Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been like this for me for the past month or so. Even tried deleting and reinstalling the app with no joy. Few others reported the same, I think it’s common if you miss a quarter delivery or something, still works fine on the website.
I was hoping the hidden vin and narrower edd would fix it. Apparently not.
Hopefully if I manage to get a delivery slot it will finally update then.

Looks to me that they have made/planning to make cars but are struggling with securing RoRo’s to the UK, hence the shifting EDD’s to the very end of September and into Q4. Missing the Q end for a made car would be a nightmare for Tesla so they will be doing all they can to get produced cars to their destined market asap - but they do need a ship available to make that happen!
It's conceivable that they know what they've got sat waiting in Shanghai that's due on a boat to the UK leaving in the next few days that would make all these dates achievable. Lots of images today if RHD MYs sat ready to go. Fingers and toes crossed!

Not to play devil's advocate, but could they send them to a different RHD market, such as Australia/NZ or are there different specs (EV sockets etc..) that would make those cars on GF Shanghai irking lot unique to the UK?
If it's the latter you can count on Tesla to find a RoRo and make it in time for Q3, they are usually very competent with chartering shipping as Mr M regularly confirms on the Shipping Thread.

Reactions: Toblerone
Not to play devil's advocate, but could they send them to a different RHD market, such as Australia/NZ or are there different specs (EV sockets etc..) that would make those cars on GF Shanghai irking lot unique to the UK?
If it's the latter you can count on Tesla to find a RoRo and make it in time for Q3, they are usually very competent with chartering shipping as Mr M regularly confirms on the Shipping Thread.
Not sure because of a lot of EDD’s changed to Q4 today. Which pretty much seals no more ships coming to the UK

I'm not sure if this is getting borderline ridiculous or that I should be expecting this. Here are my projections on the following dates for delivery:

27 July - Nov 14-Dec 29
3 August - Nov 12 - Dec 27
11 August - Sep 19 = Sep 30
12 August - Nov 2 - Dec 27

Is this normal?!?!?!?!

I'm not sure if this is getting borderline ridiculous or that I should be expecting this. Here are my projections on the following dates for delivery:

27 July - Nov 14-Dec 29
3 August - Nov 12 - Dec 27
11 August - Sep 19 = Sep 30
12 August - Nov 2 - Dec 27

Is this normal?!?!?!?!
Unfortunately, very normal.
Refer to my signature below & those of many members on this thread. Hang in there.

Reactions: ArunG
Hey! Had my reg number and vin provided via text (lease car, ordered mid April, white, black, 19s), apologies to all those still waiting! 🙈

Is anyone getting theirs delivered? It’s coming 3rd sept but I’m wondering if it will be driven or flat bed? Anyone had experience of this and then changed to be collected? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: KB2022 and RCMY
Hey! Had my reg number and vin provided via text (lease car, ordered mid April, white, black, 19s), apologies to all those still waiting! 🙈

Is anyone getting theirs delivered? It’s coming 3rd sept but I’m wondering if it will be driven or flat bed? Anyone had experience of this and then changed to be collected? Thanks in advance!
Great news, although bit of a bitter taste as same spec, also lease, ordered end March but no text yet 🤷‍♂️

Apparently, they are delivered on flat bed and not driven.

Had confirmation from lease company that VIN assigned but nothing else, they said I would get text from Tesla to confirm, and arrange delivery etc. but nothing yet.

Seeing a couple of people on here being told they were assigned in error is making me nervous 😩

is this likely to be a Q2 car that’s been sat in a field at Donington (zen auto) awaiting the change reg plate so that it retains more value?

Over on the shipping thread someone’s had a MYLR UK vin which looks like it’s from Giga Berlin. That’s a game changer. Shipping from Europe for Q3 and Q4 should make lead times from build to delivery shorter. Those of you expecting Q3 but with no VIN could end up as MIG owners.
He's in Sweden, it's not a UK car so it's still LHD. I guess it could also be a mistake.