Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am with you! Sit in at Del Amo until we get VINs. Haha!

I have no idea who the SA is - I'd never seen him before. I knew when he asked me if I'd ever seen the "review agreements" section bc it was new to him that he would be of no help.

Just trying to laugh through my pain of being carless at this point. 😭
lol yes, that's all we can do. There's plenty of post of people that say they have a "great" SA or whatever the case is....over the course of this buying experience I've probably spoken with 10 different SA's, 4 online chat people 2 delivery center people and then the rate match person. Out of everyone there, the only person that was helpful was the rate match. They knew their stuff - and it was in regards to financing - nothing to do with ordering the car or delivery. Everyone who's had an experience with an SA isn't "lucky" they got one, most likely just spoke with the person at the right time and the person was able to pull up the info they needed to give to them. I'm sure the next person that contacted that same SA had a answer that took the person back 5 steps to confusion.

Reactions: jp2021
lol yes, that's all we can do. There's plenty of post of people that say they have a "great" SA or whatever the case is....over the course of this buying experience I've probably spoken with 10 different SA's, 4 online chat people 2 delivery center people and then the rate match person. Out of everyone there, the only person that was helpful was the rate match. They knew their stuff - and it was in regards to financing - nothing to do with ordering the car or delivery. Everyone who's had an experience with an SA isn't "lucky" they got one, most likely just spoke with the person at the right time and the person was able to pull up the info they needed to give to them. I'm sure the next person that contacted that same SA had a answer that took the person back 5 steps to confusion.

The thing that really pisses me off is the lack of consistent information. I talk to 10 reps/SAs, I get 10 different answers about EVERYTHING.

Reactions: dyau
oh wow…I didn’t realize the quality of SAs varied so much. I’m sorry! I’m pretty sure you can contact any SA, they should all have access to the same system and info (the hard part is finding someone who wants to help you).
you don't have to apologize, not your issue - your experience versus mine (plus many others) are different - your order might be as straight forward as "ordered day 1, completed profile day 2, no financing until vin arrived, simple question answered about order, then delivery etc etc". Throw into the mix a hold request, a special circumstance and i'm sure whoever was helping becomes as useful as a tour guide in your own home.

Reactions: onyxbanx
Congrats 🎉
Curious: did you get notified via email or sms with the VIN assignment, or did you have to refresh the account page?
No email or text, just refresh the account page.
One thing I noticed is that I need to login again when refreshing account page, and then I see the famous blue button.
Normally after I login one time, the credentials on this page should be valid for a few days. I guess Tesla does require to verify that you are the person to accept the terms and conditions...

Reactions: Vanfrankie
Finally got a VIN guys. 246xxx

124 Days, 18th week, little over 4 months....

Lynnwood, WA MSM/black 5-door 19" wheels no tow no fsd

EDD was all over the place recently. But 2 days ago I noticed it jumped a few days away from the current date, and the range dropped from a 20 day range to 16. Felt like it was close. Just now got the blue button, and VIN assigned.

Anyone else just recently get the dreaded October EDD today? Ordered 4/30 white MYLR, EDD jumped from July to August and held at September for the past month and just jumped to October with no specified date in October.

It's just a reset, I'll will move back soon enough
I pray so...I sure pray so 😔😭😭. But at this point I'm not holding my breath, I'm at week 14 and counting.... If it wasn't for Tesla leading the pack in terms of technology, and not having to deal with jacked up dealer prices I would have jumped ship a long time ago. If Tesla doesn't step up their game with customer service, delivery, and QC they will lose a lot of customers once the competition catches up.

I pray so...I sure pray so 😔😭😭. But at this point I'm not holding my breath, I'm at week 14 and counting.... If it wasn't for Tesla leading the pack in terms of technology, and not having to deal with jacked up dealer prices I would have jumped ship a long time ago. If Tesla doesn't step up their game with customer service, delivery, and QC they will lose a lot of customers once the competition catches up.

The competition wasn't going to catch up but then Tesla decided to offer the Supercharging system to them. I didn't buy a Tesla to save the earth. I bought it for convenience of long trips and ease of maintenance. If the system becomes crowded I will just go back to an ICE.