tesla account with ALD (unless you ordered through ALD).

Once then VIN is matched and you see it, they get busy doing various things and you hear nothing.

You have 2 options once the VIN is matched

1) if you ordered online via Tesla - ALD will email you to login to the digital portal to submit you DD details, registration details and to sign the e-sign form / contract

2) if you ordered via a Tesla sales member - they should have taken your bank details at the same time and Tesla will email you the e-sign document (this was my option) - this is the simplest process.

I had nothing sent to me until 5 days before collection. In the meantime, between VIN match and my EDD changing, I got 2 SMS.
1) An actual delivery date - well a link to select one
2) My registration plate
(I had some basic non important reminder SMS's as well, such as watch the video tutorials, dont forget your delivery date and delivery day tips).

Frankly, it was all pretty painless in hindsight but unusually nerve-racking.

ALD responded adequately and fairly promptly for me. For example I hadn't received APP access by the evening of pickup and despite being told 24 hours, I emailed them at about 7:30am. By 8:30/9am someone responded asking me to confirm the email, I did, and within 30 mins more, I had access.

I dont suspect you will get excellent CS from them, but generally you shouldn't need to talk to them until you hand back the car.

Key take aways here, the process really is pretty seamless and everything will be working in the background. Trust the process, get excited once you get a VIN (your EDD will narrow and widen so much its unbearable looking at it some times). Once that VIN comes, you might not hear anything and you won't be able to influence anything. You will (probably) get a VIN match when a ship enters the Suez Canal. Shortly after you will get an SMS asking you to choose a delivery. In the meantime you may get confusing messages asking for you to complete the steps in your account, or registration details. This for me was an annoying bug, its because its an ALD order and Tesla delivery team can probably stop this happening. As I said, 5-7 days before delivery you'll get your e-Sign doc. It really is all pretty straight forward, but pretty frustrating, waiting, not knowing. Good luck.

I hope this helps, as I struggled to find any meaningful tips regarding the ALD order process.

One other thing, shortly after you have a VIN and confirmed delivery date, be prepared for the car to vanish completely from your account. This is ALD taking over the order. It's a good sign. They will make payment for the vehicle in the background. All you need to do is sign an iPad on collection day and they are informed the car has been collected and it will get registered (to them).

Last edited:
Reactions: oneear
I'm with ALD and their Comms so far has been poor at best. Tesla said it's all good and up to ALD and ALD said it's up to Tesla... Ordered 18 May and originally had a Sept/Nov date. Since ALD took the financing as a company car lease, I can no longer see a car. Totally in the dark.
Thought comms were not great and will call again tomorrow to check again, my car is still showing in the app with EDD though.

The process in the end was very smooth, but there was a lot of radio silence and unclear messages in the process.

ALD will literally do nothing (but this isn't a bad thing, they can't actually do anything) until they receive a VIN against your RN number (for them, its a Quote-ID, which if you completed it online will be in their portal; the link you click from your Tesla account under payment options).

It was fruitless chasing them for info, they won't be able to tell you until that VIN match happens.

You should be able to see your RN in your Tesla account with ALD (unless you ordered through ALD).

Once then VIN is matched and you see it, they get busy doing various things and you hear nothing.

1) if you ordered online via Tesla - ALD will email you to login to the digital portal to submit you DD details, registration details and to sign the e-sign form / contract

2) if you ordered via a Tesla sales member - they should have taken your bank details at the same time and Tesla will email you the e-sign document (this was my option) - this is the simplest process.

I had nothing sent to me until 5 days before collection. In the meantime, between VIN match and my EDD changing, I got 2 SMS.
2) My registration plate
(I had some basic non important reminder SMS's as well, such as watch the video tutorials, dont forget your delivery date and delivery day tips).

ALD responded adequately and fairly promptly for me. For example I hadn't received APP access by the evening of pickup and despite being told 24 hours, I emailed them at about 7:30am. By 8:30/9am someone responded asking me to confirm the email, I did, and within 30 mins more, I had access.

I dont suspect you will get excellent CS from them, but generally you shouldn't need to talk to them until you hand back the car.

Key take aways here, the process really is pretty seamless and everything will be working in the background. Trust the process, get excited once you get a VIN (your EDD will narrow and widen so much its unbearable looking at it some times). Once that VIN comes, you might not hear anything and you won't be able to influence anything. You will (probably) get a VIN match when a ship enters the Suez Canal. Shortly after you will get an SMS asking you to choose a delivery. In the meantime you may get confusing messages asking for you to complete the steps in your account, or registration details. This for me was an annoying bug, its because its an ALD order and Tesla delivery team can probably stop this happening. As I said, 5-7 days before delivery you'll get your e-Sign doc. It really is all pretty straight forward, but pretty frustrating, waiting, not knowing. Good luck.

I hope this helps, as I struggled to find any meaningful tips regarding the ALD order process.

One other thing, shortly after you have a VIN and confirmed delivery date, be prepared for the car to vanish completely from your account. This is ALD taking over the order. It's a good sign. They will make payment for the vehicle in the background. All you need to do is sign an iPad on collection day and they are informed the car has been collected and it will get registered (to them).

Thank you. My faith is restored now back to the wait knowing my luck it will come in aug when I am in Holiday!

Reactions: bp1000

2) My registration plate

That's brilliant information, more than I've had from anyone to be honest - appreciate the insight on the process. I'd initially paid the £200 deposit myself and it was refunded when ALD took over the order - didn't expect this and it did concern me!

Reactions: bp1000 and MattM76