Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla a moment ago and actually I spoke to somebody who actually knew what they were talking about and he emailed me also. I am leasing through ALD and I’m pleased I called them because he said that my account was red and not available for a match all because my driving license wasn’t uploaded. Unfortunately the option to upload it through the app is greyed out so I was none the wiser. However I emailed this to them and they have now uploaded it in my account is now showing green for allocation.

I have an EDD of 19th to the 30th of September and I asked what the car come and he said that absolutely there is 100% chance of it coming I did ask is it in transit at the minute and he said yes it’s on the high seas but they haven’t been allocated as yet. Take from that as much as you wish.

I’m so pleased I called though as for not uploading my driving license could mean that I was pushed back under the quarter and this is why I didn’t get my car in June for this reason

I called Tesla a moment ago and actually I spoke to somebody who actually knew what they were talking about and he emailed me also. I am leasing through ALD and I’m pleased I called them because he said that my account was red and not available for a match all because my driving license wasn’t uploaded. Unfortunately the option to upload it through the app is greyed out so I was none the wiser. However I emailed this to them and they have now uploaded it in my account is now showing green for allocation.

I have an EDD of 19th to the 30th of September and I asked what the car come and he said that absolutely there is 100% chance of it coming I did ask is it in transit at the minute and he said yes it’s on the high seas but they haven’t been allocated as yet. Take from that as much as you wish.

I’m so pleased I called though as for not uploading my driving license could mean that I was pushed back under the quarter and this is why I didn’t get my car in June for this reason
This is a concern as I'm with ALD too. They are incredibly non communicative . Ive just emailed Tesla to make sure everything is in order. Oh, that for rejected...yay.

If orders get pushed to Q4 does this mean late November / December delivery or is the intention that new shipments are arriving all the time (i.e. chance of an October delivery date?).

My EDD has remained eerily static for a long while now at 6th - 30th September from a 30th April order. Still holding out hope for this being accurate.
There's a long standing tradition that Tesla doesn't deliver to EU/UK in the 1st month of a quarter, as it takes nearly a month for a ship to arrive, and therefore, Shanghai GF prefers to cater to the local market in September, which will translate into sales for Q3 financials, rather than having several thousands cars worth on inventory halfway through the Indian Ocean. So don't expect anything in Oct.

Reactions: _Dave_ and Jpeart
I have hope still. I’ll be gutted if it’s pushed back to Q4.
I mean, I am currently feeling like it’s getting unlikely, but this rollercoaster has me flipping daily in emotions and hope!
I have to think if there’s one more UK shipment we (early May orders) stand an excellent chance. And our dates holding is better than having them move back already.
But then I hear of the cars shown today being likely bound for Oz, or see that screenshot saying there will not be another UK ship this quarter. I’m sure they could manage it in terms of output, and they would obviously have the orders and would love to fulfil them; but if a vessel booking has fallen through or isn’t available, then that would be that, I suppose.

MY LR MSM/black/19 .Have a reg number and home delivery on 1st Sept.Received a text from Tesla requesting full payment.
On my invoice it states
Payment terms: Paid in full 3 days after invoice issue date. Enter the
reference number when executing the transaction.
Another Tesla text . We have recently made a change to our invoicing process to align with our delivery process.
Payment is due 3 days after invoice is issued.Is this normal?
I am not sure normal or not as I am equally confused with the recent messages. But in your case if you already have reg. no, delivery date scheduled I wouldn’t personally mind to go ahead with the payment.

In my case, the last text I received like many others asking for all pre delivery tasks to be completed in the next 7 days but my EDD is around mid Sep, SC VIN available. I still have a balance to pay. This would be not confusing if it said complete all tasks or the payment at least 7 days prior to collection or similar, instead. Additionally the trial payment I made a week ago seems to appear on the account suggesting it gets reflected in the balance, so I wonder what the main reason for waiting for the VIN and the collection scheduling is other than holding to the cash a bit longer? I am not to keen to pay well in advance but not also wanting to cause any further delay or to be unmatched just because their message is not followed. Am I missing something or this something to do with their new process?

I am not sure normal or not as I am equally confused with the recent messages. But in your case if you already have reg. no, delivery date scheduled I wouldn’t personally mind to go ahead with the payment.

In my case, the last text I received like many others asking for all pre delivery tasks to be completed in the next 7 days but my EDD is around mid Sep, SC VIN available. I still have a balance to pay. This would be not confusing if it said complete all tasks or the payment at least 7 days prior to collection or similar, instead. Additionally the trial payment I made a week ago seems to appear on the account suggesting it gets reflected in the balance, so I wonder what the main reason for waiting for the VIN and the collection scheduling is other than holding to the cash a bit longer? I am not to keen to pay well in advance but not also wanting to cause any further delay or to be unmatched just because their message is not followed. Am I missing something or this something to do with their new process?
Agreed that depending on your final payment amount, even with the rising interest rates, keeping it in your savings acct for 15 more days won't make a huge difference.

But with no 'officially confirmed VIN', if it were to disappear from your account overnight, you would essentially have no recourse, and I recall the story of a fellow member here for whom it was an absolute nightmare and who spent months getting Tesla to refund him the advance payment he made...

I'd like Tesla to leave a bit of a paper trail first by giving me a VIN by text, and possibly even a precise collection date

Reactions: Benotomy
I mean, I am currently feeling like it’s getting unlikely, but this rollercoaster has me flipping daily in emotions and hope!
I have to think if there’s one more UK shipment we (early May orders) stand an excellent chance. And our dates holding is better than having them move back already.
But then I hear of the cars shown today being likely bound for Oz, or see that screenshot saying there will not be another UK ship this quarter. I’m sure they could manage it in terms of output, and they would obviously have the orders and would love to fulfil them; but if a vessel booking has fallen through or isn’t available, then that would be that, I suppose.
I suspect the additional ship that Tesla rep mentioned was for June and July orders. It would be another very small Q if those vins assigned were it for this quarter despite bumper production.

My EDD when ordering was September fwiw.

Reactions: _Dave_