Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y vs. Mustang GTE

Model Y or Mustang GTE

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford dealers going to resist electric vehicles? Not true. My local dealership is in the process of installing two charging stations, training and certifying a number of mechanics to work on the various upcoming electric vehicles including the F-150. Offering free two year charging to owners. Will see what the future brings including he soon to be revealed new Mach E.

I love seeing other brands coming out with EV options, but why give away free charging? Almost like saying, we will give you free money to try our inferior cars lol Tesla done the free supercharging because they are initiating an EV movement but I feel in 2019, the ball is rolling and Ford could save a bunch of money by not offering this deal just to sell a couple more cars to claim "they beat Tesla".

not saying Tesla doesn't necessary do this type of advertising but traditional dealers definitely do. Seen plenty of "ONLY $299 a month!" then go into details "...plus $4500 customer cash, tax and title excludes" blah blah. I am very curious on their price point $40,000-$60,000 what it actually lands at in buyers hand. Volvo polestar 2 was supposed to be cheaper too. :(

not saying Tesla doesn't necessary do this type of advertising but traditional dealers definitely do. Seen plenty of "ONLY $299 a month!" then go into details "...plus $4500 customer cash, tax and title excludes" blah blah. I am very curious on their price point $40,000-$60,000 what it actually lands at in buyers hand. Volvo polestar 2 was supposed to be cheaper too. :(
You reminded me of a California car dealer named Cal Worthington. His TV commercials were famous ("Here's Cal Worthington and his dog Spot" -- which might be a dog, or a lion or a chimp or a pig), and as the camera followed him down rows of cars, he'd talk about the low, low payment, but the fine print was a crack up. To get those cheap payments, you'd have to put down half the cost of the car. What a character.

Personally, I had always wished Ford would have come out with a Mustang sedan, gran coupe style. Something low, wide, and sleek....with 4 doors. That would be something interesting...IMHO.

But as America has shown, people are gravitating towards SUV's hence everyone moving towards those. Look forward to seeing this Mustang suv, but that just sounds weird to me.

The mustang was always a "muscle" "car," so naming an "electric" "SUV" Mustang seems strange.

Personally, I had always wished Ford would have come out with a Mustang sedan, gran coupe style. Something low, wide, and sleek....with 4 doors. That would be something interesting...IMHO.

But as America has shown, people are gravitating towards SUV's hence everyone moving towards those. Look forward to seeing this Mustang suv, but that just sounds weird to me.

The mustang was always a "muscle" "car," so naming an "electric" "SUV" Mustang seems strange.
They're just trying to capitalize on the name to make sales. Bend some sheetmetal the right way and they might get away with it.

Many believe it will be called a "Mach E".

Hey. Are you gonna go see the upcoming movie "Ford vs. Ferrari"? I am. Looks like a whole lot of fun.

We saw it Friday night. Great movie. And relevant to this thread. If the Mustang GTE is being overseen by the equivalent of the Ford VP yes man in the movie, Ford is doomed. But if they find a rebel type engineer/manager and empower them, it could be a great thing. I’m not counting them out..yet.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL