Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (June 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put together a checklist based on some video's I've seen but seems like its more than what's really needed.

1. VIN matches paperwork
  2. Color of paint matches
  3. Front license plate
  4. Charger provided and working
  5. Plug adapter
  6. Software updated.
  7. Curb rash on rims
  8. Valve stems
  9. Panel gaps
  10. Door alignment
  11. Headlight alignment
  12. Tail light alignment
  13. Roof glass cracks
  14. Tow hook in frunk
  15. Both keys work
  16. Bluetooth working
  17. Climate control via app
  18. Flashers
  19. Turn signals
  20. High beams
  21. Brake lights
  22. Side mirror motors
  23. Charging port working
  24. Wipers working and not catching on hood
  25. Interior lights
  26. Seat adjustments work
  27. AC working
  28. Emergency door releases work
  29. Wireless phone chargers work
  30. USB’s work (bring usb c and a)
  31. All speakers work
In case the list is not long enough for some, here's some organized checklist for people to go through :) teslaprep/model_y_checklist.md at master · mykeln/teslaprep

Reactions: OxBrew
Hey guys,

New on here, this is my first post. Ordered my MYLR on 7/7. Original EDD was 9/1-9/30, at the beginning of September it got pushed back to 10/4 - 10/24, and that's what it is today. Hoping I get it in that range! Not sure if this has already been posted, but I was curious if anyone on here has tried this trick to find their VIN early:

It's REALLY easy to do. When you're in your account page, right click, and you should see 'View page source'. Click that, and a source code page will pop up. Search that source code page (control F) for '5YJ', which is the starting VIN for all Teslas. If you find a match, it will be your VIN! Unfortunately, no VIN for me yet, but had a buddy try it and he found his VIN! Curious if any of you, especially those with September EDDs, might find your VIN. Let me know if you do!

Seems like the EoQ VIN train ran through the station without stopping today. Anyone get a VIN today?

No change on my end.
Didn’t see many VINs being reported today, looks like we have 1 more day for possible VIN assignment for a 9/30 delivery. Otherwise for me wouldn’t be too bad waiting a bit longer for a 2022 VIN based on previous trends.

1DC17888-3F1A-4A3D-9E18-5AC5DF623642.jpeg

Just got this message. Are they pretty much saying that “we don’t want you to cause any trouble, just accept the car”

I heard October manufactured cars are shipped elsewhere geographically as Tesla produces cars each month pre-allocated to regions. Is this true (i.e., West Coast CA will not be eligible for any Oct-made cars)?

Still silently hoping my EDD of Nov gets bumped up to Oct :(

I heard October manufactured cars are shipped elsewhere geographically as Tesla produces cars each month pre-allocated to regions. Is this true (i.e., West Coast CA will not be eligible for any Oct-made cars)?

Still silently hoping my EDD of Nov gets bumped up to Oct :(
It's a weird slow trickle, but what I've heard is that first month of a quarter is usually focused on Canada. Second month is east coast and will move slowly west into the third month. The last three weeks of the quarter is like a hail Mary for west coast, especially the final two weeks.

That said, people will say first month is "overseas" but based on what I've read, Fremont does not produce for Europe or Asia. The cars go to Canada.

Dates also not super strict. For example, it's not like October 1-31 is Canada and once it hits November 1, Canada is over. It's a slow trickle throughout the quarter in my view regions they'll focus on, but not exclusively focus on.

It's a weird slow trickle, but what I've heard is that first month of a quarter is usually focused on Canada. Second month is east coast and will move slowly west into the third month. The last three weeks of the quarter is like a hail Mary for west coast, especially the final two weeks.

That said, people will say first month is "overseas" but based on what I've read, Fremont does not produce for Europe or Asia. The cars go to Canada.

Dates also not super strict. For example, it's not like October 1-31 is Canada and once it hits November 1, Canada is over. It's a slow trickle throughout the quarter in my view regions they'll focus on, but not exclusively focus on.
*sigh* well, fingers crossed I can get it in Oct! Would be unfortunate to wait until last 3 weeks of Q lol for EOQ push. Ty for response and for the small laugh at "hail mary for west coast"

645970FA-AB82-4D5D-83A0-2D7ABD95B318.jpeg
Sales agent called me and asked if I could pick up TODAY,,, Or tomorrow, instead of my scheduled appointment of Thursday at 11am. I told him I wouldn’t be able to pick up until after 7pm. They were fine with it because, come to find, it was contactless!
Completed everything in my account. Can’t believe how streamlined it all was.

I was a little worried there wouldn’t be anyone there to list down any possible issues, but what could they do anyway?Besides watch me scrutinize every inch of the car? 😂 Everything is perfect though!! Everything works…No gap issues. Of course I’ll have to play with it more, but it drives like a dream! I’m in love!!! For everyone else still waiting on a VIN…. It’s so worth it. You forget all the torture and every second of refreshing once you see the car sync with your phone and smell that new car smell. Ahhhhhh. I just want to sleep in it.
OK. I’ll stop. 😂. Good luck to the rest!

View attachment 715687Sales agent called me and asked if I could pick up TODAY,,, Or tomorrow, instead of my scheduled appointment of Thursday at 11am. I told him I wouldn’t be able to pick up until after 7pm. They were fine with it because, come to find, it was contactless!

I was a little worried there wouldn’t be anyone there to list down any possible issues, but what could they do anyway?Besides watch me scrutinize every inch of the car? 😂 Everything is perfect though!! Everything works…No gap issues. Of course I’ll have to play with it more, but it drives like a dream! I’m in love!!! For everyone else still waiting on a VIN…. It’s so worth it. You forget all the torture and every second of refreshing once you see the car sync with your phone and smell that new car smell. Ahhhhhh. I just want to sleep in it.
I'm so happy you got your car! Congrats. I've had mine for two days and I'm definitely in the honeymoon phase.

View attachment 715687Sales agent called me and asked if I could pick up TODAY,,, Or tomorrow, instead of my scheduled appointment of Thursday at 11am. I told him I wouldn’t be able to pick up until after 7pm. They were fine with it because, come to find, it was contactless!

Congrats!
I’m picking mine up tomorrow. They didn’t give me the option to pick it up after closing so he’s gonna have to watch me and the wife check for panel gaps and paint mismatch. I hope it comes with mudflaps and rear ppf though it being an earlier vin, I’m kinda doubting it will…

Happy for everyone that made the EoQ push. Just got bumped to 10/1-10/15. My SA told me on 9/14 that I'm slotted for the last week of September or First week of October. I guess we will see if they focus on other regions in October.
No updates for me either, hopefully for next week get some movement!

Congrats!
I’m picking mine up tomorrow. They didn’t give me the option to pick it up after closing so he’s gonna have to watch me and the wife check for panel gaps and paint mismatch. I hope it comes with mudflaps and rear ppf though it being an earlier vin, I’m kinda doubting it will…
Mine arrived with mudflaps and PPF on the rockers with a 275 VIN. I think you'll get it as well.

Reactions: DrRamen

I'm scheduled for in-home drop-off delivery tomorrow that doesn't even require us being present, anyone has experience of it?