Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glovis Sun and Glovis crystal are now in roughly in the same positions as Glovis challenge and Glovis sunrise when big vin drop happened early hours of Tuesday 23rd. This really will be the last uk hopes but I like most others think that sunrise is the last one for UK this Q and all other ships will be for EU (probably southern ports like Barcelona and Koper). For those still hoping, best wishes and for some maybe there will be a chance of a cancellation from companion and sunrise.

Last edited:
Can confirm that when my M3 arrived in November, it was on a trailer being towed by a pickup truck. All the driver did was unload it and then Jeff off. No signatures as it’s all done online. I’m excepting similar for our second vehicle in september
I thought that was the case, I've already had the email from Tesla telling me to be ready to digitally sign once the driver arrives. I'm fully expecting the driver to offload it and then be gone before I can even get it on the drive, no option to reject if I wanted.... not that I would.

I suppose tesla see this as the best way since they give you the 100 miles or 24hrs to report problems on collection / delivery.

Reactions: HertsChapY
Question to the UK folks. Has anyone managed to get a decent EV insurance. Prices are anywhere from £1600 with directline (suggested by Tesla) however, their online reviews are less than exciting. Many provides on gocompare I never heard of and it goes up to £3000 annual depending who you get a quote from.

I posted a comment on an insurance thread that I got mine into 500s. With protected NCB and legal it’s at 587 with Churchill for 587. Still more than double my X3 diesel. My wife and I have 3 lots of long NCBs as we have 3 cars and are in our 50s with pretty much blemish free records. I found DL who we used a few years back to be up around 1000 and admiral too about this price. Hastings was closer to 680 but aviava and QMH would even quote! Just keep looking around and remember 22days prior to cover start date is alleged to be the cheapest date to lock in best price. Hope this helps and best wishes, SBB.

Question to the UK folks. Has anyone managed to get a decent EV insurance. Prices are anywhere from £1600 with directline (suggested by Tesla) however, their online reviews are less than exciting. Many provides on gocompare I never heard of and it goes up to £3000 annual depending who you get a quote from.
Our Y is insured through LV, £500 and change for the year. YMMV of course.

Reactions: DWINTER
No VIN, no new EDD (18 Sep - 30 Sep) but I did get a Trade-In price on the 23rd....

Received a call back from Tesla just now (after pressing #1 in the phone queue on Thursday :D) advising that I accept or decline the offer ASAP as it was delaying any potential match. This was opposite to the advice I got from Tesla previously

Just declined the Trade-In and I see this immediately
1661684455091.png

🤷‍♂️

Still no VIN

Reactions: DWINTER
No VIN, no new EDD (18 Sep - 30 Sep) but I did get a Trade-In price on the 23rd....

Received a call back from Tesla just now (after pressing #1 in the phone queue on Thursday :D) advising that I accept or decline the offer ASAP as it was delaying any potential match. This was opposite to the advice I got from Tesla previously

View attachment 846111

🤷‍♂️

Still no VIN
Standard page format when trade in removed. It’s just Elon tempting those to pay prompt to add to his bank balance.
Ignore until you get VIN, delivery date, reg and at least a couple of reminders to pay.
Nothing will happen, you won’t lose your place or anything sinister. They WANT you have this car remember👍

View attachment 846111

🤷‍♂️

Still no VIN

My Dad's had this since March. EDD Nov/Jan 2023. Ignore.

Standard page format when trade in removed. It’s just Elon tempting those to pay prompt to add to his bank balance.
Ignore until you get VIN, delivery date, reg and at least a couple of reminders to pay.
Nothing will happen, you won’t lose your place or anything sinister. They WANT you have this car remember👍
My simple advice here is do not pay anything to Tesla until they put the invoice for the vehicle in your account. The invoice has the VIN printed on it too.

For some reason I still do not have the invoice showing up on my account, however I can see the pre contract agreement and the lending agreements with VIN etc.

I did pay off the balance a few days back and it is showing in the account. Called Tesla a day or two ago and they could see an invoice and they sent me “internal” Tesla invoice which has all the details.

I will chase for the final invoice to be visible on the account in the coming days…

Reactions: Utumno
I found via go-compare / CTM quotes were around £5k+. Went direct with Admiral (who I'm already with) and got £1k (24y/o, good postcode, 5y NCB). So I'd recommend them, not that I've ever had to actually claim through them though...

I found via go-compare / CTM quotes were around £5k+. Went direct with Admiral (who I'm already with) and got £1k (24y/o, good postcode, 5y NCB). So I'd recommend them, not that I've ever had to actually claim through them though...
They have a pretty good rep from everything I've read. Long may you not have to claim from your car insurer 🖖

There is plenty of reasonable EV insurance. Just the MY is expensive. I started a thread the other day and a number of people have shared their surprise at the quotes.

Reactions: _Dave_ and DWINTER
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread. Has anyone who is leasing/salary sacrifice but having to arrange there own insurance found any reasonable quotes? Several of the usual suspect insurance companies don't seem willing to insure the vehicle as I will not be the registered owner and keeper. Last time I leased a few years ago this wasn't an issue.

Same boat as me, but I ordered in July.

Given that it looks like Q3 is almost over, how much of the backlog of orders from Q1/Q2 were fulfilled. Trying to get an idea of whether I am looking at a Q4 or Q1 2023 delivery now.
For Model Ys it seems that it got up to mid-May with a few sneaky June orders. Also seen some June orders get cancellations.

I’d say it’s not too unreasonable for us July folk to hope for this year, as they did mid-March through mid-May this quarter (aside from the outliers ofcourse)

They have a pretty good rep from everything I've read. Long may you not have to claim from your car insurer 🖖
I wouldn't touch admiral if it was free! Someone brake checked me 18 months ago and despite having dashcam proof, they ruled in the other guys favour. After arguing my case they admitted they only looked at the moment of impact, so they ignored the fact the guy had raced passed me (I had front and back cams) and nearly put me into the side of an artic, and then told me it wasn't worth their time looking at the video again.

Funnily enough, when I cancelled my policy, they sent me a renewal for half what I'd paid the previous year and then tried to convince me to stay! Absolute crooks in my opinion!

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread. Has anyone who is leasing/salary sacrifice but having to arrange there own insurance found any reasonable quotes? Several of the usual suspect insurance companies don't seem willing to insure the vehicle as I will not be the registered owner and keeper. Last time I leased a few years ago this wasn't an issue.
Yeah - know where you're coming from, as my quote was mid 400s before I was advised it had to be in lease company name.

Current best is 646 + cashback through Uswitch (Admiral as the provider). Was getting £1k plus quotes.

12k per annum, business use (50% for each), two drivers with 20+ years licence and 5 years NCB (having to get letter from fleet policy underwriters which Admiral confirmed is acceptable). Quiet rural location in Scotland may help.

Reactions: DrPhlegm