Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can now report that this thread can officially close!!! I picked up my beauty today. There were a few issues with the finish but nothing big enough to reject delivery. Had a chip on the paint of the front passenger side by the window, and some panel gaps I want readjusted, and noticed underneath the car there was a screw missing on one side and a loose screw on the other side. Besides that the car is beautiful and I LOVED the drive home, the acceleration was crazy. I am a happy camper despite the long long long wait and hiccups from Tesla.
The May 2021 thread is now CLOSED….
Awesome!!! Congratulations! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

My Y is still on hold and I can hold it price locked until Jan1. I was hoping to delay with dreams of new cells in my pack. Assuming i initiate the order today would that look like April-May? Still not sure if orders on hold go faster then new orders and I am ok waiting longer to place the order. Second concern is placing it end of December and it ends up being 9 months. Wondering if delivery estimates have Giga Texas baked in.

My Y is still on hold and I can hold it price locked until Jan1. I was hoping to delay with dreams of new cells in my pack. Assuming i initiate the order today would that look like April-May? Still not sure if orders on hold go faster then new orders and I am ok waiting longer to place the order. Second concern is placing it end of December and it ends up being 9 months. Wondering if delivery estimates have Giga Texas baked in.
My speculation would be that once Giga Austin is up and running production times will decrease significantly from the current 6-11 month wait. But hey with Elon you never know.
If you are trying to time your delivery I would say to add a few months to whatever your anticipated EDD is. Because there will always be delays. If you can afford to wait it out I would release the hold as late as I can, if not just release soon since it will be the spring at best or summer when you get the car.