Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (June 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bump came this morning. New EDD 9/23-9/30. OD&PC 6/30, White/Black/20"/No FSD, No Tow. Still better than most as I'm only at 83 days but it all means nothing until you get a VIN. This whole process doesn't make any sense. I can say that I'm in the tech industry and the material shortages are real and we are seeing small items causing big delays. It's been all over the place with small plastics being 20 weeks to get delivered. One part or paint color could cause a 5-6 week delay.
It’s the white seats for me 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ That’s my theory anyway lol. I don’t see many white on white orders currently waiting for a VIN. There really doesn’t seem to be a detectable method to the madness though. I can only imagine the utter chaos behind the scenes at Tesla.

I can only imagine the utter chaos behind the scenes at Tesla.
It has to be insane trying to find suppliers and with all the orders they are trying to fill. I wouldn't want to work at Tesla right now. At least not in inventory management. I almost worked for them on the Fremont factory as an engineer but it was pure chaos with unrealistic timelines so opted to pass.

It’s the white seats for me 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ That’s my theory anyway lol. I don’t see many white on white orders currently waiting for a VIN. There really doesn’t seem to be a detectable method to the madness though. I can only imagine the utter chaos behind the scenes at Tesla.
There was a white / white demo model available in Seattle yesterday with 500 miles on it. Thought about it for a minute…..
Today there are still 3 white / white MYP demos available. I definitely don’t want P…but thought that was interesting.

Bump came this morning. New EDD 9/23-9/30. OD&PC 6/30, White/Black/20"/No FSD, No Tow. Still better than most as I'm only at 83 days but it all means nothing until you get a VIN. This whole process doesn't make any sense. I can say that I'm in the tech industry and the material shortages are real and we are seeing small items causing big delays. It's been all over the place with small plastics being 20 weeks to get delivered. One part or paint color could cause a 5-6 week delay.
Day 95 and not even having a Sept EDD...

So I went to my SC (Rocklin) earlier today to get updates since my SA never replies to my emails, calls or texts 😅 There was a delivery truck unloading new MY's and the lot was completely full with new cars! I found my SA and he gave me a "soft match" date (we all know this means nothing...) of 9/27, which is the date of when my MY will be done being built and I should expect delivery as early as 9/28 soooooo I guess we'll see 🤷‍♀️

@MarjLa388, hope this info helps since you're expecting yours around the same time and picking up in Rocklin as well, but it might be good not to take it too seriously.

Oh, the best part is my SA mentioned he got a new #, which was why he hasn't been replying. Then he emailed me his new contact number and lo and behold, it was the same one I've been texting / calling haha. At the point, all I can do is wait.

So I went to my SC (Rocklin) earlier today to get updates since my SA never replies to my emails, calls or texts 😅 There was a delivery truck unloading new MY's and the lot was completely full with new cars! I found my SA and he gave me a "soft match" date (we all know this means nothing...) of 9/27, which is the date of when my MY will be done being built and I should expect delivery as early as 9/28 soooooo I guess we'll see 🤷‍♀️

@MarjLa388, hope this info helps since you're expecting yours around the same time and picking up in Rocklin as well, but it might be good not to take it too seriously.

Oh, the best part is my SA mentioned he got a new #, which was why he hasn't been replying. Then he emailed me his new contact number and lo and behold, it was the same one I've been texting / calling haha. At the point, all I can do is wait.
Thanks @lalapuglooza !!! I just called Rocklin and asked about a “soft match” The guy on the phone sounded surprised and asked how I knew about such thing… is it like a secret menu? Hahaha anyway, he told me most likely, like 98% chance that 9/27 I’ll get a VIN I’ll likely have my car by month’s end. Oh please please PLEASE be true!!!

• Love
Reactions: DrRamen and paramer
Thanks @lalapuglooza !!! I just called Rocklin and asked about a “soft match” The guy on the phone sounded surprised and asked how I knew about such thing… is it like a secret menu? Hahaha anyway, he told me most likely, like 98% chance that 9/27 I’ll get a VIN I’ll likely have my car by month’s end. Oh please please PLEASE be true!!!
I wonder if it was "my" guy you spoke to since there were only 3 SA's when I stopped by earlier, but most likely not since he never answers the phone. Hoping we don't end up in that other 2% 😅 All jokes aside, maybe we'll run into each other during our pick ups next week! Fingers crossed for all of us VINless May + June orders.

Reactions: MarjLa388
I wonder if it was "my" guy you spoke to since there were only 3 SA's when I stopped by earlier, but most likely not since he never answers the phone. Hoping we don't end up in that other 2% 😅 All jokes aside, maybe we'll run into each other during our pick ups next week! Fingers crossed for all of us VINless May + June orders.
The guy I spoke to was tommy? Or was it timmy? Haha and yessss…. Do post when you take delivery! Maybe I’ll see you there! 👏👏

Reactions: lalapuglooza
Til the bitter end….I’ll believe it when I see a VIN though!