Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what the fixed wh/m is for Uk cars, the one that Tesla uses to display the remaining range in miles.

I’m aware that it isn’t really relevant and I always use the trip planner for long journeys, I’m just curious.

Actually whilst we are on this topic, I have been left amazed by its efficiency. Several long runs now and today with the wife driving a significant distance it returned 235wh/m.

This is unheard of and I’ve not got anywhere close to this in my model s. That’s almost always over 300wh/m.

On the specs page it says “Est. range as configured: 351 mi” (with 19” wheels) just curious what wh/m is used for this stat, because a 100% charge (which I haven’t done yet) probably only displays 325 miles, so the cars miles estimate must be using a different wh/m vs the brochure which is based on the mandated WLTP standard.

Last edited:
Joined the Tesla EDD experience for my first time! Base spec Y, “due” Nov-Jan, so fingers crossed I have it before the end of the tax year! It has certainly been a wild ride reading everyone else’s experience here - at least this way I won’t be as disappointed; the whole system would mess with somebody new who didn’t check out forums beforehand!
Welcome and congrats. You'll love the car.

As for timings, you will certainly have it before then, I'm pretty sure of that. Its very likely to be End Nov/Dec. If you are extremely lucky, end of Sep but that is virtually impossible unless Tesla skew a bigger portion of exports vs mainland Europe. Eventually that might happen as they produce MYLR in Berlin now, but not in big enough quantities for it to have a practical effect yet. You would also have to be very lucky, possibly snag a cancellation.

Anyone know what the fixed wh/m is for Uk cars, the one that Tesla uses to display the remaining range in miles.

TLDR;

72,000 Watts / 331 miles = 217.5 Wh/mile from 100% is what Tesla is using from full charge on 20' rims!
( on 19' rims its 72,000 / 351 = 205 Wh/mile )
You'll probably get about 90% of the stated range in the real world - see below....

Real world example....

Recently did a 230 mile round trip (mostly normal speeds on motorways and A roads, a/c on, spotify blaring and leaving the car overnight with sentry on and without charging). Started at 331 miles range (100%). Model Y on 20" inductions.

Made it back with 70 miles remaining shown on the clock and 22% charge left. So thats; 70 miles is 22% of the total 72kW remaining and 260 miles is 78% of the total 72kW used for a 230 mile trip (with additional things running)

So for what's remaining; Tesla are using an estimate of roughly 226 Wh/mile.
and what was used was roughly 244 Wh/mile.
(I say 'roughly' because it depends how they round the percentage figure (+/- 3.31 miles)

They should put these sort of question into GCSE maths papers ! 😅

On the specs page it says “Est. range as configured: 351 mi” (with 19” wheels) just curious what wh/m is used for this stat, because a 100% charge (which I haven’t done yet) probably only displays 325 miles, so the cars miles estimate must be using a different wh/m vs the brochure which is based on the mandated WLTP standard.

Mine did that (325 or 326) when new and never been 100% charged but seems to show 331 or 330 again after its been run down to 20% or so, then it shows the full amount when fully charged or when you slide the battery slider to 100%.

Welcome and congrats. You'll love the car.

As for timings, you will certainly have it before then, I'm pretty sure of that. Its very likely to be End Nov/Dec. If you are extremely lucky, end of Sep but that is virtually impossible unless Tesla skew a bigger portion of exports vs mainland Europe. Eventually that might happen as they produce MYLR in Berlin now, but not in big enough quantities for it to have a practical effect yet. You would also have to be very lucky, possibly snag a cancellation.
I was blown away with the test drive. Did not expect it to be that good, that comfortable and that quick!

Can’t see myself bagging a cancellation as I’d imagine White paint, black interior and Gemini wheels probably has the longest list!

If I get this year then fab, but no way am I keeping my hopes up. I’d rather expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: Toblerone
Pinch of salt moment … Spoke to Tesla assistance who said they expect deliveries of MYLRs to UK from end of Aug and throughout Sept. Blues and Reds are the least common in production. Whites and Grays pretty standard in production. Who knows. Time will tell. Too many conflicting pieces of information on these forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElsDee
Sorta related to the above, I’ve seen a few Y’s in grey on the roads and I’ve ordered the white (13th June. 20” Black Interior). I was wondering if anyone has changed their design while it still lets you.

If so, have you seen your EDD jump in either direction? Currently mine is saying November 12 - December 27

Is it worth changing the colour or just wait for white and get it wrapped when I get it?

Sorta related to the above, I’ve seen a few Y’s in grey on the roads and I’ve ordered the white (13th June. 20” Black Interior). I was wondering if anyone has changed their design while it still lets you.

If so, have you seen your EDD jump in either direction? Currently mine is saying November 12 - December 27

Is it worth changing the colour or just wait for white and get it wrapped when I get it?
Same specification as mine 😊

Reactions: ROTA
Same specification as mine 😊

Can’t remember the exact price increase date, but reckon if you change now - it will most likely be on the current applicable prices (I.e if you ordered before price rise) plus your change is coming in Q3 quarter as against the q2 order - likely for the EDD to change. Try speaking at Tesla - though unlikely they can advise anything on EDD.

Reactions: ROTA
Can’t remember the exact price increase date, but reckon if you change now - it will most likely be on the current applicable prices (I.e if you ordered before price rise) plus your change is coming in Q3 quarter as against the q2 order - likely for the EDD to change. Try speaking at Tesla - though unlikely they can advise anything on EDD.
I feared the price would be increased but I went on there and made the change without submitting and the price quoted is still inline with the prices at the time of my Q2 order. Seems they lock it in for you which is nice.

I haven’t been monitoring the chatter here but is the general thought/hopes that Q2 orders are being fulfilled in Q3 (September)?

Reactions: Pajo78
I feared the price would be increased but I went on there and made the change without submitting and the price quoted is still inline with the prices at the time of my Q2 order. Seems they lock it in for you which is nice.

I haven’t been monitoring the chatter here but is the general thought/hopes that Q2 orders are being fulfilled in Q3 (September)?
Tesla order/delivery system is quite complex to understand. On this forum for the last 3 months now and from all the posts that I have read - many orders upto 15th March have been fulfilled. booked early April and the EDD has held for the last 4 weeks now - so optimistic should get it in September. Besides the Shanghai factory is being upgraded to increase output per day. there were very few ships to UK in q2 as compared to earlier quarters, so can only be hopeful the situation improves in q3.

Reactions: Toblerone and ROTA
Tesla order/delivery system is quite complex to understand. On this forum for the last 3 months now and from all the posts that I have read - many orders upto 15th March have been fulfilled. booked early April and the EDD has held for the last 4 weeks now - so optimistic should get it in September. Besides the Shanghai factory is being upgraded to increase output per day. there were very few ships to UK in q2 as compared to earlier quarters, so can only be hopeful the situation improves in q3.
Sounds promising. I’ve kind of just settled with it’ll come when it comes. I’m on the cancellation list so hopefully might get some good news in the Q3 shipment if people cancel.

If only orders up to 15th March are fulfilled then my 13th June order might fall into the Q4 shipments. Which isn’t necessarily bad because by then I’ll have moved out of our terraced rented property into our own detached new build, which means at home charging! :)

Sounds promising. I’ve kind of just settled with it’ll come when it comes. I’m on the cancellation list so hopefully might get some good news in the Q3 shipment if people cancel.

If only orders up to 15th March are fulfilled then my 13th June order might fall into the Q4 shipments. Which isn’t necessarily bad because by then I’ll have moved out of our terraced rented property into our own detached new build, which means at home charging! :)
I might be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that if you change the spec post order then it is effectively treated as a new order...so you jump to the back of the queue for that new spec. Personally I wouldn't change spec in the hope of getting an earlier delivery. I would only change the spec if I regretted anything about my original choice.

TLDR;

72,000 Watts / 331 miles = 217.5 Wh/mile from 100% is what Tesla is using from full charge on 20' rims!
( on 19' rims its 72,000 / 351 = 205 Wh/mile )
You'll probably get about 90% of the stated range in the real world - see below....

Real world example....

Recently did a 230 mile round trip (mostly normal speeds on motorways and A roads, a/c on, spotify blaring and leaving the car overnight with sentry on and without charging). Started at 331 miles range (100%). Model Y on 20" inductions.

Made it back with 70 miles remaining shown on the clock and 22% charge left. So thats; 70 miles is 22% of the total 72kW remaining and 260 miles is 78% of the total 72kW used for a 230 mile trip (with additional things running)

So for what's remaining; Tesla are using an estimate of roughly 226 Wh/mile.
and what was used was roughly 244 Wh/mile.
(I say 'roughly' because it depends how they round the percentage figure (+/- 3.31 miles)

They should put these sort of question into GCSE maths papers ! 😅

Mine did that (325 or 326) when new and never been 100% charged but seems to show 331 or 330 again after its been run down to 20% or so, then it shows the full amount when fully charged or when you slide the battery slider to 100%.
Thank you for this, really appreciate it.

I tried to do some research last night on this. From what I found, Tesla use 270Wh/m for the rated consumption. But this is the consumption including charging losses and heat loss. In reality it has absolutely no bearing on daily use (for reference at least) as you can't account for this. Its just a pure calculation to show absolute total energy used.

The actual range calculation is using 242 Wh/m. However, this does not include the energy used by the on-board electronics, ac and thermal management system, just the energy used by the motors and remaining battery capacity through BMS - to display the remaining range. Again no bearing on the actual energy used.

To account for this, the Wh/m needed in the real world (as shown on the display) to achieve the rated range is 225Wh/m

So exactly what you have calculated!

I think the 19" wheel variant needs to achieve 217Wh/m to get its rated range.

All interesting but for me, now I know the magic number is 225Wh/m and I can quickly calculate the actual remaining range. E.g. our current lifetime Wh/m is 9% higher than the rated figure, very easy to know how many miles remaining.

Before anyone says, just rely on nav, routing etc, I do, I just like to have a reference point.

Thank you for this, really appreciate it.

I tried to do some research last night on this. From what I found, Tesla use 270Wh/m for the rated consumption. But this is the consumption including charging losses and heat loss. In reality it has absolutely no bearing on daily use (for reference at least) as you can't account for this. Its just a pure calculation to show absolute total energy used.

The actual range calculation is using 242 Wh/m. However, this does not include the energy used by the on-board electronics, ac and thermal management system, just the energy used by the motors and remaining battery capacity through BMS - to display the remaining range. Again no bearing on the actual energy used.

To account for this, the Wh/m needed in the real world (as shown on the display) to achieve the rated range is 225Wh/m

So exactly what you have calculated!

I think the 19" wheel variant needs to achieve 217Wh/m to get its rated range.

All interesting but for me, now I know the magic number is 225Wh/m and I can quickly calculate the actual remaining range. E.g. our current lifetime Wh/m is 9% higher than the rated figure, very easy to know how many miles remaining.

Before anyone says, just rely on nav, routing etc, I do, I just like to have a reference point.
1000 miles done and 266 Wh/m for me on mainly country A & B roads and ‘fairly gentle’ driving. Don’t know how I’d get to 217Wh/m and still have a smile on my face 😊

Reactions: Toblerone