Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came across this yesterday and ordered it for Hogarth. Fiver cheaper than Amazon and straight from seller. Looks like it’s recommended by all major car makers and if the tyre can be repaired the sealant is easily washed out and doesn’t mess up the TPMS ResQ Tyre Repair Kit - AirMan UK

PS JUST NOTICED IVE HAD OVER 500 👍 CHEERS EVERYONE.
I thought the issues with any of the gunk type repairs is Tesla use acoustic tyres with a foam lining and the sealant doesn't tend to get to the actual hole? Bit late to mention it now I guess as you've bought it

Thank you for the support, you lot are gold!

So, we are back on and they got us a different car VIN:426 (same spec) to pick up same time and place!

Prior to this I broke the news to the kids/wife and they were beyond gutted (basically gutted they told all their friends we are getting it this weekend) but boy did they jump for joy when they heard we are back on track! 😁

Like many wise graduates said before us, you ain't got the car until you are driving away in it!

Wishing you all many turbulent free deliveries!

I will report back tomorrow as to how it all goes 🤞

So what type does Tesla need? I thought it was exactly the same but can find out when I pick up Hogarth.

You’re better off thinking of the tyre gunk as a 50/50 temporary fix. It might work or it might not, it depends on the specifics of the puncture. This “maybe” is because of the acoustic tyre gunk.

If it doesn’t work you’re still in the same fix so I tend to suggest having gunk with you regardless. It might save you a breakdown call-out, or it might not.

Reactions: ElectricPolice

So, we are back on and they got us a different car VIN:426 (same spec) to pick up same time and place!

Prior to this I broke the news to the kids/wife and they were beyond gutted (basically gutted they told all their friends we are getting it this weekend) but boy did they jump for joy when they heard we are back on track! 😁

Like many wise graduates said before us, you ain't got the car until you are driving away in it!

Glad you got a different car! Otherwise you’d always have that at the back of your mind 👍

And kudos for making the family ride the delivery rollercoaster!

I would certainly be asking questions if they gave you the same car!

Happy for you none the less!
Congrats to everyone else too

• Love
Reactions: Daedalus
Glad you got a different car! Otherwise you’d always have that at the back of your mind 👍

And kudos for making the family ride the delivery rollercoaster!
I would certainly be asking questions if they gave you the same car!

Happy for you none the less!
Congrats to everyone else too
Thank you... Exactly my thinking too! I was telling the rep that if it's not working now that doesn't inspire confidence to have a car fixed before it's handed over to me.

And yes I had to share the lows and highs with the family as I could not bear it. Felt so good to get the good news that they found another one and it's working 100%, thank goodness!

They said they will fully charge it for us so it's all ready for the journey home, which is nice. 😊

Bag with accessories packed and ready! Got some kit to try out and see if I can get an xbox wireless controller working via a dongle/USB hub in glove box as I hear Sonic is now available.🤣

OK, signing off now as it's been an intense day and hopefully tomorrow it will be graduation day! 🎉🎓🎉

Happy long weekend everyone!

I've kept all quiet feeling sorry for everyones dates being moved due to the BH and now this happened...

18 hrs before pickup I get a call from a Tesla rep to tell me my car is faulty as its just been taken off the transporter, so no delivery for now until they either fix it or find a another car! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

GRRRHHHAAAA!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! this roller coaster never ever bloody stops!

Sorry for shouting but I am actually laughing at how absurd this whole experience has been... even to the last hour.
I have a feeling many of these last minute ‘faulty’ issues are more likely to be inexperienced transporter drivers who are damaging the cars. As we know, even slight damage would mean big delays due to lack of spares currently available.

VIN appeared in the app last night. Still no eSign collection on the 24th (7 days).
I don’t even have vin in the app yet and also no e~sign documents. I do have the pre_contract stuff and have fully settled the account. Also same car spec as you, pcp and Glasgow collection. I tried to get a Tesla chat going yesterday but that option didn’t show up (agents all tied up presumably). Let me know how you get on and I will do likewise. I will ping them a text as that option worked for me when querying my reg number SG72….

Reactions: neuralsandwich
VIN appeared in the app last night.
VIN shows now for me in App. 1 week to go!

- Audi A5 should get collected on Tuesday (sold via Motorway).
- Train tickets to MAN booked. My family are coming for the trip to Trafford centre and to collect.
- Thinking about what accessories to take!
- sunglasses (wishful thinking for Manchester), microfibre cloth, usb-c cables for rear set passengers, memory card, is a compact tyre inflator overkill?!

VIN shows now for me in App. 1 week to go!

- Train tickets to MAN booked. My family are coming for the trip to Trafford centre and to collect.
- Thinking about what accessories to take!
- sunglasses (wishful thinking for Manchester), microfibre cloth, usb-c cables for rear set passengers, memory card, is a compact tyre inflator overkill?!
Take the inflator, just in case, but more important is a tyre pressure measurement device. Nobody needs a first drive with the tyres at 50psi.

There have been virtually no reports of over inflation even in Q2 but it never hurts to check the tyre pressures of any unfamiliar car before driving it any distance.

Just an aside here…SWMBO decided to take the plunge and go electric two weeks ago so her “pride-and-joy” Evoque has just been sold via Motorway. This is entirely due to the excellence of our Q2 Model Y, she adores the thing much to my disgust (see previous posts about vegan chocolate…)

Motorway estimated £42,480 for the Evoque , reserve was set at £42,480 and it sold for £46,048 to a Land Rover main dealer who is collecting next week. I don’t think we’d have realised that value as painlessly using any other service - WBAC quoted £42,500

So +1 for Motorway’s service here.

Congratulations to all who has collected their Teslas until now and good wishes in advance for those to collect in due course

My Collection ☑️ Real experience starts now…I happened to put my initial feedback in the link below on separate thread.

Thank you all for sharing your comments and input throughout and being in the journey together so far.

Hey @Utumno i’m thinking of using the Tessie app once I collect. I see you are active in the Tessie thread.
I assume you would you recommend it over TeslaFi - What are the features you like most? Do you have a referral code you can dm?

Note I’m purposely posting this in the delivery thread as there are others that may be making the same decision and can benefit.