Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y water leak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Deutsch100 and dyau
Upvote 0
@chang0500

it's not AC. the water come from everywhere. some came form AC, some came from outside.
SOURCE?
a lot of tesla model Y have this problem.
Define "a lot" and SOURCE?
if somebody have Model Y, they must check that.
Okay, will do.
sad thing is that tesla haven't mention about this yet. BAD...
it is your opinion on unfounded matter. I have a MY.

Stop spreading FUD as it is not the place to do so.

• Disagree
Reactions: KL_68 and aspushkin
Upvote 0
@chang0500

SOURCE?

Define "a lot" and SOURCE?

Okay, will do.

it is your opinion on unfounded matter. I have a MY.

Stop spreading FUD as it is not the place to do so.
At first, in the Korean Tesla community, they didn't believe it too. But now, many of them found this problem.
And Korea Tesla Service Center, they handle this problem case by case.
Some of them are AC issue, but the others are not.

This is a Korean news.

Reactions: Deutsch100
Upvote 0
He is the owner of a tuning shop. watch 1:48 . He just received car. and checked it because he heard the issue of leak. He is angry about these. As soon as I got it and checked it, the leak was confirmed like this. He is complaining about the smell. Also, he is complaining about giving the smelly cover part dry instead of replacing it at customer center.

Upvote 0
He is the owner of a tuning shop. watch 1:48 . He just received car. and checked it because he heard the issue of leak. He is angry about these. As soon as I got it and checked it, the leak was confirmed like this. He is complaining about the smell. Also, he is complaining about giving the smelly cover part dry instead of replacing it at customer center.
to avoid misunderstandings. He bought the car for himself.

Upvote 0
According to Korean community survey,

26.2% (126) : They found water leakage.
24.3% (117) : They couldn't found leakage
25.3% (112) : Haven't checked yet

Isn't this "a lot" ?
It REALLY depends.

126/355 confirmed cases, if the survey was solid. Okay.

I don't consider it a MY disaster. They will get fixed.

Again, I am sure those will get fixed.

Error: 404 - End of the world not found.

Reactions: Ruffles
Upvote 0
It REALLY depends.

126/355 confirmed cases, if the survey was solid. Okay.

I don't consider it a MY disaster. They will get fixed.

Again, I am sure those will get fixed.

Error: 404 - End of the world not found.
You're right, it REALLY does depend, it depends on your perspective. If you were one of the affected owners, you would consider it a disaster and nearly the end of the world.

Upvote 0
I had the issue and got rid of the car. SC said nothing was wrong and still couldn’t put the trim together. Even stated that there was no water and called it goodwill.
Terrible. 35 days with my 2021 Model Y Performance and I am back to BMW. The difference between companies is night and day. It is essentially impossible to call and speak with anyone at Tesla, including Finance. With BMW you can call USA headquarters, any dealer, any service dept and they have toll free numbers for Connected Services, Genius appts, Encore appts, Concierge.... Tesla needs to treat customers better and actually have customer service.

The first week I took delivery of my MYP, I got a survey from Tesla asking about my order and delivery experience and about my MY. I told them everything that was wrong with it....they NEVER contacted me and never replied! Gross.

• Informative
Reactions: aspushkin
Upvote 0
anyone have updates on this issue? rainy season is starting...

For me (2021 MYP), it has been 3+ weeks since I found the carpet in the 2nd row totally drenched with water the day after a hard rain. Since that time I have hand-washed it twice, poured water all over the roof and doors, and endured a solid week of daily heavy downpours - during which I checked the carpet periodically throughout each day. Not a drop of water intrusion. I don't know what to think, maybe the rear windows were not completely closed?

Upvote 0
The first week I took delivery of my MYP, I got a survey from Tesla asking about my order and delivery experience and about my MY. I told them everything that was wrong with it....they NEVER contacted me and never replied! Gross.
Same here, my only complaint was that my referral code wasn't applied and neither I nor the person referring me received the free supercharger miles (probably a ~$30 USD value each, no biggie). Not a peep in response. Kind of a disappointment.

Upvote 0