Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (June 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here - somewhere between 6:30-6:45am, EDD shifted from 9/14-30 to 9/18-30. Just dont kick us into Oct!
I agree…. Let’s stay in sept please! I tried to reach out to my SA for a soft date or whatever they call it and apparently my SA doesn’t work there anymore. Doesn’t look like I’ve been assigned a new one so I don’t know what that means. The person I did talk to basically just told me what my own online acct reads: 9/18-9/30. 🤞

Reactions: paramer
Lol how often do you check that you can pinpoint a specific time frame it switched?
Mine changed as well this morning. Same time window. No VIN. I checked earlier this morning around 2:30AM, 5AM and then a few times after 6AM. The change occurred for me between 6AM-7AM.

Hope to get a VIN soon. Also waiting for them to correct a RTA County Tax that was applied to my account. My trade in offer is about to expire. Hope they don't come back and try to reduce what they offered. Won't be happy if that is the case.

Wait, did you place your MYP order in June and still haven’t received it?!?
@Quiet Coyote No, I monitor all delivery threads, and like a Dolt, I accidentally posted in the (June) thread (again).... Placed MYP order on 8/28, so not waiting a very long time, but have had the same 9/14-9/30 date as many others, including those with May and June orders (LR). So, I was more tracking EDD changes and patterns, and not OD. Good luck with your order!

I agree…. Let’s stay in sept please! I tried to reach out to my SA for a soft date or whatever they call it and apparently my SA doesn’t work there anymore. Doesn’t look like I’ve been assigned a new one so I don’t know what that means. The person I did talk to basically just told me what my own online acct reads: 9/18-9/30. 🤞
My SA just yesterday told me ”I’m seeing delivery for last week of September or first week of October“ current EDD shows 9/18-9/30 On my account. So either he is looking at something different or being optimistic. No clue which one is correct. Probably neither the way this has been going.

Reactions: MarjLa388
My SA just yesterday told me ”I’m seeing delivery for last week of September or first week of October“ current EDD shows 9/18-9/30 On my account. So either he is looking at something different or being optimistic. No clue which one is correct. Probably neither the way this has been going.
They will do absolutely everything they can to deliver in September, as it helps Q3 numbers. So you are very likely to receive in that window currently shown.

Reactions: MarjLa388
Lol how often do you check that you can pinpoint a specific time frame it switched?
I was hoping no one would notice that. hahahaha. It's not quite as bad as it seems tho, since I've noticed over the 41 times my EDD has changed(see stage 4 below) that it *usually* happens between 6-8am PDT, for me anyway.

I think there are 5 stages to Tesla buying:
1)Indecision on config/money
2)Elation at having made a decision on config and pushing the button
3)Unjustified accessory acquisitions for car you don't have yet
4)Impatience/obsessive EDD checking and desperate search for patterns to explain the vin assignment algorithm
5)Disbelief when vin/delivery actually happen. (Stage 5 is a guess since Im just in stage 4)

@Quiet Coyote No, I monitor all delivery threads, and like a Dolt, I accidentally posted in the (June) thread (again).... Placed MYP order on 8/28, so not waiting a very long time, but have had the same 9/14-9/30 date as many others, including those with May and June orders (LR). So, I was more tracking EDD changes and patterns, and not OD. Good luck with your order!
I was seriously about to get mad about you waiting since June for MYP!! 😂

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Hey Guys,

Just got the below text. Is this even valid or a scam? Anyone got anything like this?

"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month...... Please reply DELAY if you want to delay......"

OD 6/17 |MYLR7|Red/Black|19"|No FSD/Tow

OMG!!!! Just got a text message from someone who *might be* my SA
5428108B-24A6-4067-9E65-86CB39F72027.jpeg
I am SOOOOOO ready!

Saw people posting about the text but hadn't got it yet so I started worrying 😂 But I got mine.

Then I remembered the people posted that who responded to this same text in June and did NOT get their car by EOQ 🥴 Let's hope that's not us!