Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look what I passed this afternoon on the M42 heading off at the NEC in Birmingham.

My spec on the top back😂😂

#teamblue20

(P.S phone in cradle)
DE020B80-931B-4C35-8ACB-B3E5CF3A3F7A.jpeg

Hi, I am picking up 28th September. I have my VIN and Reg, but how long before I pick up will ALD contact me to arrange for the payment and signing of the lease and how do I make the payment? I have asked both Tesla and ALD and I am none the wiser!

PS I ordered the 19inch Turbine wheels from Tessories yesterday (as they were in stock), They arrived this morning! Cant wait to have a look at them when I get home and I will check and post the orientation of the wheels trims.

Hi, I am picking up 28th September. I have my VIN and Reg, but how long before I pick up will ALD contact me to arrange for the payment and signing of the lease and how do I make the payment? I have asked both Tesla and ALD and I am none the wiser!
I’m with Lex and signed the lease as part of the order process. ALD may be different of course, but seems a bit remiss of them that they haven’t asked you to sign anything yet!

With a lease you normally pay the initial payment (3M/6M/9M) after delivery - 7-10 days?

Reactions: Luro

PS I ordered the 19inch Turbine wheels from Tessories yesterday (as they were in stock), They arrived this morning! Cant wait to have a look at them when I get home and I will check and post the orientation of the wheels trims.
I am picking up my car on the 13th, I got the ALD ‘order update’ email on the 23rd of August… hope this provides some insight regarding the timelines

Reactions: Luro
Just got a call from Tesla. Appears my car (which I was picking up next Wednesday) has a catastrophic fault which means it is undriveable - they detected this at Southampton. Looks like they have found another car but it must be on the next ship - as it won't be here until the 30th.

On the one hand I'm glad I didn't get the car and for it to be undrivable - on the other hand another couple of weeks to wait... ho hum what can yer do.

Just got a call from Tesla. Appears my car (which I was picking up next Wednesday) has a catastrophic fault which means it is undriveable - they detected this at Southampton. Looks like they have found another car but it must be on the next ship - as it won't be here until the 30th.

On the one hand I'm glad I didn't get the car and for it to be undrivable - on the other hand another couple of weeks to wait... ho hum what can yer do.
I've recently been wondering how many of each design combination remains unallocated on each ship for just these eventualities. I guess there is probably some lucky few who will get a last minute call once they've checked all cars.

Good and bad news at the same time. It kind of worries me about QC/QA that it found its way all the way to Southampton without being noticed unless they caused damage themselves or something else…I know every day counts after all, but at least it won’t be that long for the next one and will be a good one 🤞

Reactions: maigrait
Good and bad news at the same time. It kind of worries me about QC/QA that it found its way all the way to Southampton without being noticed unless they caused damage themselves or something else…I know every day counts after all, but at least it won’t be that long for the next one and will be a good one 🤞
It was surely drivable to get it onto the boat. Sounds like someone may have made a bit of a mistake at this end.

Hmm, no surprise, I messed it up, that is why it hasn't appeared yet... (I didn't put the RN number in the transaction description like it clearly says to do).
Sorting out via [email protected] as advised by the phone support just now.
Hello, slightly off topic but, I’m having difficulty contacting Tesla about financing. Do you know what the pop email address is for? I’ve been submitting emails via my account but no response and it’s getting frustrating now and my car arrives in two weeks! Thanks

Ah that is bad news - sorry to hear.
I just hope someone expecting a MSM car from Glovis Sunrise isn’t going to get a bigger disappointment next!

I was relieved to see that you’re *not* #TeamBlue 😅

Well, that's a scary thought for all to-be collectors in the upcoming weeks... Sorry for you and fingers crossed that they will deliver on this replacement promise!