Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed the celebrations all kicking off as I’ve been offline for nearly 48hrs (managed to check app with a secure vpn connection at hotel). I also now have a VIN ***488** with new EDD 14th-28th Sept. Sorry I wasn’t around to send you all thumbs ups as it kicked off earlier today. Let’s hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for us and that you get your insurance and home chargers sorted. Any other folks north of hadrians wall without a collection point disclosed? All stuff I can sort out when I get home next week but I can relax now it’s finally happening and will happily collect from anywhere in our islands. Now, what do I tell Mrs Bob when I call her later? Will she still be interested? 🚘🎷😆😆😆 Many thanks to all you lovely people (too many to name but you know who you are) for keeping me and each other entertained and supported along this journey. It’s been a load of fun and and I will look forward to some postings of your new cars once you get them and some friendly waves as we pass each other at superchargers in the future.
Yay congrats! I think she will be interested, you should text her now and say all your virtual-stranger-forum-mates are giving you and each other high fives 😂🙌

Btw, do you mean 448 rather than 488? Seems a bit of a jump. If 448, then we're in the crew who just made the Suspension Upgrade batch.... all the other lower numbers missed out!

Joking of course... luv y'all 447's and below :p

Yay congrats! I think she will be interested, you should text her now and say all your virtual-stranger-forum-mates are giving you and each other high fives 😂🙌

Btw, do you mean 448 rather than 488? Seems a bit of a jump. If 448, then we're in the crew who just made the Suspension Upgrade batch.... all the other lower numbers missed out!

Yes 448, should have gone to spec savers. 🥸

Reactions: QuanTim and WllXM

Just out of interest, where did you get the info on the suspension upgrade and the batch numbers? I haven't seen it, or maybe missed it. I have seen that MYs in Aus have the upgrade and they were made around the same time as the current round of upcoming cars, They seemed to start around 41x

I missed the celebrations all kicking off as I’ve been offline for nearly 48hrs (managed to check app with a secure vpn connection at hotel). I also now have a VIN ***488** with new EDD 14th-28th Sept. Sorry I wasn’t around to send you all thumbs ups as it kicked off earlier today. Let’s hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for us and that you get your insurance and home chargers sorted. Any other folks north of hadrians wall without a collection point disclosed? All stuff I can sort out when I get home next week but I can relax now it’s finally happening and will happily collect from anywhere in our islands. Now, what do I tell Mrs Bob when I call her later? Will she still be interested? 🚘🎷😆😆😆 Many thanks to all you lovely people (too many to name but you know who you are) for keeping me and each other entertained and supported along this journey. It’s been a load of fun and and I will look forward to some postings of your new cars once you get them and some friendly waves as we pass each other at superchargers in the future.
Congrats! Being selfish and seeing you are a Glasgow pick up (and similar EDD) and ordered after me I am reading this as I have a hidden VIN 🥳🥳

Reactions: StarbucksBob
Just out of interest, where did you get the info on the suspension upgrade and the batch numbers? I haven't seen it, or maybe missed it. I have seen that MYs in Aus have the upgrade and they were made around the same time as the current round of upcoming cars, They seemed to start around 41x
Never mind, I just read the small print 🤣

Anyone else leasing with ALD, can you tell me how I'm able to upload my drivers license? Tesla rang to say delivery can't be scheduled until that step is complete, but clicking through to ALD, I just see the generic "You're well on your way" with no option to upload documents, etc?

View attachment 844093
I had to call them up, then email them to the agent. It’s a faff, but that’s how you do it.

Reactions: Toppyawe
Just out of interest, where did you get the info on the suspension upgrade and the batch numbers?

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey
1661263977329.gif

I had to call them up, then email them to the agent. It’s a faff, but that’s how you do it.
Thanks! I did call ALD and they didn't know anything about uploading a driver's license. I was approved instantly so no more documents were needed at the time. I'm back in the queue for Tesla (busy day, >20 minute queues) to try and make some sense of this.

Reactions: StarbucksBob
Same for many today, which is great! Anyone any idea of timing between 'Hidden VIN' to the actual text message or VIN assignment?
Summary from last Wednesday when people got delivery msgs:-

Quick summary (with assumption that Glovis Companion is the carrier)

06 Aug (20:11 UTC) - Ship departs Shanghai
09 Aug (15:30 UTC) - Hidden VINs start appearing
17 Aug (11:30 UTC) - Texts confirming Delivery dates start coming (08 Sep to 20 Sep) [ship 6 days to Suez]