Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (June 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't wait anymore...the anxiety was catching on. I logged onto to Telsa and looked at existing new inventory for fun...and low and behold! my exact build was available! VIN 242XXX older number but I don't care. I am sure to do a double/triple check on the vehicle for any issues. EDD: 09/16 - 9/19

Last edited:
I couldn't wait anymore...the anxiety was catching on. I logged onto to Telsa and looked at existing new inventory for fun...and low and behold! my exact build was available! VIN 242XXX older number but I don't care. I am sure to do a double/triple check on the vehicle for any issues.
How much more expensive is the existing inventory car though? Those numbers look steep

That’s what I just did, I could loose my $250 or a more fun option could be a road trip to take it home. I’ve done a few cross country trips but never with an electric car.

I’m in desperate need of a car and supply is short everywhere so it could be worth it.
It would be a heck of a way to get to know your new car. If you have the time I'd do it. Get A Better Route Planner and use that along with the Tesla supercharger map in the car and knock out those miles and try and have some fun along the way. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Just placed my order for my MYLR MSM / White Interior, 20” wheels! I have a lease until March next year so hoping I can get in line early and take delivery in Feb/Mar!
I did the same thing. My lease was up the end of October and I ordered 6/30. Due to retail value of used cars, I ended up buying my leased car and will sell it once MY arrives. Should make a few $k in the process. May want to look into it yourself. Current retail for my Honda Clarity is $5k over the buyout.

No change today on EDD (9/18-9/30) but I reached out to my SA yesterday regarding a vehicle swap with someone local who can't take delivery. He responded that its not possible as its done through their delivery center. Thought I would share. Also happy about my SA continues to get back to me quickly on every email. I know others have had trouble but mine is very responsive.