Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y vs Solterra

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Subaru Solterra doesn't have air suspension standard or as an option. Its no where in the press materials, YouTube videos, or Google in general.
Makes sense since Subaru/Toyota probably can't include it at this price point and air suspensions would be a hit on reliability.
Ah, I thought someone said air suspension was a part of the announcement.

So it is mainly just a lower price point that is attractive then?

So objectively, the Solterra wins due to air suspension. I totally get that.
No air suspension on the Solterra. Just a well-designed standard suspension.
I think you would be surprised at the EV6 handling. It's truly a hothatch which I was not expecting and I've owned various EVs (ID.4, Mach-e, Model Y & 3) and test drove the gamut of them. I'm waiting for the EV6 GT trim myself.

Honestly, don't understand the love for the i-Pace... I completely understand Audi e-tron owners who adore their cars.

Anyhow, my Solterra is still arriving in August but if my MINI SE gets here before it... decisions, decisions.
As I said, I know people who have driven both the I-Pace and EV6, and their handling vote was for the I-Pace. No need for you to understand it, though. :)
The Kia is mediocre looking, inside and out, and the dealer experience leaves something to ask for. Then again, it's better looking than the Y and probably has a better service experience than Tesla.
If your looking for the ultimate EV SUV that will make your wife scrap the I-Pace; Look no further then the new 2023 EQS 450 MB 😲😃EPIC…
I saw an EQS as I drove to work today. Doesn't look so goofy in real life. It's a boat, though, and the SUV will be worse. We need smaller, lithe cars.

No air suspension on the Solterra. Just a well-designed standard suspension.

As I said, I know people who have driven both the I-Pace and EV6, and their handling vote was for the I-Pace. No need for you to understand it, though. :)
The Kia is mediocre looking, inside and out, and the dealer experience leaves something to ask for. Then again, it's better looking than the Y and probably has a better service experience than Tesla.

I saw an EQS as I drove to work today. Doesn't look so goofy in real life. It's a boat, though, and the SUV will be worse. We need smaller, lithe cars.
Tesla Model X is 198” vs the EQS 200” 🤷🏻‍♂️ Luxury, ride, built, quality, range, MB German experience 🤔 Sorry but can’t compare; EQS is in a separate class 😲

• Disagree
Reactions: Yelobird