Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y vs Mustang Mach E

Is the $7500 tax credit worth waiting months to get Mach E instead of Model Y?

• Yes

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • No

Votes: 216 83.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So many issues on the new Ford including Red Ring of Death
Turns out, making new EV's is not no easy
Mach E forums are interesting to say the least

Looks like a decent car once they iron out the new model woes

screen-shot-2021-02-12-at-11-13-56-am-png.16650

• Funny
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
Yeah, don't say you're pro-Tesla or anything Elon related since they'll lynch you over there. I thought the Tesla fan boys were bad but the Mach-E forums are much worse. I have about 6 people on ignore there to make it easier to have a normal debate or conversation with people.
Such a devisive world it has become
Shame as we can do so much better together

• Love
Reactions: pkitch and pt19713
Looked at a MachE today. I did not care for it. Smaller back seat than the Y and less rear cargo room. The center screen seemed complex and less intuitive than the Tesla. Interior was much nicer looking and felt like better quality but the exterior looked like Tesla built it. Poor hood and rear hatch alignment. I thought overall for about 8000 less in comparable trim the Y was much better.

Looked at a MachE today. I did not care for it. Smaller back seat than the Y and less rear cargo room. The center screen seemed complex and less intuitive than the Tesla. Interior was much nicer looking and felt like better quality but the exterior looked like Tesla built it. Poor hood and rear hatch alignment. I thought overall for about 8000 less in comparable trim the Y was much better.
I love the M3, MY modern sparse interiors especially in white
Nothing else like it
Good to have choices

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Yeah, a lot of Mach-E owners are having the hatch adjusted. They mock Tesla gaps but Ford the irony in thy situation, they have panel gap issues, too.

• Disagree
Reactions: efisher
Be careful, the MME doors are not latching. This guys wife had the door fly open while driving down the road and all her belongings flew into the road. Scary!

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/door-not-closing.3798/
Mustang hassles
Tesla Supercharging network is the key to utility and enjoyment.

"I bought a customer declined unit, they delivered it from SC dropping it off to me at a Electrify America station with only 10 percent left on the battery. Not one of the six chargers worked. Talk about range anxiety, ran 25 miles of errands before I got it home with 10 miles until empty. Then had to use 120volt as I had not yet installed my charge station outlets."

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Problems with Mustang!!!

a) FordPass shows numerous errors - drivetrain errors w/loss of power warnings (but no obvious loss of power), failure of collission avoidance system while driving leading to near accident in traffic when using intelligent cruise control, Electrify America Charger Fault errors when connecting to EA chargers

b) Inability to be recognized by Electrify America charging stations. Attempting to hook to an EA charger generates a hardware error, and it requires calling EA for them to manually activate the charger. I also can't enable Plug & Charge through the FordPass app although other car control features through the (activated) modem work fine.

c) The numerous powertrain faults are related to module communication failures according to my dealer's service dept; and this is likely also related to problems communicating with the front camera that have resulted in failures of the collision avoidance system while driving. This disabled auto braking and nearly led to an accident last night - so there are significant safety issues. There were several tens of such comms errors including references to "antenna 1, ..., 7" losing connection. I assume many of the sensors communicate wirelessly in the MME.

d) There are issues with Apple Car Play. When streaming Amazon Music eventually the music stream cuts in and out, then Car Play and my phone both freeze, and the phone overheats. I have no such issues with Car Play and Amazon Music on my Chevy Bolt.

e) There are bugs using the main screen's trip meter. Often the mileage for "This Trip" doesn't reset when the car is powered up and a new trip begins. The power used in kWh under trip 1 apoears to be identical to trip 2's power used, even when they should be different.

Ford tech support has frankly been useless in dealing with my issues, and I've spent hours in the phone with them FordPass and FordPass Charging Network support lines, and also brought the car back to the dealer's service dept. Nothing was resolved and the dealer only said something vague about a software update in May. Electrify America admitted they were getting losts of tech support calls from MME owners.

I was promised a call-back from a FordPass Charging Network supervisor two days ago - but no such call has happened. Other tech support issues elevated to Ford Engineering have also disappeared into the ether. I feel abandoned with a car with failed systems - these errors started within the first 200 miles of driving - and having experienced a lack of automatic braking because the front camera failed to communicate with the car's collision avoidance subsystem, and having to slam on the brakes to avoid rear-ending a vehicle in front of me when auto braking didn't happen - I feel that this car is not safe to operate.

Any others out there suffering in silence? My FE was held at Kansas City Speedway for a good long while for QC issues. While it may have passed Ford QC, it is a defective car. This is NOT good enough and unless we have resolution very soon, Oregon's lemon law will be invoked.

Anyone from Ford Corporate care to answer this? I am getting no response from every effort I've made to get Ford to respond through their official channels. I am not a twitter user, but if someone decided to start a thread on this with Jim Farley, I would have no objection.

Problems with Mustang!!!

a) FordPass shows numerous errors - drivetrain errors w/loss of power warnings (but no obvious loss of power), failure of collission avoidance system while driving leading to near accident in traffic when using intelligent cruise control, Electrify America Charger Fault errors when connecting to EA chargers

b) Inability to be recognized by Electrify America charging stations. Attempting to hook to an EA charger generates a hardware error, and it requires calling EA for them to manually activate the charger. I also can't enable Plug & Charge through the FordPass app although other car control features through the (activated) modem work fine.

c) The numerous powertrain faults are related to module communication failures according to my dealer's service dept; and this is likely also related to problems communicating with the front camera that have resulted in failures of the collision avoidance system while driving. This disabled auto braking and nearly led to an accident last night - so there are significant safety issues. There were several tens of such comms errors including references to "antenna 1, ..., 7" losing connection. I assume many of the sensors communicate wirelessly in the MME.

d) There are issues with Apple Car Play. When streaming Amazon Music eventually the music stream cuts in and out, then Car Play and my phone both freeze, and the phone overheats. I have no such issues with Car Play and Amazon Music on my Chevy Bolt.

e) There are bugs using the main screen's trip meter. Often the mileage for "This Trip" doesn't reset when the car is powered up and a new trip begins. The power used in kWh under trip 1 apoears to be identical to trip 2's power used, even when they should be different.

Ford tech support has frankly been useless in dealing with my issues, and I've spent hours in the phone with them FordPass and FordPass Charging Network support lines, and also brought the car back to the dealer's service dept. Nothing was resolved and the dealer only said something vague about a software update in May. Electrify America admitted they were getting losts of tech support calls from MME owners.

I was promised a call-back from a FordPass Charging Network supervisor two days ago - but no such call has happened. Other tech support issues elevated to Ford Engineering have also disappeared into the ether. I feel abandoned with a car with failed systems - these errors started within the first 200 miles of driving - and having experienced a lack of automatic braking because the front camera failed to communicate with the car's collision avoidance subsystem, and having to slam on the brakes to avoid rear-ending a vehicle in front of me when auto braking didn't happen - I feel that this car is not safe to operate.

Any others out there suffering in silence? My FE was held at Kansas City Speedway for a good long while for QC issues. While it may have passed Ford QC, it is a defective car. This is NOT good enough and unless we have resolution very soon, Oregon's lemon law will be invoked.

Anyone from Ford Corporate care to answer this? I am getting no response from every effort I've made to get Ford to respond through their official channels. I am not a twitter user, but if someone decided to start a thread on this with Jim Farley, I would have no objection.
Sorry about your issues, but you’re seriously asking Ford this on a Tesla forum?

• Funny
Reactions: 2101Guy
Problems with Mustang!!!

Is your entire existence here to slam the Mustang Mach E on a Tesla forum?

Is your entire existence here to slam the Mustang Mach E on a Tesla forum?

@Needsdecaf since this thread is about Model Y vs. Mach E purchase considerations, I don't think it's out of line to cross-post some issues. I would not be at all surprised to see people on other car communities copying and pasting issues from TMC when talking about their models vs. MY.

Reactions: DanDi58 and geekfam
@Needsdecaf since this thread is about Model Y vs. Mach E purchase considerations, I don't think it's out of line to cross-post some issues. I would not be at all surprised to see people on other car communities copying and pasting issues from TMC when talking about their models vs. MY.

Out of line? No.

Repeatedly posting problems about the car in an apparent attempt to highlight it's inferiority to the Model Y strikes me as pretty weak, sorry.

I made the mistake of buying a refreshed model from Ford years ago. It was riddled with problems, including the transmission going out. It was so bad that Ford corporate reached out to me to apologize and gave me free service for 3 years.

I will never, ever buy a Ford again.

• Informative
Reactions: house9