Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the "Tesla Action Required" text just a day after finding the VIN in the source code and see that they expect me to collect from Staines. I initially requested Southampton (when there was a choice of Southampton or Bluewater) but Staines actually works out better for me! How did they know?
Booked for 22nd.

Reactions: Toppyawe
I am not sure, for me it has always been there. I ordered directly through Tesla, and then about a week after the order I filled out all the paperwork with ALD. ALD immediately approved me (which was a surprise, they didn't ask for any extra information!) Since then, about 6 times I have had a text from Tesla saying I need to complete the payment section before I take delivery - every time I get the text I call Tesla, and they tell me the order is there and the finance is approved.

So short answer - I have no idea! 🤷‍♂️
Bizarre. I did exactly the same process, but ALD took mine over and Tesla refunded my £200 deposit. Just had home delivery text confirmation, so all is good…

Can you switch online, or did you have to call them?

Over the phone.

Thanks for posting, based on your post I just rang them up and will now go on the same tariff:)

Good stuff!

I've been trying for a few days to get through to Octopus to switch but I never seem to get anyone.

40p is eye watering though but I guess it's only going to get worse. I am getting solar + battery in a few months. I do wonder what'll happen if the government do eventually step in and help the cap prices. If the limit is lower than current fixes, I wonder if we'd get it dropped to match. Of course, the chance of this happening is slim to none.

I am already with Octopus Energy and looked at switching, but then I saw the rates and nearly had a heart attack!

Currently fixed until next may with a standing charge of 23.89p and unit rate of 17.64p, so I’ll just charge in the middle of the day because I can 😂

Zero point in you moving if you're fixed now.

The 40p in day and 7.5p 4 hours and 8.25p 5 hours are going to look very very cheap come Fridays announcement. I have a PW on the way in a few months hopefully to live on the 8p.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetpanda
Bizarre. I did exactly the same process, but ALD took mine over and Tesla refunded my £200 deposit. Just had home delivery text confirmation, so all is good…
I wonder if it is the home delivery?

I just spoke to ALD because I now have a confirmed pickup date, but I still haven't heard anything from them. They said they are still waiting on the reg details from Tesla and then they will ask for payment/direct debit etc. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Andy_RS2113
Great, my dates fall on my holiday! Supposedly a 20 min wait to get to the reps on the phone - just one day to the right would be perfect!
Edit: Dates offered are 21-23 September from Staines (the location I didn't choose nor was allowed to change via chat yesterday).
I can help you out… why don’t I just take your order in exchange you can wait another 3 months for my one 😅
Has anyone on this forum who has ordered in the first two weeks of June received a VIN and delivery date?
I’m June 18th - EDD showing Nov-Dec. Nothing on my side.

Did you or your wife get the delivery text btw? Same VIN batch/OD as me - should've got one, no?
Yep, posted elsewhere,... too many similar threads with multiple repeated posts. Don't know if I'm coming or going🤣🤣

Text came through same time as others, just 3 day choices, 28, 29 or 30th Sept. Picked 30th, 10:30AM. Gives us a nice start to the weekend. Also lets me take the M3LR back to base to see some old friends:oops:

Best of luck with yours👍

Argh! I was at the yard with my horse when I got the delivery text and panicked, thought i should book immediately just in case, booked Saturday 24 September at 12:00, Staines, thinking Friday work traffic may be a bit scary and Saturday my son will be around to hold my hand. It's all happening really fast, shame a week after my daughter goes to Uni so my wife will take the Mini instead. I even phoned the Zappi installers to start the ball rolling and to get my main fuse updated, whoohoo! it's happening!!!!! :)

Got a renewed px offer also. Quote is around 2k less than that given in May, which is a significant percentage (it’s an older car I’m trading in).
Edit: I’ve not done many miles since the last offer.

The quote expires on 23-Sep, so hopefully should be driving a Y by then!

Anyone know how long an offer on Motorway.co.uk is valid for? Should I wait a few weeks before trying them?
The motorway offer will last as long as the offering dealer wants it to, but I think a week is a fair minimum.

I sold my Discovery through motorway back in May to a JLR dealer and was really happy with the whole process. IIRC my car was actually picked up around 10-14 days after the auction.

Reactions: Toblerone
Argh! I was at the yard with my horse when I got the delivery text and panicked, thought i should book immediately just in case, booked Saturday 24 September at 12:00, Staines, thinking Friday work traffic may be a bit scary and Saturday my son will be around to hold my hand. It's all happening really fast, shame a week after my daughter goes to Uni so my wife will take the Mini instead. I even phoned the Zappi installers to start the ball rolling and to get my main fuse updated, whoohoo! it's happening!!!!! :)
Just 2 hours after me! I guess I’ll need to start digging out one of the delivery checklist thingys so if I follow that close, I’ll probably be there for an hour and if your early, we could indeed cross paths!

I was offered 27, 28, 29 Sept for Southampton collection for a VIN that triggered overnight on Monday ( so presumably car on Glovis Sunrise).

Given that all they have to do at Southampton is drive it off the ship, park it, then wipe it with a dirty cloth, I am not sure why the collection dates offered are so late into Sept. I think the ship will be here mid Sept at the latest?!

Also call into question how on earth they are going to fulfill orders that arrive on later ships in time for the Q3 cut off....lots of overtime on the docks I presume!

I also got a text to book collection. Hidden VIN assigned yesterday (447 series). Dates offered were 28-30 Sept at Staines. I picked 28-Sep @11:00 am. Was hoping to meet @QuanTim but unfortunately he is collecting on 24-Sep. Happy to meet any members who will be in Staines on 28-Sep.
Ah sorry man! Would’ve been great to cross paths! Sounds like there’s going to be lots of us with delivery dates and times set in the next few days so reckon there’ll be a lot of people crossing paths!