Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find the 19s look a bit lost, 20s seem to be just about right. It’s a shame they couldn’t fit higher profile tyres to the 20s as there seems to be enough of a gap in the arch
Higher profile 20s may well have convinced me to go for the 20s. On a car of this nature, as opposed to our M3P, I felt having a decent amount of sidewall was the prudent choice. For us -- I am not diminishing that others will have a different opinion regarding the aesthetics of the 19s vs 20s as currently offered.

I've ordered these from AliExpress.

I have my MY LR on lease and saw no need to pay for the wheel upgrade when I intended to buy my own 20" wheel set I could own and use the 19" in winter.

However, now the car is here, I'm ok with the 19" wheels. No doubt they will look better in black. So instead of painting the alloys and creating an issue for when I return the car, I decided to try full size matt black covers. These cover the silver ring.

292562300_5862881553740802_7584393682612098005_n.jpg

Not my car but I ordered these hubcaps.

Jury's out wether I keep the car on 19s. I had always intended to swap to 20s as I have a socket set and jack to do my own swaps. I'll live with the 19" with these covers first - see how I feel about them. With it being a family car and my wife driving, the improved ride and range is also a reason I ordered 19".

Covers are : 120.0US $ 50% OFF|4PCS 19 Inch Wheel Cap Automobile Hubcap Wheel Cover For Tesla Model Y 2020 2021 2022 Wheel Cap Original Car Replacement Hubcap| | - AliExpress

Note that this guys put on his own blue T centre cap stickers. The wheels apparently come with a silver/white T logo as confirmed by online chat with seller. £180 with tax/vat and delivery. Relatively low cost for what looks pretty nice in pictures.

Reactions: Benotomy
Good to hear as I ordered the Rimetrix covers last week! Love the look of the inductions ( especially with white paint) but couldn't bring myself to spend over £2k on wheels because they looked nicer! Not a fan of the covers the 19" comes with either...and couldn't be bothered with all the faff of powder coating/ spraying etc. One advantage the Rimetrix have over the standard covers is that they cover the whole of the wheel...so good for hiding existing kerb rash and and also protecting the wheels against future kerb rash...I also ordered a spare cover just in case i totally destroy one of them ( pretty much inevitable!)
Thanks they look really nice and will consider as well

I have my MY LR on lease and saw no need to pay for the wheel upgrade when I intended to buy my own 20" wheel set I could own and use the 19" in winter.

However, now the car is here, I'm ok with the 19" wheels. No doubt they will look better in black. So instead of painting the alloys and creating an issue for when I return the car, I decided to try full size matt black covers. These cover the silver ring.

Jury's out wether I keep the car on 19s. I had always intended to swap to 20s as I have a socket set and jack to do my own swaps. I'll live with the 19" with these covers first - see how I feel about them. With it being a family car and my wife driving, the improved ride and range is also a reason I ordered 19".

Covers are : 120.0US $ 50% OFF|4PCS 19 Inch Wheel Cap Automobile Hubcap Wheel Cover For Tesla Model Y 2020 2021 2022 Wheel Cap Original Car Replacement Hubcap| | - AliExpress

Note that this guys put on his own blue T centre cap stickers. The wheels apparently come with a silver/white T logo as confirmed by online chat with seller. £180 with tax/vat and delivery. Relatively low cost for what looks pretty nice in pictures.
👍 they seem to be the exact design /style as the original 19” covers which may be a better match wrt airflow and range…will definitely look into this too

I went for Geminis as pretty sure the inductions would be kerbed before too long, and not prepared to pay £2k for the privilege. I think I'll see what the Gemini covers look like in real life before making a decision on whether to get alternative covers, but I'm coming from a Prius with wheel covers, so pretty sure it will be an improvement.

Reactions: Andenan
👍 they seem to be the exact design /style as the original 19” covers which may be a better match wrt airflow and range…will definitely look into this too
Yes indeed, thats what I was after. Same look as the stock 19 but just in black. I think these will do the trick.

I got the idea from a YouTuber who masked off the stock caps and painted them two tone black and they looked good.

It is a faff, but then I found these posted on the FB forums and messaged the guy and he sent me the details for these.

Reactions: nscar and Benotomy
Yes indeed, thats what I was after. Same look as the stock 19 but just in black. I think these will do the trick.

I got the idea from a YouTuber who masked off the stock caps and painted them two tone black and they looked good.

It is a faff, but then I found these posted on the FB forums and messaged the guy and he sent me the details for these.
Same you tuber has it sold on auto trader!

I do like them though and do look better.

Reactions: Benotomy

These look good - I’ve been toying with Rimetrix / Aliexpress vs powder coating, but I also have a lease car and don’t really want to go without the car for a couple of days either while powder coating takes place.

I think at £180 tax and delivered I might go with the same, important that the rim is covered as well as they look pretty naff when that’s exposed like on the standard covers.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
So, if anyone wanted to get off the MYLR merry go round waiting list, what's the number 2 choice, people would consider instead? 😔
I have an Kia EV6 on order too, GTL-S AWD version. The order was placed in late Dec 21 for April 22 delivery but that quickly became a fantasy. As I ordered that before the MY (late April), that tells you that my 1st choice is/was the Kia. There are + & - points for both but I think SWMBO is going to really struggle with the MY's minimalist instrumentation & necessary use of voice control to change anything whilst driving. At the moment it's a race as to which turns up first........

Reactions: ElsDee and Human_
I have an Kia EV6 on order too, GTL-S AWD version. The order was placed in late Dec 21 for April 22 delivery but that quickly became a fantasy. As I ordered that before the MY (late April), that tells you that my 1st choice is/was the Kia. There are + & - points for both but I think SWMBO is going to really struggle with the MY's minimalist instrumentation & necessary use of voice control to change anything whilst driving. At the moment it's a race as to which turns up first........
Back in March, I started the day with an EV6 purchase in mind. After the Kia rep told me a new car would be a 9month wait minimum from ANY manufacturer, I left to rethink... and take a model Y for a spin. The Tesla rep told me that the estimated delivery was May. He also said they were pretty good at meeting their deliveries. 😜.. I signed up then and there. So, for me, I'd look at the EV6 again and possibly the ionic5 as that always catches my eye when i see one.

Reactions: ElsDee
iX3 for me as it’s going to be replacing an X3 so I’d go for that just for the familiarity.

The frustrating thing for me is all the potential choices have some big cons (including the MY)

Kia EV 6 looks good but I’m not sure about the rear and the annoying chimes for the lane keep assist would piss me off.

Audi Q4 and all the other VW MEB platform cars don’t let you do one pedal driving.

iX3 range isn’t great although in the grand scheme of things I don’t think 30-40 extra miles would make such a difference on a long trip and you’d still end up making the same number of stops. The lack of xDrive is also not ideal.

Model Y technology is crap (and I say this as a M3 owner) and the lack of CarPlay really is a huge inconvenience for me.

So why the Y? Well I love driving the M3 while I kind of hate driving the X3, the short(er) wait times and the charging network.

Reactions: Toblerone
iX3 for me as it’s going to be replacing an X3 so I’d go for that just for the familiarity.

The frustrating thing for me is all the potential choices have some big cons (including the MY)

Kia EV 6 looks good but I’m not sure about the rear and the annoying chimes for the lane keep assist would piss me off.

Audi Q4 and all the other VW MEB platform cars don’t let you do one pedal driving.

iX3 range isn’t great although in the grand scheme of things I don’t think 30-40 extra miles would make such a difference on a long trip and you’d still end up making the same number of stops. The lack of xDrive is also not ideal.

Model Y technology is crap (and I say this as a M3 owner) and the lack of CarPlay really is a huge inconvenience for me.

So why the Y? Well I love driving the M3 while I kind of hate driving the X3, the short(er) wait times and the charging network.
Wow I agree, as i sold my X3 Diesel non Ulez over 2 months ago, best car I ever had, that's the weird thing you can pick up a less than 1 year old ix3 for @ £53k, only 2 wheel drive as you say, but build quality is far superior and you have better back up, whilst Tesla is not a patch on that of BMW's dealer network. Q4 and VW ranges put them out of the others league, as i have seen my colleagues compare current ownership, with Tesla always coming out ontop. Hyndai and Kia could i spend that kind of cash over a Tesla or BMW, i think not. I love BMW, but Tesla wizardry is far superior i think whilst my wife would prefer the familar BMW dials ect. I think by now i would have bought an IX3 as delivery is almost instant, yet the delay of The Y, means my company sacrifice scheme may have been approved bu the FSA by the time the Y turns up. Demand for the Y will guarantee residual values somewhat too. Good to know I am not the only one with similar thoughts, thanks guys,:)

Last edited:
This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!
Not only the reason for the quote to expire is Tesla's own failure to deliver on schedule, but when asked on the chat, they told several forum members that the agreed APR would be kept.
This is a dickish move. We had to not only suffer the additional delays, but now they want us to charge more money for the inconvenience?? How is that fair?
Will definitely cancel my order if this is confirmed.
Not long to wait for me, I suppose my expiry will be in the next couple of days...
So I’m in the same position ordered 18th march MY my finance with Blackhorse has just expired, just had it confirmed the new APR will be 5.9% nothing they can do about it. They have moved the goal posts of the agreement feel like I’m getting a raw deal not sure weather I will be continuing with my order now

So I’m in the same position ordered 18th march MY my finance with Blackhorse has just expired, just had it confirmed the new APR will be 5.9% nothing they can do about it. They have moved the goal posts of the agreement feel like I’m getting a raw deal not sure weather I will be continuing with my order now
Is this a Tesla Loan for Personal/Sole Trader?

Ordered in May and expecting in December so I know my agreement will prob expire. But because we beat the MY price increase I still think we're in a good position.

Reactions: greendriller

Looks like you can't link to a FB hosted image. As it has disappeared, for context to my original post here is the image of a car with the 19" aliexpress matt black hubcaps.