Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update (tried to edit my earlier post from this morning, but time to do so had expired - sorry to overpost!): Just called Vallejo service center for the first time in a while (as in, months). Not very helpful and sounded annoyed to have to talk to me, frankly. I was told by the person I spoke with that the only thing that matters for delivery is my order date which was 5/08 (2 days earlier than I thought) and that profile completion doesn’t factor in. He couldn't or wouldn’t tell me what my profile completion date even was, but I’m pretty sure it was sometime in late May. This is contrary to everything I’ve read thus far as well as what the Tesla account page itself says…was also told by the random SA I spoke with that expired/resubmitted trade in and financing offers have no bearing on my spot in the delivery queue. I feel like this person just wanted to get me off the phone and told me whatever they thought I wanted to hear. This is why I don’t check in or call anymore, ugh! I also sent an email to the advisor I’d dealt with previously asking for my profile completion so we will see if he has a different answer or if he even responds. Grrrr

Reactions: Deutsch100
Update (tried to edit my earlier post from this morning, but time to do so had expired - sorry to overpost!): Just called Vallejo service center for the first time in a while (as in, months). Not very helpful and sounded annoyed to have to talk to me, frankly. I was told by the person I spoke with that the only thing that matters for delivery is my order date which was 5/08 (2 days earlier than I thought) and that profile completion doesn’t factor in. He couldn't or wouldn’t tell me what my profile completion date even was, but I’m pretty sure it was sometime in late May. This is contrary to everything I’ve read thus far as well as what the Tesla account page itself says…was also told by the random SA I spoke with that expired/resubmitted trade in and financing offers have no bearing on my spot in the delivery queue. I feel like this person just wanted to get me off the phone and told me whatever they thought I wanted to hear. This is why I don’t check in or call anymore, ugh! I also sent an email to the advisor I’d dealt with previously asking for my profile completion so we will see if he has a different answer or if he even responds. Grrrr
Based on everything I see I'm almost certain profile completion has an impact. My OD was 5/2, with my profile completion 6/18 (the last thing was just a trade in offer pending for a week though), and my EDD is 10/9-10/29, more in line with those in the early June orders/profile completion, unless it's just Tesla not liking me...

Good morning. No VIN assigned yet... But the Estimated Delivery has remained unchanged for several weeks: September 09 - September 29

Ordered MYP with default configuration on 8/23. Located in Covington WA (Near the Renton, WA area). Purchase made: Cash with a trade in.
@JohnCostanzo Same location as me. I ordered on 8/29 and have a 9/14-9/30 range. What colors and configuration did you order? See you around the neighborhood!

Last week, I pinged a customer service rep on the Tesla website (chat box) who told me that my car should arrive 9/29. 2 days later, my EDD updated from first 3 weeks of October to 9/19 - 9/30. Elon told his team that they're gonna have a huge push at QE again. So, I'm guessing that 9/29 is as good a guess as it's gonna get.

Last week, I pinged a customer service rep on the Tesla website (chat box) who told me that my car should arrive 9/29. 2 days later, my EDD updated from first 3 weeks of October to 9/19 - 9/30. Elon told his team that they're gonna have a huge push at QE again. So, I'm guessing that 9/29 is as good a guess as it's gonna get.
hmmm wondering if it takes a chat box to initiate an update to the edd? As of the last 2 weeks i've been sitting at 10/2 - 10/22 no changes. I contemplate whether or not i'll be part of the EOQ push since I ordered 3/28, completed profile 5/21.

So i think based on that I might just be one of the longest waiting ones on the boards that didn't have a hold on the account. 163 days from order date 109 days from profile completion date.

just tried your PING chat thing and all they could give me was:

No you have completed all needed steps in your Tesla Account and yes I do see the same Estimated delivery date as you noted above.

I can either assist you with making a separate order for the Model Y Performance or get you connected with your sales advisor to assist you in a design change for your current order.

so still a waiting game for me.

Had a nice chat with a SA out of Texas via 510-249-3100. Told me my application is complete and 5/31 date should expect VIN end of September. We then exchanged more pleasantries bc he saw my Husband works for Rivian and before than worked for Tesla. I mentioned I’m financed thru DCU and he updated mt account with that information. I also mentioned we will write a check for down payment at the time of inspection and pick up bc Husband had embarrassing stories of owners that had terrible paint job and rattles….

He said he will reach out to my local SA to confirm we can present a personal check after acceptance not beforehand.

Last edited:
Based on everything I see I'm almost certain profile completion has an impact. My OD was 5/2, with my profile completion 6/18 (the last thing was just a trade in offer pending for a week though), and my EDD is 10/9-10/29, more in line with those in the early June orders/profile completion, unless it's just Tesla not liking me...
I’m in the same boat as you. Order date 5/8, but profile completion 6/26- and I’ve been basing EDD off of profile completion date. Why is the wait soooooo long 😩

I dunno if I'd believe that guy. My friend ordered a MYLR5 three weeks after I did (she ordered mid-June, also from Bay Area) and she has an EDD of 11/16 - 12/06. That's much later than many of the October EDD ranges I've seen for many California June orders I've seen. But turns out she didn't complete her profile until mid- August. I always wondered why her EDD range kept moving further and further back (well, I guess that happens to all of us lol... but hers is much much later than most).

Does a small EDD window hold any significance? Still sitting at 9/28-9/30 as of the weekend update. Previously EDD had been 9/15-9/30 for about a week. So many of us May orders still in the waiting game here! 😩
At least in my case, when the window shortened to 10 days, I had my VIN pretty quickly. Of course, this was the 4th EDD I actually managed to enter (after countless EDD's I never reached)...

Last edited:
I dunno if I'd believe that guy. My friend ordered a MYLR5 three weeks after I did (she ordered mid-June, also from Bay Area) and she has an EDD of 11/16 - 12/06. That's much later than many of the October EDD ranges I've seen for many California June orders I've seen. But turns out she didn't complete her profile until mid- August. I always wondered why her EDD range kept moving further and further back (well, I guess that happens to all of us lol... but hers is much much later than most).
I definitely don’t believe him 😂 I did hear back from the SA I’ve dealt with in the past via email this afternoon. He confirmed my profile has been completed, but couldn’t give me a date of completion. He also told me that expired/resubmitted trade in and finance offers have no impact on my spot in the delivery queue, but rather that the account overall has been submitted. I take that to mean all registration, financing and trade in (if applicable) being submitted initially. And lo and behold, my trade in offer happened to expire for the third time today - another resubmission with current odometer mileage, so we’ll see if it does have any impact or not. 🤞🏻

Reactions: johnc925
My saga is almost complete. May 28th order. MYLR with stock options. Final stats:
  • 101 days to VIN
  • 10+ EDD windows
  • Ambiguous "October" EDD twice
  • EDD window entered 4 times (always kicked out on day-2 with a revised window)
In the end, my ever-changing EDD window went from 20 days, to 18 days, to 16 days, to 15 days, to 10 days. I had my VIN within 2 days of the 10 day EDD windowb showing up in my account. That was Monday and I should take delivery no later than Friday of this week.

Anecdotally, the shorter the window, the closer you are.

Good luck to everyone else!