Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (June 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think now is an appropriate time to start the June waiting room for West Coast orders....

Plus it's been requested by @haaseg that us June orders should stop posting in the May order thread. ;)

Day 48 for me.... EDD currently at August 17 - September 6.

View attachment 687069
I ordered June 12th. Earlier this week my delivery date was Sept 21-29. Today it is October 25-November 14. Killin’ me!

WOW, Been a busy couple days. Got very excited the other day when I got the "prepare for delivery" screen but it was just my financing expiring. I updated the lease info and called it a night. I wanted to add my trade in so I got a quote from Tesla and it was much higher than I expected. I've been communicating with my SA all day on adding a trade in and just found that I have a VIN. Showed up a few minutes ago 278XXX. WOOHOO

Is the Tesla insurance typically better than others? I currently have Progressive but they just quoted me about $400 higher a year than Tesla. Just can't seem to find out what the Tesla quote covers and what the deductible is.

Last edited:
Nothing major. Wheels buzz at 75, rear hatch closes more on one side, rattle by my shoulder. A bit of moisture in one rear light when it sat in the sun. Gone after a few hours. Some gaps are a bit closer than others, but nothing rubs. I think it's like a fingerprint, each one is different.

All the lights, charge port, cameras, everything are sitting tight, centered, where they're supposed to be. I've seen some that are really kind of sloppy, this one looks really tight.

Biggest flaw is the pine tree above the driveway, already dropped sap on it.

No mud flaps, but does have PPF.

Just ordered Tesla front mud flaps, wheel centers (going to ditch the aero covers), rear cargo mat.

Unbelievable, really, drives like a dream. It is a dream.

Lulu, after my daughter's sweet white rat from years ago.
View attachment 716953View attachment 716954
Congrats! Lucky that you got the ppf at least. I held off on ordering mud flaps because I wasn’t sure if it would come installed but Amazon delivered some quick. I actually didn’t order anything because I wasn’t expecting to receive the car that quick.
I didn’t even think about checking the charge ports… they told me that we only have 24 hrs to report any problems so I guess I’m too late on that now…

The last few days have been a roller coaster for me, so asking whether anyone has similar experience. I received the VIN on 9/26 and go scheduled delivery on 9/29. On 9/29, the delivery appointment got changed to 9/30 "4AM". There was no email or message from Tesla about the change, I had to log in to see the updated appointment. On the morning of 9/30, I called Tesla several times and finally got a hold of a representative. He told me the car was still in the factory, but they were still shooting for delivering it by the end of the day. However, it didn't happen.

On 10/1, the appointment was removed and EDD 10/1-10/6 was shown. Later in the afternoon, it became scheduled appointment at 2AM, 10/4. Then it changed again yesterday (10/2) to 2AM, 10/6. Since I am located about 30 min drive from the Fremont factory, I stopped by Fremont and went talk to someone at the Fremont delivery center. I was told the car is still in the factory, but they expect the delivery will happen on or before 10/6. However, today the delivery appointment got changed to 10/13. Still, no email no message, I have to log it regularly to observe the change of appointment.

I saw there were a couple Model Y in the lot that are in the same VIN range (~282XXX); there are some in the range of 283XXX. So I am quite surprised to hear mine is still in the factory.

The last few days have been a roller coaster for me, so asking whether anyone has similar experience. I received the VIN on 9/26 and go scheduled delivery on 9/29. On 9/29, the delivery appointment got changed to 9/30 "4AM". There was no email or message from Tesla about the change, I had to log in to see the updated appointment. On the morning of 9/30, I called Tesla several times and finally got a hold of a representative. He told me the car was still in the factory, but they were still shooting for delivering it by the end of the day. However, it didn't happen.

On 10/1, the appointment was removed and EDD 10/1-10/6 was shown. Later in the afternoon, it became scheduled appointment at 2AM, 10/4. Then it changed again yesterday (10/2) to 2AM, 10/6. Since I am located about 30 min drive from the Fremont factory, I stopped by Fremont and went talk to someone at the Fremont delivery center. I was told the car is still in the factory, but they expect the delivery will happen on or before 10/6. However, today the delivery appointment got changed to 10/13. Still, no email no message, I have to log it regularly to observe the change of appointment.

I saw there were a couple Model Y in the lot that are in the same VIN range (~282XXX); there are some in the range of 283XXX. So I am quite surprised to hear mine is still in the factory.

My experience was somewhat similar. Ordered early July and the EDD window got narrower and narrower. On 9/28, it changed to 9/29-30 and stayed that way until the night of the 30th. Then it changed to 10/1-10/2. At some point after that, it changed to 10/2 @ 2am. I didn't really believe any of it and wasn't in a hurry to get the car anyway. But on the morning of the 2nd (sometime well after 2am), I got a text saying the car would be dropped off sometime that day. I was out and about and when I got home around 3pm, the car was in my driveway.

Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your Model Y! Yeah, I only got one message over the weekend saying they scheduled tentatively on 10/4, but no further message since then. I am going to call again tomorrow morning to see if I can get any info about the delay.

Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your Model Y! Yeah, I only got one message over the weekend saying they scheduled tentatively on 10/4, but no further message since then. I am going to call again tomorrow morning to see if I can get any info about the delay.
That's different than my experience. I saw the VIN on Sunday morning and got a text on Monday to schedule the pick up time. I then got a call from the delivery location telling me my trade wasn't approved and they needed to remove it from the contract (see below). We did and arrange for the Wednesday Delivery.

For those that bought out a previous lease, I was hoping to save $$ and not register the car in my name prior to the trade in. Dopey move on my part. Had to register it yesterday (cost me $1,600 taxes and updated registration) and lost the trade in ($21k). The SA told me to reach out to Shift, Carmax and Carvanna and all should provide a higher value than Tesla. Not too big an issue but sure was nice to see a -value on my Tesla account for a little while anyway.

Moral of the story, "Don't be a Dope"