Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have allocated a car and given me a vin number so far without my full deposit. Only the £200
Hi mate. just an idea. to give you a price for insurance get a number plate from autotrader obviously a 72 plate and use that reg
it will at least give you a price for your insurance and if its crazy money..just cancel your order...👍here is one I used to get me a price 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130-211430_Auto Trader.jpg
    Screenshot_20221130-211430_Auto Trader.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 86
Got mine yesterday Mid July order, grey with 20's, 547 vin.
Came with ultrasonics, old cameras, old rear seats, granny charger, matrix headlights. All good up to now apart from that the text is too small to read on the screen and I can't wear my reading glasses as then I can't see the road😵‍💫 it could do with an option to increase the font size.
Did 30 miles this morning in driving rain and spray on the motorway and the autopilot, lights and auto wipers never missed a beat. Camera was useless for reversing down my drive with rain on it and glare from the house lights, the ultrasonics worked well picking up the house, fence on the otherside and the gates halfway down. I just can't see how tesla can make the cameras do what the ultrasonics can in poor light and weather conditions. Fingers crossed for you guys who don't get them.

I’m at my wits end with this at the moment, I’m tempted to cancel my order and get an ID4 gtx. I’m not paying Tesla my deposit until I get a reg and have it confirmed from my insurance that they will cover me.
Find a 72 plate a Tesla same spec car online
Or just enter the details
And buy policy
When reg arrived call and update insurnace

I did the same
No bigee

Paid £2500 1 year with Flow insurance part of LV. 10 year no claims, no claims or points

Hi mate. just an idea. to give you a price for insurance get a number plate from autotrader obviously a 72 plate and use that reg
it will at least give you a price for your insurance and if its crazy money..just cancel your order...👍here is one I used to get me a price 👍
Thanks, I did try that but couldn’t find a standard range for sale. Is that a RWD reg? If so I’ll give it a go 👍🏻

Find a 72 plate a Tesla same spec car online
Or just enter the details
And buy policy
When reg arrived call and update insurnace

I did the same
No bigee

Paid £2500 1 year with Flow insurance part of LV. 10 year no claims, no claims or points
As I put above, there are very few SR MY’s out there let alone on eBay or auto trader. And insurance companies don’t recognise the standard range as an option so I can’t get a genuine quote. Only one I’ve had so far is £1800 from admiral and I’m reluctant to pay that much, I haven’t had insurance over a grand since my early 20’s. I’m 37 with no points no crashes and 14 years no claims.

They do list it but insurance companies wont give a quote.

Here is a thread from other owners having trouble so it’s not just me Unable to get Model Y Rear Wheel Drive Insurance
That’s because those people are expecting to quote an unregistered VRN and actually purchase insurance ahead of collection.

That isn’t how it works for some insurers, because Tesla register electronically when you accept the vehicle.

The “worst case” procedure is broadly this:

1. Assuming you want to take the CtM quite example, get a quote reference and date the insurance start for your pickup day. CtM will give you a quote reference when they give you the quote. We’ve already seen this is perfectly valid and Admiral (specifically) are perfectly happy to insure a RWD otherwise they would not have offered the insurance price.

2. After you have accepted the vehicle, but before you drive it away, call the insurer with the VRN quoting your quote reference. Buy the insurance over the phone.

3. Drive home.

Bluntly, some insurers accept “unregistered” VRN’s and some do not. Specifically Admiral appear not to, and I know from personal experience that LV do.

That’s really all there is to it.