Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y unveiling event 2019-03-14 (official thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so playing with the configurator images in GIMP...

Wheelbase: 628.3 px for the Model Y, 614.8 px for the Model 3
Wheel diameter (front wheel, known to be 18"): 120.0 px for the Model Y, 124.8 px for the Model 3

So, some of the third row space? It's coming from longer wheelbase. I'd estimate 3060 mm or so, which actually makes it longer wheelbase than the Model X. (There is some room for significant error here, though, and small parallax shifts can create big errors.)
I hope so!

Elon said the FSD software would be 'feature complete by the end of the year'. That means they'll have an alpha version build by then.

Thank you for the correction. I took "feature complete" to mean actual full self-driving -- which is what "FSD" literally means -- in production cars. But perhaps Elon meant it in a much more restricted way.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Ok granted, but he could at least rehearse the presentation a few times instead of seemingly winging the whole thing. It could have been more structured and they definitely should have spent more time talking about and showing the Y.
I accept your differences. I think he rehearsed it just enough to address each point without trying to sound overly polished. Overly polished sounds like crap and a liar. Tesla can ill afford to put forth the sense that it's being run by a liar.

Reactions: darxsys
assuming someone is driving a gas powered car, a certain number of miles, and gas prices necver change ********************************

It doesn’t matter how many miles you drive. It’s about 3 cents per mile for the model 3 and 9 cents or more per mile for comparable gas cars. So yes, the more miles you drive the more you save but you asked if people were saving money. Yes. All of us are.

If you want to actually seat 7 people and put a stroller in the car, then you aren't looking at the right class of vehicle.

My kids are all grown so it's a moot point for me, but when we bought in 2013 the frunk fit a stroller and groceries, and the car seated 7 (admittedly with two who must be small kids). So it seems she had a good question about the size of the frunk to me. I said to her the old large frunk is gone for good, unfortuantely, because of dual motors -- but is that always needed to give up this?

Closing frunk

Just asking -- and thinking outside the new small box!