Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y VIN assigned!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I received my model Y vin on the performance shipping to Florida. I'm 9xx. I've already completed all steps minus the insurance, including the full payment. Yet, I still haven't received an email, text, or phone call. It's hard to believe I sent 74K under these conditions but no regrats!
Can you please clarify whether you are seeing the VIN on the Page itself or in the source. I am seeing my VIN only in the source till now and it is in the 5XX, not sure if this is normal and why it is not showing up on the page. I have completed everything including Insurance but the status is still the same.

If it looks like this: 5YJYGDEF0LF000XXX
That is your VIN.

The Y in 5YJY designates Model Y. If for some reason its a 3 or S or X, then that is not your Model Y VIN.

You will also see the VIN in the MVPA.

Do you see a VIN with 5YJY?
Yes I see the VIN as you have described here. Also checked in the NHTSA database and seems to be accurate. But I am not sure what the MVPA is and do not see it on lay Web Page. The vin is only seen when I do a search in the page source

Yes I see the VIN as you have described here. Also checked in the NHTSA database and seems to be accurate. But I am not sure what the MVPA is and do not see it on lay Web Page. The vin is only seen when I do a search in the page source

That's awesome - it means u have a car assigned to you and should be heading your delivery location if not already.

The MVPA should show up anytime soon.
It looks like this:
20200309_193324.jpg 20200309_193513.jpg

Reactions: newEVuser
That's awesome - it means u have a car assigned to you and should be heading your delivery location if not already.

The MVPA should show up anytime soon.
It looks like this:
View attachment 520106 View attachment 520107
Thanks for this. Very helpful. Cant wait to see the updated page. Have been waiting for a couple of weeks since I got the initial delivery email. Another question, if you can help. I had initially selected cash payment, but will likely go with a loan with an external bank. I am assuming that we can switch this pair to delivery. Thanks again for your response.

Thanks for this. Very helpful. Cant wait to see the updated page. Have been waiting for a couple of weeks since I got the initial delivery email. Another question, if you can help. I had initially selected cash payment, but will likely go with a loan with an external bank. I am assuming that we can switch this pair to delivery. Thanks again for your response.
When I selected cash it was because for some reason there was no option to select external bank at the time. The only choices at the time were cash or Tesla financing. My Tesla advisor I was assigned to called me last week and followed up and made sure this was what I wanted to do. Ended up having my advisor change it to external bank.

Today I received my VIN and final payment request. The VIN is in the 1k range. I submitted my order about two weeks ago and wasnt expecting it to be so quick.

Order Details
Trade in/Paid in full
  • Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

I am glad to see that another LR (non-P) has gotten a VIN. 20 inch, black interior still getting the nod for delivery. Sometimes it is difficult being patient. :)

I've seen a few posts here on the forums of new orders being fulfilled soon very quickly (< 1 month of ordering). Other posts talk about a 6-9 month wait... What's the secret? (other than performance model selection)...

Today I received my VIN and final payment request. The VIN is in the 1k range. I submitted my order about two weeks ago and wasnt expecting it to be so quick.

Order Details
Trade in/Paid in full
  • Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

I've seen a few posts here on the forums of new orders being fulfilled soon very quickly (< 1 month of ordering). Other posts talk about a 6-9 month wait... What's the secret? (other than performance model selection)...
Whether you had black or white interior (white was delayed), Induction wheels are taking priority, and higher prices orders (more revenue) appear to be taking priority. I'm under the impression whatever they can get off the manufacturing line, they are fulfilling orders with.

Edit: Anyone talking about a 6-9 month wait are likely RWD/7 Seaters/Brand new base model orders. Really, no one knows. Service centers have been wildly all over the place with giving estimates and none reported recently from what i've seen.

Can you please clarify whether you are seeing the VIN on the Page itself or in the source. I am seeing my VIN only in the source till now and it is in the 5XX, not sure if this is normal and why it is not showing up on the page. I have completed everything including Insurance but the status is still the same.

my vin is listed in the MVPA that is on the page. I was also allowed to make a payment and etc.

Reactions: RoBoRaT