Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Be patient y'all VIN's are coming. If you have a production model 7/2021 you will receive Bioweapon Defense Mode w/the new HEPA filters as a reward for patiently waiting! As a contact lens wearer this is great for allergy season! I'm a bit envious.

Uh huh.. sure... Let me guess, so SA somewhere told you they're coming.. Of course they are, slowly..

As someone who's been really frustrated by useless EDD's, unresponsive SA's, and changes in supposedly confirmed and reconfirmed actual delivery dates three times...

("Oh...we have to cancel your scheduled, confirmed, and reconfirmed pick up tomorrow because your VIN hasn't even made it out of the assembly plant yet.

Yes, I know we made you reconfirm your appt 3 times and threatened to cancel it if you didn't respond within 2 hours.

And we removed your VIN. And we changed the EDD back to Sept. If it makes you feel any better, it's happened to other people too.)...

Plus I've had to get a rental. Extend it. Extend it again. Return it thinking I was getting my Tesla. Scramble for another rental. Extend it. etc.

...I finally got my Model Y, and I've driven it for one day (only to and from work), but I gotta say, I love it! There're a few issues I need to get fixed (one headlight is sticking out, and some minor exterior and interior trim issues to fix), but overall the car's in great shape.

So hang in there everyone! Don't let the 💩 that is Tesla's pre-delivery experience get you down. It really is an amazing car.

Uh huh.. sure... Let me guess, so SA somewhere told you they're coming.. Of course they are, slowly..
Nah, I actually received my MYP at the end of Q2, 6/29 to be exact AND As a matter of fact, I've heard it all from Tesla SA's while I was waiting for my vehicle BUT the point of my post was to give everyone still waiting for a vehicle an update as to the latest addition to MY's...

Last time in June, when the September EDD appeared, it changed to late June after a day. For me, it changed to June 24-June 30, which really made me excited for a few days. However as the date approached June 23, EDD was pushed out to late July to early Aug. I agree that the system simply has no clue when the car will be produced.

Asked once but told there is no such thing. That would require actual work though.
To me, this is one of the more frustrating issues with this whole order process. The SA’s, for the most part, really aren’t of any assistance. I feel like the only reason they are there is to assist with selling the cars (mostly answering questions during a test drive), and then to make sure that Tesla gets your money when the car shows up. Everything in-between is more hit-and-miss (mostly miss) from one SA to the next. I know they do have Gate Dates, because mine provided me actual pics. That’s not to say that even those are 100% accurate all the time, because mine changed at least 4 times, but the last one he showed me was. I like that it just gives you a more solid date instead of an ever-changing range.