Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the local Tesla branch today and that was their implication as well, though reserved of course.

I ordered early March but had to change to my works car scheme which was a much better deal so was forced to make a new order end of July.

Good luck on your current EDD :)
I ignored all the messaging and really believed my September EDD could be true… and then I told myself that I won’t fall for it again.

It’s not even Q4 and I’ve fallen for it again! Went for a test drive last week - the car felt a bit meh for the first 10 mins (traffic). Felt very deflated until I hit empty, open road. Zappi still due on Monday. Decided not to rearrange that!

If you can act quickly and are flexible with where you can collect then call Tesla and tell them.

My order was placed late June, my EDD was moved to Q4 but I rang them at the start of the week telling them I’d go anywhere to pick up a car and I had one assigned by Friday afternoon.
The “list” makes its end of quarter appearance once more…!

Anyone ordered late July/early August? Trying to figure out if I'll see the car this side of new year or is February more likely.
31st July (I think. I really can't recall but it was around then) EDD has been mid nov to end December pretty much since ordering. Lots of people suggested it may come sooner (charger installer, Tesla rep at Edinburgh when I popped infor another look etc) which got my hopes up but I'm resigned to December. Which is fine as I sold my car a month ago and been quite happy not paying a huge amount of money for that second car that wasn't getting used!

Collected "Carmen" this morning from Bluewater after an hour's delay to get across the bridge.
PXL_20220924_121618272~2.jpg

Alright. Picked up today. First thoughts: f**king SICK!

Some unorthodox observations (since I want to add to the conversation with some things that not many people talk about)

- the HEPA filter is underrated. Absolute clean fresh air all the time with the windows closed. I cracked the window on a small, not so busy, 30mph stretch and I smelt the stench like you would on your clothes if you just ran a two-stroke lawn mower around a 30 acre farm. Ok, I exaggerate because I know most cars can filter out most of the fumes and it’s possible I just don’t know any better, but I genuinely could smell the poor dinosaurs as soon as I opened the window even a tiny bit, the contrast was striking. It must be the HEPA, right? Feels so good.
- my partner didn’t say a word when I put the foot down. In our ratty little golf (good riddance), me accelerating from 10 to 40 miles an hour “fast” meant: jerky gear changes, an ugly revving engine making a sound like someone was literally mimicking a car engine noise through their nostrils, and it just not feeling all together safe which mean her moaning and complaining to me (and I was too, but at the car, of course). The model Y though, I swear she finds it fun because it feels *safe*. No fuss, no noise, just pure rocketry in dead silence. No noise from the passenger, no noise from me. Golden.
- the “arm rest” on the door (by the window). It’s so wide it’s amazing. So wide and perfect for me resting my arm - weird I know but I was like “whoah! My arm fits here perfectly! No slipping, no nothing, just pure resting”. Again, probably me not knowing any better but it feels so relaxing to drive casually with.
- Parking the car miles away. Ok so our first stop: Sainsburys for some breakfast. Get to the car park and find a spot as far away from others as possible. Check. Park there. Check… start walking to the shop. Check. Constantly look back at the car. Check. SEE SOMEONE PARK BESIDE YOU.. (how can I uncheck this part?). Check. See that they have plenty of spaces but literally park right next to you. Check. Stop and wait behind a lamppost to see what happens. Check. See the passenger struggle to open the door without hitting the car. Check. Think to yourself: don’t you bloody dare ding my car within an hour of ownership and start tightening up ready to make the dash back and blow your top. Check. See that they made it through the small gap and breath a sigh of relief. Check. Judge them for parking so darn close to you when they had alllll the other spaces in the lot to chose from. Check. Realise that this car might make one insane. Check.

I’ve had a few drinks this eve (celebrating of course), am sleep deprived and tired from all the excitement so not the best for making coherent posts. But what a day to be savoured.

Edit. Forgot a pic:

996F9769-7C2B-43DC-B723-7F83B663F897.jpeg

Some unorthodox observations (since I want to add to the conversation with some things that not many people talk about)

- the HEPA filter is underrated. Absolute clean fresh air all the time with the windows closed. I cracked the window on a small, not so busy, 30mph stretch and I smelt the stench like you would on your clothes if you just ran a two-stroke lawn mower around a 30 acre farm. Ok, I exaggerate because I know most cars can filter out most of the fumes and it’s possible I just don’t know any better, but I genuinely could smell the poor dinosaurs as soon as I opened the window even a tiny bit, the contrast was striking. It must be the HEPA, right? Feels so good.
- my partner didn’t say a word when I put the foot down. In our ratty little golf (good riddance), me accelerating from 10 to 40 miles an hour “fast” meant: jerky gear changes, an ugly revving engine making a sound like someone was literally mimicking a car engine noise through their nostrils, and it just not feeling all together safe which mean her moaning and complaining to me (and I was too, but at the car, of course). The model Y though, I swear she finds it fun because it feels *safe*. No fuss, no noise, just pure rocketry in dead silence. No noise from the passenger, no noise from me. Golden.
- the “arm rest” on the door (by the window). It’s so wide it’s amazing. So wide and perfect for me resting my arm - weird I know but I was like “whoah! My arm fits here perfectly! No slipping, no nothing, just pure resting”. Again, probably me not knowing any better but it feels so relaxing to drive casually with.
- Parking the car miles away. Ok so our first stop: Sainsburys for some breakfast. Get to the car park and find a spot as far away from others as possible. Check. Park there. Check… start walking to the shop. Check. Constantly look back at the car. Check. SEE SOMEONE PARK BESIDE YOU.. (how can I uncheck this part?). Check. See that they have plenty of spaces but literally park right next to you. Check. Stop and wait behind a lamppost to see what happens. Check. See the passenger struggle to open the door without hitting the car. Check. Think to yourself: don’t you bloody dare ding my car within an hour of ownership and start tightening up ready to make the dash back and blow your top. Check. See that they made it through the small gap and breath a sigh of relief. Check. Judge them for parking so darn close to you when they had alllll the other spaces in the lot to chose from. Check. Realise that this car might make one insane. Check.

I’ve had a few drinks this eve (celebrating of course), am sleep deprived and tired from all the excitement so not the best for making coherent posts. But what a day to be savoured.

Edit. Forgot a pic:

View attachment 856600

Why do people do that acres of space and they park next to you 🤦‍♂️ happened to me in costco yesterday, I counted 34 empty spaces and someone parked right next to me. Is it petty that I walked back and moved it before they'd even gotten out? Ah well I'm petty 😂 glad I did because I could see the kids in the back jut waiting to fling the doors open onto effe and the mum with a rival to Mary Poppins handbag it could've been carnage

Why do people do that acres of space and they park next to you 🤦‍♂️ happened to me in costco yesterday, I counted 34 empty spaces and someone parked right next to me. Is it petty that I walked back and moved it before they'd even gotten out? Ah well I'm petty 😂 glad I did because I could see the kids in the back jut waiting to fling the doors open onto effe and the mum with a rival to Mary Poppins handbag it could've been carnage
I’ve also experienced the “twat magnet” phenomenon and have often done what you did. Please don’t hate me but I often park on the white line straddling 2 spaces in sainsburys (still in the big vacant expanse), but mrs bob thinks that I’m a twat when I do it. I thought it was the law for BMW drivers and I even have my favourite parking spaces in certain car parks I commonly use. When folks park in “my” spaces I get very mad. Maybe the zen like quality of Tesla will fix me!

• Informative
Reactions: robmcm
Why do people do that acres of space and they park next to you 🤦‍♂️ happened to me in costco yesterday, I counted 34 empty spaces and someone parked right next to me.
They’re Deep State agents in the thrall of Big Oil. No door will remain undinged while these shadowy forces are around.

You heard it here first. Keep ‘em peeled.

Reactions: Sparky750
I’ve also experienced the “twat magnet” phenomenon and have often done what you did. Please don’t hate me but I often park on the white line straddling 2 spaces in sainsburys (still in the big vacant expanse), but mrs bob thinks that I’m a twat when I do it. I thought it was the law for BMW drivers and I even have my favourite parking spaces in certain car parks I commonly use. When folks park in “my” spaces I get very mad. Maybe the zen like quality of Tesla will fix me!
Twats aside, I’d worry someone would park next to me anyway and then you’ve increased the chance of a door ding!

If you can act quickly and are flexible with where you can collect then call Tesla and tell them.

My order was placed late June, my EDD was moved to Q4 but I rang them at the start of the week telling them I’d go anywhere to pick up a car and I had one assigned by Friday afternoon.
ZOMG! I had no idea this was a thing.

I've just messaged Tesla to tell them just that. I'd already asked for a note to be added to my order to say I'd consider a mildly different spec if it meant earlier delivery!

Reactions: MashinBenzin
One more sleep, I have bought a new iphone, the first new iphone i have bought myself instead of one of the children's hand me down's, cleared the drive and pruned the hedges. Bit nervous as we are down a long, narrow, shingle drive, so the car will delivered on the main road and I am working from home tomorrow in the financial markets and Friday was, lets say , crazy, so will probably spend most of the day glancing out the window at it. One last concern there is a 6ft 6 width restriction in several places locally, do i attempt it straight away or wait a bit, um? But will be very excite before bed tonight, whoo hoo!

just about 24 hours to go and my mind is going blank.. just like before an exam!
what will i do after i get the keys.. would i even know how to drive it back home.. 😳
I felt exactly the same and I’m not the worlds most confident driver but by the time I was out of the NEC, I was fine. One pedal driving is wonderful.

The car tells you what to do.

540 miles since pick up on Thursday 😁

Reactions: Toblerone

Edit. Forgot a pic:

View attachment 856600
😂 I’ve been anxiously watching people in their cars when they park really close in car parks. I might have also used sentry mode to watch. 😂

One more sleep, I have bought a new iphone, the first new iphone i have bought myself instead of one of the children's hand me down's, cleared the drive and pruned the hedges. Bit nervous as we are down a long, narrow, shingle drive, so the car will delivered on the main road and I am working from home tomorrow in the financial markets and Friday was, lets say , crazy, so will probably spend most of the day glancing out the window at it. One last concern there is a 6ft 6 width restriction in several places locally, do i attempt it straight away or wait a bit, um? But will be very excite before bed tonight, whoo hoo!
we haven’t got any width restrictions near us, but some narrow lanes and also the multi-storey/ncp car parks in nearby towns are a bit of a nightmare. Happy to report no issues so far with myself or my wife (who hadn’t driven an automatic let alone test drive the Tesla till 3 days ago). You’ll be fine; no shame in taking things a little slow and careful for a few days either! :)

Overall Width (including mirrors)
Overall Width (including folded mirrors)
Overall Width (excluding mirrors)
83.8 in
77.9 in
75.6 in

The above table is from Tesla owners manual. I have 7 ft width restriction on the way to my friends house. I find it difficult with my current Prius+. Not going to chance it with the Tesla.

Enjoy your new car day! Hope all goes well!