Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

OCJeff

OD: 6/4 MYLR5 White/White/20” Del. 9/16
Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
I can now report that this thread can officially close!!! I picked up my beauty today. There were a few issues with the finish but nothing big enough to reject delivery. Had a chip on the paint of the front passenger side by the window, and some panel gaps I want readjusted, and noticed underneath the car there was a screw missing on one side and a loose screw on the other side. Besides that the car is beautiful and I LOVED the drive home, the acceleration was crazy. I am a happy camper despite the long long long wait and hiccups from Tesla.
The May 2021 thread is now CLOSED….
Awesome!!! Congratulations! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

EVDRVN

May 12, 2018
North Bay Area
My Y is still on hold and I can hold it price locked until Jan1. I was hoping to delay with dreams of new cells in my pack. Assuming i initiate the order today would that look like April-May? Still not sure if orders on hold go faster then new orders and I am ok waiting longer to place the order. Second concern is placing it end of December and it ends up being 9 months. Wondering if delivery estimates have Giga Texas baked in.

Bklynguy

MYLR, White, 19", Black interior, 5 seat, OD 4/30
Mar 31, 2021
Fontana, CA
My Y is still on hold and I can hold it price locked until Jan1. I was hoping to delay with dreams of new cells in my pack. Assuming i initiate the order today would that look like April-May? Still not sure if orders on hold go faster then new orders and I am ok waiting longer to place the order. Second concern is placing it end of December and it ends up being 9 months. Wondering if delivery estimates have Giga Texas baked in.
My speculation would be that once Giga Austin is up and running production times will decrease significantly from the current 6-11 month wait. But hey with Elon you never know.
If you are trying to time your delivery I would say to add a few months to whatever your anticipated EDD is. Because there will always be delays. If you can afford to wait it out I would release the hold as late as I can, if not just release soon since it will be the spring at best or summer when you get the car.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC