Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y VIN assigned!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model Y this morning, some very minor issues and the Carlsbad delivery center took it back into the service area and made all of the adjustments.

1. Rear right quarter panel sensor was pushed in. Fixed
2. Right tail light was a little off, Fixed
3. Scratch on the right rear plastic wheel well trim, Fixed
4. Large vertical scratch drivers window, Fixed
5. Carpet trim under passenger seat facing the door was loose and pulling away. Fixed

very minor stuff for a delivery except for the sensor which could of caused some problems later.

Car looks great, all seats work well and rear seats fold down, sound system sounds great, rear hatch opens and closes smoothly. There was a tow hook in the Frunk. All features on the screen works wel.

Tuesday June 2nd Tesla Mobile will install the Homelink.

Fred

F8632BE9-307F-49DE-8B0F-DCAA5D035BE4.jpeg
C3C33F97-BABD-40FB-B500-2E21692C49F7.jpeg
913DD464-F2D5-4185-8FE6-E817621A6DAD.jpeg

Checked the page source today, and see a VIN for the first time, 94xx. First day order and nothing up to now so I'm getting optimistic.
I finally got the call from my delivery advisor. The VIN has been in my source code for 7 calendar days. The Tesla advisor mentioned there's a large backlog so they're working through them. You should have someone contacting you any day now.

Reactions: mazers
Got mine this morning, 5YJYGDEE1LF010634. AWD LR, MSM, no FSD placed the reservation back in Sept 2019. I'm in Vegas so hopefully it'll be a quick delivery. Cool to see VIN's over 10K. It's also the E type now, I'm curious to see how this different VIN digit will effect any available upgrades down the road. I haven't really kept up on the AWD LR is also a Performance or whatever, also I doubt the wife will want to pay the money to go half a second faster.

My VIN ends in 10629 and is MSM AWD LR so we were probably in the same batch. Supposed to pick it up around noon on Thursday and am hoping it's in good shape.

My VIN ends in 10629 and is MSM AWD LR so we were probably in the same batch. Supposed to pick it up around noon on Thursday and am hoping it's in good shape.

We got the system generated email for picked on Monday the 1st but got a call a couple days prior saying it hadn’t rolled off the line yet so it got pushed to the 4th.

I called today and apparently it’s being loaded on a transport truck (in Lathrop?) which would usually load when over half full but the transport companies only want to do full loads... makes sense I guess but Tesla is getting pissy apparently.

Also, he said about 450 Model Y’s are supposed to have been made this past weekend so it’s just a matter of moving them to the trucks. So yeah, interesting and hopefully we’ll have our Model Y Thursday.

We got the system generated email for picked on Monday the 1st but got a call a couple days prior saying it hadn’t rolled off the line yet so it got pushed to the 4th.

I called today and apparently it’s being loaded on a transport truck (in Lathrop?) which would usually load when over half full but the transport companies only want to do full loads... makes sense I guess but Tesla is getting pissy apparently.

Also, he said about 450 Model Y’s are supposed to have been made this past weekend so it’s just a matter of moving them to the trucks. So yeah, interesting and hopefully we’ll have our Model Y Thursday.

I had a pickup scheduled for the 1st and they called me on the 30th saying the vehicle hadn't left CA yet and they needed to move it. I'm also scheduled to pick it up on the 4th so we'll see if it actually shows up and is ready or not. I fully expect to have it pushed back further but we'll see.

VIN in Source Code today 6/3/2020 10xxx. Ordered 3/21 White, AWD, 19", FSD. Updated order on 4/18 to MSM, AWD, 19", FSD. Received text indicated MY would be built in next 10 days on 6/2/2020, VIN assigned next day. Will update as things move along.