Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has changed probably 4-5 times since ordering. Kept basically jumping a whole month each time. Microchips-schmicrochips….or just taking way too many orders? Who knows. We’ll get ‘em eventually! 🙌🏻
The microchip-heavy products my company sells went from 2-3 week lead times to >250 days progressively over the summer.

The struggle is real.

Reactions: GildedVines
The microchip-heavy products my company sells went from 2-3 week lead times to >250 days progressively over the summer.

The struggle is real.
Unless you change your order to a Performance model. No struggle there! Just click your heals three times and say “there’s no model Y like the Performance” and it will magically grant your every microchip desire! In fact the car is already sitting in the driveway!

Unless you change your order to a Performance model. No struggle there! Just click your heals three times and say “there’s no model Y like the Performance” and it will magically grant your every microchip desire! In fact the car is already sitting in the driveway!
Perfectly ok to yell at Elon about that :)

Reactions: Where’s my car
Unfortunately this is the trend.

This is a summary of a cross post from the CA waiting room. I wanted the MYP from the very beginning but convinced myself to get a MYLR. I switched my May order and got a VIN three hours later.

Unfortunately this is the trend.

This is a summary of a cross post from the CA waiting room. I wanted the MYP from the very beginning but convinced myself to get a MYLR. I switched my May order and got a VIN three hours later.
I was just reading a post from today on another MY delivery time thread about a guy who switched his order from LR to P on 8/29 and received a VIN on 8/30!! 🤔 Sounds about right though.

my soft date is pushed further out again: Sept 12th (was 3rd).... oh man....

my soft date is pushed further out again: Sept 12th (was 3rd).... oh man....
Hmmm what’s your range? But really, who knows what that means. With Tesla’s madness that could mean you’re getting your car next week, in 2 weeks, or a month. People receive VIN’s with all types of time frames. I’ve heard of people getting assigned a vehicle with January, and November estimates. With a timeframe weeks out or at the end of the month. A range within 20 days, 12 days, 7, 3 and so on. It’s pure insanity 🤪

Hmmm what’s your range? But really, who knows what that means. With Tesla’s madness that could mean you’re getting your car next week, in 2 weeks, or a month. People receive VIN’s with all types of time frames. I’ve heard of people getting assigned a vehicle with January, and November estimates. With a timeframe weeks out or at the end of the month. A range within 20 days, 12 days, 7, 3 and so on. It’s pure insanity 🤪
Sitting on 9/3-9/23 with soft date 9/12... I got feeling that it will get pushed again and I end up with the EOQ rush delivery madness.

I am on day 99 - one more day to get my 100 day badge. May 25 order, mylr, white, black, tow, 19, rocklin ca

I'm on day 93-only a week to go for my 100 day badge. 5/31 order and completed profile for a MYLR, white, blk interior, no tow, 19 inch, no fsd-in fact no extras at all, Rocklin, CA. Where's my VIN?????

115 days and counting.

Got my 100 day badge. Based on my EDD of 10/1-10/21, I'm looking at 130 days plus...

Day 119. 10/9-10/29 EDD.

Day 90. Current EDD 9/2-9/16

Wow.... This thread can be extremely depressing sometimes. Let's see some SEPTEMBER VINs!!! Why all these October dates?