Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently in Menorca on the south coast - Y due for delivery courtesy of Glovis Companion which is at 18 knots just south of us. I make it about 150 miles - I wonder if there is a telescope here I could borrow to see my car!
Lol, I was on a boat only yesterday sailing down the southern coast of Menorca looking for ships and said the same thing to my wife!

Reactions: MattYLR
Since my delivery confirmation yesterday I am now getting ‘Tesla Reminder’ texts………………. As if I d forget 😂😂😂😂 don’t they know it’s all I’ve been thinking about!!! Yes I know what it looks like and I know how it drives, but what I can’t wait for is seeing how it looks on my drive every morning.

Re: shipping. I am currently on south coast of Isle of Wight and suddenly I too am staring longingly at the big boats slowly making their way to Southampton. My family think I’ve gone crazy!

For anyone who's taken delivery, rather than collected your MY.. I'm assuming the delivery driver turns up with a trailer full of vehicles, and isn't going to wait around whilst I carry out a thorough inspection.. so what happens if there's a problem? Report to Tesla?

I would guess they will be individually on flat beds as they’ll struggle to get multi car transporters down residential streets. But a good question for anyone who’s had one delivered….

For anyone who's taken delivery, rather than collected your MY.. I'm assuming the delivery driver turns up with a trailer full of vehicles, and isn't going to wait around whilst I carry out a thorough inspection.. so what happens if there's a problem? Report to Tesla?

Normally they arrive on a single low loader, but some do have a trailer to carry two at a time.

Depending on the driver they may show you some of the controls but any issues they will tell you to just log it on the app. You have 100 miles/a few days to log anything and Tesla will assume the problem existed before delivery and correct.

Reactions: HertsChapY

From what I've seen, and read, they turn up on a small flatbead and the driver simply makes you sign and disappears. I don't think they'll have anything to do with showing you around the car and I don't think they hang around and wait for you to check it over either.

AFAIK non of the Octopus EV tariffs are fixed, so when the cap goes up around 80% tomorrow their all likely to rise, no matter when you take it out.
Both Intelligent Octopus and Go are fixed for a year. You also normally get the rate on the date you start the switch, occasionally you need to contact them once switched to get it sorted.

So far (28 Aug) the rates haven't changed but with the new cap now announced they will soon, so switch ASAP. Unless you are on a good fixed rate until 2023 it is going to be cheaper than any other tariff irrespective of how much you use off peak, due to more rises over winter.

If anyone needs a referral code then PM me.

In my experience Octopus can’t apply Go or IO until after they’ve adopted your smart meter, which can be several weeks after the switch is completed. During that period you’ll be on their flexible plan.

Whether they will grandfather your Go/IO rates in after the switch (ie you get the “old” rates rather than any new rates), I’ll take your word for.
This chat was moved to a new Octopus/energy-crises thread. I’m currently switching and need to wait a month for my smart meter install, just hoping they honour the rate from when k started the switch to Go (yesterday). When I spoke to them they said they would, but who knows… I’ll tell you in 4 week.

Silver lining, there is chatter that VAT may be reduced by 2.5-5% would be ~3k off a Model Y 😉
The UK government has no interest in subsidising the cost of expensive EVs, especially in these difficult times. The now ended PICG made that crystal clear.

The salary sacrifice schemes and low BIK are still a very attractive option for those who can take advantage. That too is costing the government, so it is expected BIK will rise substantially post 2025.

In the proposed transitional phase prior to 2035 manufacturers will have to sell a certain percentage of EVs, which may require more retail discounts than today, especially if company and salary sacrifice becomes less attractive. Details at link below

Reducing VAT down from 20% is a very bad idea because it benefits the wealthy not those struggling to pay their bills, mortgage, rent, etc. There is no VAT on food, children's clothes, etc. and already little on energy.

From what I've seen, and read, they turn up on a small flatbead and the driver simply makes you sign and disappears. I don't think they'll have anything to do with showing you around the car and I don't think they hang around and wait for you to check it over either.
Can confirm that when my M3 arrived in November, it was on a trailer being towed by a pickup truck. All the driver did was unload it and then Jeff off. No signatures as it’s all done online. I’m excepting similar for our second vehicle in september