Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for this, really appreciate it.

I tried to do some research last night on this. From what I found, Tesla use 270Wh/m for the rated consumption. But this is the consumption including charging losses and heat loss. In reality it has absolutely no bearing on daily use (for reference at least) as you can't account for this. Its just a pure calculation to show absolute total energy used.

The actual range calculation is using 242 Wh/m. However, this does not include the energy used by the on-board electronics, ac and thermal management system, just the energy used by the motors and remaining battery capacity through BMS - to display the remaining range. Again no bearing on the actual energy used.

To account for this, the Wh/m needed in the real world (as shown on the display) to achieve the rated range is 225Wh/m

So exactly what you have calculated!

I think the 19" wheel variant needs to achieve 217Wh/m to get its rated range.

All interesting but for me, now I know the magic number is 225Wh/m and I can quickly calculate the actual remaining range. E.g. our current lifetime Wh/m is 9% higher than the rated figure, very easy to know how many miles remaining.

Before anyone says, just rely on nav, routing etc, I do, I just like to have a reference point.

No Problem, you're welcome.

Yeah, interesting going down the rabbit hole on this but in the real world, as you say it's pretty meaningless. Same as planning a trip in an ice car using the manufacturers quoted MPG.

Best way for simplicity is just take 10% off the estimated remaining range, as a rough and ready guide. You won't be far off.

or multiply the % of your battery remaining by 3 gives you the 'real' number of miles range left !

100% = 300 miles
66% = 200 miles
33% = 100 miles
20% = 60 miles
10% = 30 miles
1% = oh 💩 :eek:

Pretty easy 👍

Anyone know what the fixed wh/m is for Uk cars, the one that Tesla uses to display the remaining range in miles.

I’m aware that it isn’t really relevant and I always use the trip planner for long journeys, I’m just curious.

Actually whilst we are on this topic, I have been left amazed by its efficiency. Several long runs now and today with the wife driving a significant distance it returned 235wh/m.

This is unheard of and I’ve not got anywhere close to this in my model s. That’s almost always over 300wh/m.

On the specs page it says “Est. range as configured: 351 mi” (with 19” wheels) just curious what wh/m is used for this stat, because a 100% charge (which I haven’t done yet) probably only displays 325 miles, so the cars miles estimate must be using a different wh/m vs the brochure which is based on the mandated WLTP standard.
You're not the only one who does this but you've been on the forum for 7 years and you decide to bring up a conversation around wh/m on the Model Y UK delivery thread??

This is completely off topic and quite simply, rude IMO. The equivalent of butting into someones conversation and turning it around to be all about you. Last 2 pages about Tesla Model Y deliveries is now servicing BP1000s off topic chatter about wh/m. Surely after 7 years, you know how to start a thread, or find a relevant one?

Been reading updates here for the last few days and thought I’d get registered and post my dates if it helps expectations with other orders.

My workplace has LeasePlan as a provider and I placed an order through them on the evening of 28th April. Order got ‘received’ on 29th April. After filling in some driver checks, my order was ‘approved’ by LeasePlan on 4th May. On 4th May I also received an email directly from Tesla asking for me to finish setting up my account with them. On 9th May I received my order confirmation and RN number through LeasePlan. On 23rd May one further email from LeasePlan to state the ‘new anticipated delivery date is now 28-10-2022’ (having not been given a delivery date before).

Car specs on order: MYLR / Blue / Black / 19” Gemini / EAP

Ordered the car without a test drive first.

Previous car was a Tiguan on 20” wheels. Ride on that was on the firmer side so hoping the reports of a firmer ride in the MY aren’t too different from that.

I’ll be going for a test drive today in the Glasgow centre. Im hoping it doesn’t disappoint! I’ll see if the rep there can give more info on the order whilst there.

Just to quote my original post for context… I’ve had an update from LeasePlan starting they expect to be able to deliver on 16th September, although this may change again.

Just got another update from LeasePlan today advising 16th September is still looking good for delivery.

Cannot wait to receive it, having returned the Tiguan back in May.

Whilst waiting I’ve had Tessories deliver all weather mats all round and also ordered a set of Rimetrix Laminars. Garage is starting to look a bit like a warehouse!

You're not the only one who does this but you've been on the forum for 7 years and you decide to bring up a conversation around wh/m on the Model Y UK delivery thread??

This is completely off topic and quite simply, rude IMO. The equivalent of butting into someones conversation and turning it around to be all about you. Last 2 pages about Tesla Model Y deliveries is now servicing BP1000s off topic chatter about wh/m. Surely after 7 years, you know how to start a thread, or find a relevant one?
Oh well, you know, just thought it might be useful for all current pickups and future pickups and part of a discussion with people I've been sharing information with in Q2.

If you live your life with such obedience and order, I'll say a little prayer for you, such a shame you put yourself through such purgatory that a mis-categorised post on an Internet forum has led you to such conclusions about me and my contribution here.

If the admins want to move it, so be it.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: Andy_RS2113
Part of me expects Dec delivery too.
But cannot fight those false hope when they have given me sept EDD twice already...
I had a June EDD for a bit when I ordered. Looks like I ordered about a month ahead of you (not that this means anything with Tesla!)

Starting to wish I had gone for a more standard combination - I can't see any other combination that matches my spec on the Frizzy DB or elsewhere.

Hoping this means I'm more likely to get matched, but can't fight the nagging feeling it means they're not making any of them either...

Someone talk some sense in to me...