Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y VIN Starting with 7SAY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum so if there's already a thread on this subject I apologize in advance. I ordered my model Y in October and initial estimated delivery was March of 2022 but I received my VIN today. I am supper excited but I want to make sure I am getting a 2022 model and not 2021, is there a way to find out? As excited as I am I would rather wait couple of weeks if I have to in order to take a 2022 model.

My VIN starts with 7SAYGAEE.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum so if there's already a thread on this subject I apologize in advance. I ordered my model Y in October and initial estimated delivery was March of 2022 but I received my VIN today. I am supper excited but I want to make sure I am getting a 2022 model and not 2021, is there a way to find out? As excited as I am I would rather wait couple of weeks if I have to in order to take a 2022 model.

My VIN starts with 7SAYGAEE.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

See the VINs for 2022 from NHTSA

Digits 1 - 3: World Manufacturing Identifier
5YJ = Manufacturer: Tesla Inc., Vehicle Type: Passenger Car (Designated for Model S & Model 3)
7SA = Manufacturer: Tesla Inc., Vehicle Type: MPV (Designated for Model X & Model Y)