Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wait is painful but the not knowing is the absolute worst. 9/2 - 9/22 too
The post-VIN wait is painful too. Day 3. Inside my last EDD again (Sept 1-4). That's the 4th time. But I don't get an EDD anymore. I now have an appointment for delivery, which they could postpone if the car fails their inspection. The car can't come soon enough.

I hope you and all my Rocklin peeps get a VIN soon.

Order mine 5/3 and finally took delivery yesterday.

comedy of errors - they delivered the car to my house and I wasn’t home yet. Got home, tried to unlock the car, no luck. Called roadside, no luck there. While on hold with roadside I texted the local delivery center - the guy called me back to try and help me figure it out.

turns out I had the wrong car - I didn’t even think to check the VIN. They came back 2 hours later to swap cars.

I finally have my white model y 7-seater!!!

good luck everyone!

Ah, there's the delivery slip. Always on day-2 of hitting my EDD window... This would be the third time I've gotten into my window, only to see it move again. If it slips into November, I'll likely lock in my financing mid-month and keep my fingers crossed that I get a VIN before the approval expires (45 days IIRC).

I'm really concerned that there will be the typical debt ceiling BS at the end of the month and interest rates will spike.

Old EDD: 9/1-16
New EDD: 9/5-18

I'd make hay that the window shrunk, but there's no logic in this place.

Order mine 5/3 and finally took delivery yesterday.

comedy of errors - they delivered the car to my house and I wasn’t home yet. Got home, tried to unlock the car, no luck. Called roadside, no luck there. While on hold with roadside I texted the local delivery center - the guy called me back to try and help me figure it out.

turns out I had the wrong car - I didn’t even think to check the VIN. They came back 2 hours later to swap cars.

I finally have my white model y 7-seater!!!

good luck everyone!
That's hilarious!! So was it the exact same config I assume?! They just happened to deliver someone else's car to you?

Glad you got it all sorted out, and I very happy to see another May order delivery!!!

No change on my EDD still 9/5-9/25.

Honestly, I don’t feel like there is a method, rhyme or reason to how they distribute vehicles. Seems higher end models go first, but otherwise it’s a total cluster…this is the closest I’ve been to my EDD window (currently 9/15-9/30) since ordering initially (early May). I’m actually in the same month now as my 15 day window. I feel like all that means is that TSLA is hoping to rush out deliveries by EO3Q 🤷🏻‍♀️ Any NorCal people get VINs or deliveries recently? Seems like most on here lately have been in SoCal.