Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date 4/6. At the recommendation of my trash SA, submission date 5/15 to avoid "too early of a delivery."

Need delivery at the end end of June but after initially being estimated there, my EDD has only spent a little bit of time in June. It now sits in July most of the time, currently 7/14-8/3. The exact 2-week timeframe I unfortunately cannot take delivery. I think this brings me into August and September.

I need this car to go to work and do daycare dropoff as I have already sold my car during a relocation. How unfortunate this entire process has been. The kicker is I will be moving 10 minutes from the Fremont factory.

Reactions: LongBeachKing
If you are close to the factory in Fremont, you will be at the top of the list to get a q2 delivery if people reject at last minute for any multitude of reasons. But you will find out on June 28 that the car is available and you need to finalize everything and pickup on June 30. That is how Tesla rolls.

Reactions: JDACDAD
Ordered: 5/18
Specs: MYLR, Pearl White, 5 Seat, Black Interior, 19" Gemini Wheels, No Tow, No FSD
Today's EDD: 7/13 to 8/2 (first EDD shown was 6/21 to 6/30)
Payment Method: Cash (changed from Tesla Financing)

As annoying as the changing EDD has been, bouncing all over the place, when I ordered back on 5/18 the site just said 4 to 12 weeks. Therefore, I knew it could be mid-June, but it could also be mid-August. I have a backup ICE car I'm driving so I'm just waiting it out. I know everyone is in a different situation though. My SA has been non-existent throughout the process, but I have been in contact with other reps, not that they have been able to tell me anything. Here's to hoping there's a big push, starting tomorrow, to deliver as many cars as possible by the end of June. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: JDACDAD
If you are close to the factory in Fremont, you will be at the top of the list to get a q2 delivery if people reject at last minute for any multitude of reasons. But you will find out on June 28 that the car is available and you need to finalize everything and pickup on June 30. That is how Tesla rolls.
I’m 10 miles away from the factory. I hope that is enough time. I can’t do anything until I give my credit union a signed MVPA. Only then will they give me a check. I’m already pre-approved. ACH is not possible for some reason.

I would take the ever changing dates with a grain of salt and plan on your original EDD dates. You can also ask your SA for a soft match date which is around the time you should be receiving a VIN and then delivery within days after that according to my SA Ordered 5/20 with soft match date of 6/22 which is within my original EDD.

Reactions: Mod Y Guy
I would take the ever changing dates with a grain of salt and plan on your original EDD dates. You can also ask your SA for a soft match date which is around the time you should be receiving a VIN and then delivery within days after that according to my SA Ordered 5/20 with soft match date of 6/22 which is within my original EDD.
I ordered around the same time as you, how soon did an SA reach out to you? Wondering if I should e-mail my local SC and ask to have someone assigned to me.

Ordered May 26
White, black interior, hitch, 19” wheels.
EDD: July 6-26

mom hoping for a July 1-3 delivery date. Funds from previously sold car won’t be available until 6/28 so I can’t take delivery any sooner. Plus, that’s a week away and I haven’t seen a VIN yet.
Scheduled a test drive on 7/3 for fun to hold me over until I get mine.

borrowing a friends Saab 9-3 Aero convertible that has a 6sp transmission. Damn thing is a hoot to drive around. Lacks all the creature comforts but it scoots and has a nice motor sound for a V6 turbo supported by GM.

Ordered May 18th,
Deep Blue, All black interior, Gemini, No hitch, 5 seat, w/FSD
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Before the vin, the EDD kept jumping around between July and June, by June 15th, the EDD had adapted a new pattern, being pushed back two days once the first day in the window is reached.

Because I was in a hurry, I ordered an inventory car, which is the exactly same spec except for white paint. I immediately got a vin and the next morning got the text that the car will be dropped off in 3-5 days. Literally the same day though, I got the vin for the blue car. Didn't care all that much about it, as I thought it would be another week or so until I get the text for delivery. Little did I know though, I would get that text this morning. So, called my Tesla advisor, who is extremely good, unlike all the horrible ones I hear about constantly. She instantly canceled the inventory car for me, which had a delivery appointment already.

So yeah... finally saw the end of it(I hope) got Vin on June 19th, roughly a month since order date.
A text on June 30th to schedule my delivery, which I chose from a 3 day window, at June 22nd 1pm.
Picking up at Costa Mesa, CA.

Reactions: Greg007
What’s going on fellow May orders!

Order Date: 5/23/21
Model Y LR

-5 seats
-Pearl White
-black interior
-induction wheels
-tow hitch
-autopilot

Currently the delivery estimate still says 2-13 weeks.
Not sure why I don’t have a 2 weeks window but trying to stay patient as possible. Still pretty lucky I have a beater car in the family because I already sold my truck lol.
Update as of 6/20/21, still showing 2-13 weeks

Ordered Blue/Black with 19" Geminis 5/31, EDD has gone anywhere from late June to all the way to mid October. Today, its settled on late July to early August. I actually don't need it now and wouldn't mind a later delivery date to give more time to figure out the potential for EV tax credit. Having said that, I wouldn't mind if it came in a bit earlier too.