Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some advice as just had this via Tesla chat:

"It is also important to note that we only complete registration with the DVLA on delivery day itself. So you will need to call insurers for pricing as online quote tools wont recognise the plate until after delivery day".

Is this correct? I presume I can get a quote online and simply call them when I get the reg through a week or so before delivery?
Yes.

Registration is complete on collection.

You’ll get the reg in a text at some point, a week or so before delivery, to complete your insurance purchase👍

Prior to that it’s the usual insurance quote process with the “don’t own a vehicle yet” option.

My Estimated Delivery: September 05 - September 30 stuck for months now, there seems to be alot of chatter on additional boats this week and i am keeping an eye on Mr M's forecasts which are massively appretiated, but not sure yet if i can rely on my mix of optimism or reading of the current boats waiting to load, i guess we have a week left ideally and hopefully from Monday onwards we may see some movement or Vins given the increased productivity :)
I’m in the same boat 👀

"It is also important to note that we only complete registration with the DVLA on delivery day itself. So you will need to call insurers for pricing as online quote tools wont recognise the plate until after delivery day".

Is this correct? I presume I can get a quote online and simply call them when I get the reg through a week or so before delivery?
Yes. I got a quote without the reg (manually selecting the model and future delivery date) and the quote price has been locked-in for 30 days. I simply need to log back in or call them back once I get it and it will be fine.
I suggest you do it now as the best prices are usually obtained 21 days before desired start date.

If anybody collecting from Southampton has received a text from Tesla telling them the collection will take place at the Horizon Cruise terminal you can take it from me that it is incorrect! The collection portacabin (like a cruise terminal but a tad smaller) is along W Bay Road as shown here:
View attachment 842602

The whole dock area is awash with MY and M3. I had the 1st collection of Q3!
There is a very busy line set up where the cars are washed down and any transport protections are removed.
They are then loaded on to transporters or taken to the Southampton delivery Centre.
Lots of transporters collecting.
A quick check at the shipping labels on the cars confirmed MORNING CHORUS and GLOVIS SUMMIT as the ships.
Happy motoring. Enjoy the new wheels

Yes. I got a quote without the reg (manually selecting the model and future delivery date) and the quote price has been locked-in for 30 days. I simply need to log back in or call them back once I get it and it will be fine.
I suggest you do it now as the best prices are usually obtained 21 days before desired start date.
Thanks. Yeah, three weeks before is next Friday so planning to get my quote sorted then.

The car was better prepared than my M3 was back in Aug 2019. No swirl marks and no tape residue anywhere.
The paint job looks much better. No mislaligned doors or odd panel gaps. Tyres were at 42psi.
The ride is firmer than M3 but I think the seating position is more comfortable (for me at least, I'm 6'3")
The type 2 cable is 7.5m long! (it was only 4m long in the M3). Granny charger supplied too. Parcel shelf was there.
It had 50% charge on collection and 5 miles on the clock.
Its perhaps worth noting that Winchester SC was 100% occupied (12 chargers) - probably just because it was a Friday.
Dr S3XY has asked ‘I wonder what Mr Miserable has named his car?’ She is also very pleased that you have your car and hopes you enjoy it as much as she is.

i dont have delivery location either :(
E8AE398E-8503-46A1-B4FD-C298C606EF44.jpeg

sorry maybe i am being a bit thick , but under overview i see , i also have completed tasks but no delivery options?

View attachment 842771
You normally don’t need to click on overview. But if your screen before that says “Please pay remaining balance before delivery” you don’t see the pre-delivery steps like in the previous screenshot anymore. Then you wouldn’t have access and the only way to know your delivery location would be to ask a Tesla advisor by phone or on the chat.

You normally don’t need to click on overview. But if your screen before that says “Please pay remaining balance before delivery” you don’t see the pre-delivery steps like in the previous screenshot anymore. Then you wouldn’t have access and the only way to know your delivery location would be to ask a Tesla advisor by phone or on the chat.
I will give them a ring, i may be getting home delivery, the original order was Bluewater, but even though my Bank had authorised the payment, Tesla failed to collect it, Finally an advisor told me to order another Y, as they could not find the RN number I had been given on their system and said my original order will cancel itself after a few weeks. It was a complete mess on their side, they even told me to email thier treasury in Amsterdam. I did re order in the end on the phone this time, to ensure they took my payment and did not recieve any correspondence on my original order until a month later. So perhaps Head Office will deliver as an apology, as i had so many messages from all over the place in then end regarding the original order and the last phone call i had, i was told all was in order and upto date.

1660943542161.png

Last edited:

I has to call the insurance company and they entered the Reg. No. Manually earlier this week for insurance commencing 02/09

Reactions: chwe