Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y / V11: no incoming call notification?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking in this forum on and off in the past. Finally picked up wife's MYP last weekend.

I have a question about phone connection via Bluetooth. I paired my wife's iphone (iPhone 12 w/ latest iOS 15.3.1). On the car screen, when I tap the green phone icon, her phone book shows up correctly. I can tap a name in the phone book and it'll make the call. The call comes through the car speaker and car microphone works too.

However, when she receives an incoming call, there's no notification whatsoever on the car screen. Her phone rings and the ring comes from her phone, not the car.

I thought I saw a YouTube video of a model 3 when there's an incoming call, there's a small rectangle that appears on the bottom left corner and it shows the caller's name as well as accept and decline buttons. But I don't see this rectangle at all. I've looked at all settings on the car and the iPhone, but everything is set correctly.

I cannot figure this out, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if I'm missing something. TIA!

V11 is Crap. It took away all the “niceties“ the car originally had, with tried-and-true V10. All the feature that worked well, were intuitive, easy to access, impressive and pleasing.

Aside from all the nice one-touch controls they stole from us, it’s the way they screwed up the radio interface that really disappoints the most. Bring back the music note and stop making us open a menu to see the radio sources! Colored icons are terrible and belong on a desktop computer, not on an automobile touchscreen.

Not to mention they gave us a phone icon we didn’t need and then screwed up the phone functionlaity.

Still can’t believe Tesla dropped this V11 turd on its buyers and don’t see they made a terrible mistake. V10 was a beautiful intuitive thing to enjoy.