Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone done a collection from Staines recently?

How was it & are they ok with customers with doing the initial checks before driving away? Hoping they don’t attempt to clean it with their dirty cloths.
They were great with me. Did the paperwork inside, then just gave me the cards and told me where to find it. I moved it to where I'd left my trade-in Golf GTE (unlocked) and transferred my stuff over, then did a full inspection. All great other than a scuff on the driver's side door. I pointed it out the the CS reps, who had a go at it with some T-cut, then went to get a rotary machine, which took care of it. I never felt rushed or ignored

Which is the same as WBAC and Motorway…
Motorway/CarWoW auction the car on your behalf the others take a risk by giving you a price then auctioning for themselves later. The risk/convenience comes at a price.

The most you’ll get is private selling (more risk) or via a traditional dealer who is probably dodging tax on a new car sale by writing off a loss on a second hand purchase.

Reactions: Toblerone
Motorway/CarWoW auction the car on your behalf the others take a risk by giving you a price then auctioning for themselves later. The risk/convenience comes at a price.

The most you’ll get is private selling (more risk) or via a traditional dealer who is probably dodging tax on a new car sale by writing off a loss on a second hand purchase.
I sold my e-class back to Mercedes. They beat the quoted prices I was getting on motorway etc. I was aware that I may get more by selling through one of those auction sites but the convenience of just dropping the car at the local Merc garage convinced me. They knew what the car was like as they had just serviced it. It was simple. Sign a couple of forms and walked out. Finance, service agreements, tax etc all sorted for me.
I was put off selling privately by a friend who said he had so many time wasters (one guy literally kicked the tyres) and people seriously low balling him to one guy who got very angry when he refused a stupid low offer and kept making abusive phone calls through the night for several weeks after that. The thought of having to get the police involved in selling my car put me right off.

Last edited:
So here is my pre-launch check list, T -4 days!
  1. Octopus Go locked in: ✅(Will look into Intelligent when I get the car)
  2. 32 Amp charge point installed: ✅
  3. Money transferred to Tesla Finance w/RN as ref: ✅ (forgot to do that in one of my tests)
  4. eSigned sales agreement: ✅ (its now sinking in! GETTING A FLIPPIN MY TESLA! 🤩)
  5. Sent Tesla Prep link to kids: ✅ (backup inspectors 🤓 )
  6. Confidently book train tickets as train strikes are now postponed: ✅
  7. Ready small bag of accessories to bring along: ✅ (rear USB-C hub, cables, phone holders, jack adapters, etc.) < NB: links for ref, no affiliation
  8. 3D print floor vent grate guard: ✅(had to use my 3D printer for something while waiting :D)
  9. Place driving licence somewhere where I wont forget it: ✅
    ...and finally, last and most time wasting piece to this roller coaster...
  10. Pay for insurance 😣‼️- Its a toss between Flow £600 and Direct Line £640 - DL has cheaper glass repair compared to Flow but not sure which will be the best to deal with when any pooh hist the fan.
Just over 5 month wait and its all getting real yo!

May you all have a great delivery experience!
Please let us know if the usb hub works with data as the last time I heard the data side was disabled due to chip shortage… Only power for charging 🤨🤕🤕

Please let us know if the usb hub works with data as the last time I heard the data side was disabled due to chip shortage… Only power for charging 🤨🤕🤕
I think you're right - Toby did a good job of summarising in the Q2 collections thread - you can buy a new USB module @Toblerone

Ha, the countdown is via an app
Safe to say this is now downloaded 👏🏼👏🏼

My car is still 10 days away.

Perhaps @KennethS who inspired the purchase can advise (or the person who in turn inspired him!)
I installed the USB module and the ports now are both power (as before) and data enabled. I also added a JOWUA hub extender bar which brings port access to the top of the console. JOWUA Hub Bar

Just received a bad news for my collection on Sep 21 in Bluewater.

Just got a message from Tesla saying:
Tesla Action Required - Due to logistical challenges as a result of the State Funeral on Monday 19th September, we will need to reschedule your Model Y collection appointment. Please select another slot here: *** Not ready for your Model Y or need help? Reply here.

Lots of troubles. Already bought my train tickets and insurance. Only Sep 29 is available for reschedule, but I am not free during Sep 26 - 29 and I need to use this car on Sep 30.

Lots of troubles. Already bought my train tickets and insurance. Only Sep 29 is available for reschedule, but I am not avaialble during Sep 26 - 29 and I need to use this car on Sep 30.
Same story - I'm calling Tesla - given Monday seems to be rescheduled to Saturday, I'm not sure why there's a whole week of delay been imposed. Makes no sense.

Lots of troubles. Already bought my train tickets and insurance. Only Sep 29 is available for reschedule, but I am not avaialble during Sep 26 - 29 and I need to use this car on Sep 30.
That's a bit *sugar*. Maybe try and push back? I am scheduled to collect on the 22nd at Bluewater so am awaiting the same message to be honest...

Let me know how you get on.

Reactions: mr_rxn

Lots of troubles. Already bought my train tickets and insurance. Only Sep 29 is available for reschedule, but I am not free during Sep 26 - 29 and I need to use this car on Sep 30.
Exactly the same here. Waiting for a call back to see if other availability. I can’t believe a single BH can delay delivery by 9 days?!