Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y VIN assigned!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my thoughts after seeing far states being picked first and CA being slim with VINs and delivery emails. They are shipping far then last minute they start going local (CA). That way everyone gets their Y’s around the same 2-3 weeks. I ordered a week after it went live. Black Performance Y. Thoughts? Please call me out if I’m terribly wrong!

Last edited:
This is my thoughts after seeing far stated being picked first and CA being slim with VINs and delivery emails. They are shipping far then last minute they start going local (CA). That way everyone gets their Y’s around the same 2-3 weeks. I ordered a week after it went live. Black Performance Y. Thoughts? Please call me out if I’m terribly wrong!

Sounds logical.. Kinda my feeling as well, just one more step in improving their 'reputation'.. Not just early, but early for EVERYONE

please correct me if I am wrong but Tesla wants you to submit final/entire payment now before you pick up the suv? What happened to bring a check from your bank/credit union the day you pick up the vehicle. If I do decide to go with the model Y, I am inspected the hell out of it before I give Tesla my final check.

Reactions: Aarons12
I'll let you know what they say when they call, but there is no way in hell I'm dishing over 60k sight unseen, especially with the first batch off the line. I have faith in Elon after the M3 rollout debacle but I still have a healthy dose of apprehension about taking a low VIN number

Last night I received my model Y vin on the performance shipping to Florida. I'm 9xx. I've already completed all steps minus the insurance, including the full payment. Yet, I still haven't received an email, text, or phone call. It's hard to believe I sent 74K under these conditions but no regrets!

• Helpful
Reactions: Fiddler
The "final payment" is the downpayment you agree to. In my case, for example say my car total including fees and tax was $60,000. In my payment information, it asked me how much I was financing. Assume I said I was financing $35,000 I would owe $25,000 for my down payment. So I would be paying my $25,000 and wiring it to them and bringing a check from my bank for $35,000. If you are financing the entire amount you would just be brining a check from your bank upon pick up. I'm hoping since its in the lower 1000's it was scrutinized more and hopefully perfect. I'm kind of amazed how smoothly this order as gone thusfar being a first time Tesla buyer. Fingers crossed!

• Love
Reactions: Fiddler
Same here, found it in the web source

5YJYGDEF7LF0004xx

Getting the first 500 cars off the line sounds scary though o_O

I bet that first couple hundred were test/pre-production (or are those not assigned vins)?

Either way confirms my theory that east cost is literally getting the first ones off the line since they have to travel first...cali will probably get later vins.

John, We are in fairfiled county by NY line. Might you be in westchester county? Any chance we could see you model Y when you get it. My son is 6'5" and the 3 was too small, S as well...MT Kisco is saying they cant even predict when a car will be available at the dealership...Rick in Ct

John, We are in fairfiled county by NY line. Might you be in westchester county? Any chance we could see you model Y when you get it. My son is 6'5" and the 3 was too small, S as well...MT Kisco is saying they cant even predict when a car will be available at the dealership...Rick in Ct

Yea im picking it up in Mt Kisco and live right on the NY/CT border near the NW corner of CT.

The "final payment" is the downpayment you agree to. In my case, for example say my car total including fees and tax was $60,000. In my payment information, it asked me how much I was financing. Assume I said I was financing $35,000 I would owe $25,000 for my down payment. So I would be paying my $25,000 and wiring it to them and bringing a check from my bank for $35,000. If you are financing the entire amount you would just be brining a check from your bank upon pick up. I'm hoping since its in the lower 1000's it was scrutinized more and hopefully perfect. I'm kind of amazed how smoothly this order as gone thusfar being a first time Tesla buyer. Fingers crossed!

Yes, you can bring a check from your bank upon pick up, even though they like to get it upfront. No way I would do that till i at-least sat in the car (or test drive, but they don't allow that). This is from when i p/u the 3.

got a call (I didn't answer) then a text to login into my account. Filled out the delivery info (for March Delivery) now waiting. This for a Model Y in TX. used car offer we got was little disappointing.

I am in the same boat, the offer Tesla gave me was $1300 less than the "GOOD" range from KBB. Their documentation says they will go by that rating, so are they just lowballing everyone?