Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y unveiling event 2019-03-14 (official thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody is forced to drive any particular speed.
New York (CNN Business)Volvo will put a speed limit on its cars as part of its effort to eliminate fatal accidents.

The automaker says the limit will stop cars from going faster than 180 kilometers per hour, which works out to 112 mph. It said it is also considering other technology that could put stricter speed limits on cars driving near schools and hospitals.
Most cars can drive faster than 150 mph, and some automakers offer performance cars capable of driving even faster than that.
Volvo has set a goal of zero fatalities or serious injuries in new Volvos by 2020. But its statement Monday said that no matter what safety features it builds into cars, it needs to also address driver behavior as part of its efforts.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 9.01.04 PM.png

Wasn’t expecting an optional 3rd row. Probably a really tight squeeze back there but should be sufficient for my dogs. Was hoping for a little more info, perhaps the Tesla website will have some more stuff about it. Surprised there was no info on placing a preorder or anything like that.

Sounds like all new supercharger stations going forward are V3. I think Elon also mentioned slowly upgrading existing stations to V3? First I’ve heard that.

And yes I agree, Elon definitely does not excel at presenting. I think he doesn’t even rehearse these things, just wings them. Tesla could learn a lot from how Apple handles their product announcements.
I'm envisioning a "3rd row" like a Rav 4....only for midgets/young kids.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo
New York (CNN Business)Volvo will put a speed limit on its cars as part of its effort to eliminate fatal accidents.

The automaker says the limit will stop cars from going faster than 180 kilometers per hour, which works out to 112 mph. It said it is also considering other technology that could put stricter speed limits on cars driving near schools and hospitals.
Most cars can drive faster than 150 mph, and some automakers offer performance cars capable of driving even faster than that.
Volvo has set a goal of zero fatalities or serious injuries in new Volvos by 2020. But its statement Monday said that no matter what safety features it builds into cars, it needs to also address driver behavior as part of its efforts.

We'll see what that does for Volvo's sales. I don't drive three figure speeds unless I'm doing a track day. But the moment a company tries to regulate my behavior, they've lost me. How is "lower top speed than competing cars!" a feature?

What Volvo should do instead is allow the owner to set a speed limit in the car or with an app.