Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, as an ex-BMW and ex-JLR customer I’m pretty worried about quality. Good to know you’ve had great experiences.
My first M3P replaced a BMW 7 Series and I had no complaints about either of them.

We also did a side by side comparison of a MIC M3SR+ and a one year old Merc E class. The panel gaps were similar on both, mostly good, some OK, one or two iffy but not problematic. Nothing to choose between them.

Paint on the Teslas has been a bit orange peel if you are detail conscious (I admit to a bit of that else why would I be doing comparisons 😉 ).

Upside of the simple robust faux leather Tesla interior is that after 2 years and 30k miles (given a good hoover and wipe over) it looks just like the day you got it (unlike the leather in Merc/BMW which will be showing some signs of age).

I'm moving from an M3 to an MY - wondering if anyone knows whether 'premium connectivity' follows the driver or the car? I'll ping Tesla and ask too.

Also - any experience with moving cars on TeslaFi - I'm not ready to give that up, it's a constant source of geeky pleasure for me....
Yep, I am moving Teslafi too. When you factory reset your current car Teslafi notices it no longer has a token. It then gives you a message about how to add a new car. You need to decide whether to reset your Teslafi data for the new car (clean start) or roll over the old data and start adding to it. I will do the latter.

Reactions: ME_UK
I got my reg number last week but it's not recognised yet by any insurer databases so I can't proceed with my (extortionate) quote yet. Does anybody know how long it takes to filter through to the insurers?
It won't be registered until the day before you collect and then it can take a few days to show on the database, it needs to be done manually by the insurer.

Reactions: Skenno
It won't be registered until the day before you collect and then it can take a few days to show on the database, it needs to be done manually by the insurer.
I would think they are either using the centralised MID ( motor insurance database) or just using a direct API into the DVLA. Either way you are right that it would not appear until at least the day after collection. Longer if its a weekend but I don't think they need to do anything "manually".

Reactions: Skenno
I would think they are either using the centralised MID ( motor insurance database) or just using a direct API into the DVLA. Either way you are right that it would not appear until at least the day after collection. Longer if its a weekend but I don't think they need to do anything "manually".

I've added our registration online through admiral no issues 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Toblerone
Yikes - heard about it happening before, but my hidden VIN just disappeared! Thought it was taking a while for them to send out the collection slot text 😢 Hope it’s just a glitch otherwise guess it’s Q4 for me too..
Is it just missing from https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders ?
that's what mine has done, if use the API or view the source on the order page its still there, just missing from that one link.

Reactions: htlon
Is it just missing from https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders ?
that's what mine has done, if use the API or view the source on the order page its still there, just missing from that one link.
Mine too missing but had my reg text and Vin today. App clearly says I’m collected on 28th as it’s been booked in for a week and also I spoke to Tesla today as I had a random email to pay the invoice as I am leasing.

Mine too missing but had my reg text and Vin today. App clearly says I’m collected on 28th as it’s been booked in for a week and also I spoke to Tesla today as I had a random email to pay the invoice as I am leasing.
My Hidden VIN has gone walkabout as well, although I have a collection date confirmed, no reg yet but the VIN is in my conditional Sale agreement. Tesla also text me today asking me to pay the invoice, yet no final invoice showing atm

Not sure why but my mate has just done the same as I did a few days ago - gone to www.Goskippy.com and got a really good deal on his new MYLR that he's picking up in a weeks time. Maybe worth other having a look..................
Not saying it will be cheaper but all options are worth exploring when the MYLR insurance rates seem so high.
Yeah, they just quoted me £3,400. Not for me thank you :)

• Funny
Reactions: WW7490
Sorted my insurance out today. Added to the Admiral Multicar and did it online manualy with the number plate (text received today) £850 per annum with Protected NCB and hire car. Pretty simple but now insured ready for collection on the 28th.
I’m also collecting on 28th. Received text today but only reminding of payment due (finance deposit). Not planning on paying that until much nearer the time but is the release of the reg dependant on clearing the o/s balance?