Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So. I got on live chat and said I could take earlier delivery if a same spec model became available. The advisor said he would put a note on my account to that effect. I suspect he did no such thing and was just trying to get rid of me but it made me feel a bit more hopeful of an earlier delivery 🤣

They must do something because when I called the second time, they said they could see notes had been added to say I could collect anywhere in the UK, that was before I told him.

It made absolutely no difference in the end though 🤣

My texts were
RN - 23/03/22
Action required - tell us your address for delivery on XX/XX/XX - 17/09/22
Confirmation that by delivery would be made to my address - 18/09/22
Text telling me I need to sign a deceleration sent to my email on delivery day - 19/08/22
Text with reg and VIN - 22/08/22

so a lot of nothing then a text pretty much everyday....
Thanks so much for that! Guess it's back to staring at my phone for a while longer...

They must be watching these threads as I just logged back in to check the documents and the rate has reverted back to 3.99 (phew).
Hopefully all this movement on the accounts means something is happening although no hidden VIN yet....

MYLR Black in and Out with 20 inductions, ordered 18th April.
I had same issue and emailed them and they gave me this reply:

thank you for your email and reaching out to Tesla Financial Services!

We have worked on extending your credit offer as we saw that it had expired and your estimated delivery is for September. In this process the interest rate updated shortly to the currently valid interest rate. However, this has also been corrected by us. As you can see in your Tesla account, the previously confirmed terms have been extended

Reactions: Rameses10
It's a little paranoid but you might want to access the configuration for the connector and set it to either just Tesla or authorised Tesla's only. I have heard one or two stories of brazen individuals parking up and just using peoples chargers. By default anyone can just use the connector to charger.
That would be a tad awkward when friends in non Tesla visit and can't charge. Just switch off the power (flip MCB) if you aren't around and think it might happen.

However, I suspect you didn't hear that first hand and it is yet another myth perpetuated by those with an anti-EV agenda. Just like the "lots of charging cables being stolen" which was BS.

I think it's fairly clear from the lack of 'I GOT A VIN!' posts that nothing really happened today. I've only seen one person say their EDD moved, everyone else's seems stable. Perhaps it will be tomorrow afternoon! Or maybe even later this week (i.e. GLOVIS SUN). If being very optimistic, then I guess technically there’s still about 3 hours left of the Texas work day…

Last edited:
Hmmmm….

I’ve been issued a VIN and have a confirmed delivery date of 15th Sept.

Now, won’t say who or what it is at this stage, but someone on here has quoted as having the same VIN as me, 4xx.

Is it feasible VINs can change even after delivery has been confirmed?
I guess I should just sit tight and wait for 1st Sept to get Reg / VIN, should I get it around then?

Ive been away this weekend and just catching with posts, kind of wish I’d stayed in blissful ignorance now 🙄

Hmmmm….

I’ve been issued a VIN and have a confirmed delivery date of 15th Sept.

Now, won’t say who or what it is at this stage, but someone on here has quoted as having the same VIN as me, 4xx.

Is it feasible VINs can change even after delivery has been confirmed?
I guess I should just sit tight and wait for 1st Sept to get Reg / VIN, should I get it around then?

Ive been away this weekend and just catching with posts, kind of wish I’d stayed in blissful ignorance now 🙄
Just to clarify, in case o didn’t understood your post correctly: 4xx has 3 other digits after that to make the full unique vin. We use 4xx like 423 to identify a batch, which can then contain 1000 individual vehicles. So if you’ve seen someone with the same 3 first digits VIN, doesn’t mean you got allocated their car. Just that they were made close together and are most likely onboard the same ship….
Are you sure it was the exact, same, full VIN?

Reactions: Toblerone